[ModPack] Cars [20140514-switchable-mouselook] [cars]

Ragnarok

[ModPack] Cars [20140514-switchable-mouselook] [cars]

by Ragnarok » Post

It's Cars ModPack :) These cars can move very quickly on asphalt and other hard surfaces (for example from Infrastructure), in contrast to the unpaved surfaces like dirt or gravel. Cars ride uphill, downhill and so on. You can even drift with this cars :) Have fun!

I based on boats mod by PilzAdam, and hard work in Blender.

License:
Sourcecode: WTFPL, http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
Models, Graphics & Sounds: CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 International, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Mod dependencies:

ZIP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgqhqp8lkhb8a ... ok.7z?dl=1
MD5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jciuujargsnwr ... z.md5?dl=1

Changes:
- you can switch mouselook by pressing jump key
Last edited by Ragnarok on Mon Jun 24, 2019 07:21, edited 4 times in total.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Wow, good work!
Max speed: 10 nodes per second
But when I steer, then the car doesn't have a thing like centrifugal force.
Also, could you use the set_yaw() on players, so they always look forward?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Krock wrote:Also, could you use the set_yaw() on players, so they always look forward?
+1

natan.virgiliio

by natan.virgiliio » Post

LOL

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

When for the race competition on Minetest ? ;)

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Krock wrote:Wow, good work!
Max speed: 10 nodes per second
But when I steer, then the car doesn't have a thing like centrifugal force.
I have the same problem in the car extension for StreetsMod. IMO I think it's more like a missing centripetal force (or whatever it's called in english)...

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

I think that turning should be tied to speed - The car turns only when iit is moving and lower speeds equals more turning angle
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

markveidemanis

by markveidemanis » Post

celeron55 wrote: Disallowed licenses

Any mod that disallows derivatives cannot be published on this forum. These include CC NoDerivs and pretty much any closed source licenses.
viewtopic.php?id=1271
Ragnarok wrote: License:
Models, Graphics & Sounds: CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 International, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

markveidemanis wrote:

Any mod that disallows derivatives cannot be published on this forum. These include CC NoDerivs and pretty much any closed source licenses.
viewtopic.php?id=1271
I think they are allowed for textures...
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

hoodedice wrote:
markveidemanis wrote:

viewtopic.php?id=1271
I think they are allowed for textures...
They are only allowed for Texture Packs.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

@markveidemanis Good :) I like Modding General. I plan to do the best cars mod ever.

@Krock, webdesigner97 Centrifugal(petal?) force is great idea. This + hand break will be awesome!
Yes and no. Maybe I'll do this option switchable, because I like to look back, when I park... back. Mirrors in Minetest are unfortunatelly still not available (If I didn't miss something).

Thanks for feedback :)

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

BTW: when you are using closed licences, please don't cry later because your mod will be not so much used. I (and not only I) preffer to use free mods..

PS: You are planning Fiat 126P. Are you sure that this is not licenced anymore? Using closed licence and break someones else licence looks weird.
Last edited by Pitriss on Mon Mar 03, 2014 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Ragnarok wrote:@markveidemanis Good :) I like Modding General. I plan to do the best cars mod ever.

@Krock, webdesigner97 Centrifugal(petal?) force is great idea. This + hand break will be awesome!
Yes and no. Maybe I'll do this option switchable, because I like to look back, when I park... back. Mirrors in Minetest are unfortunatelly still not available (If I didn't miss something).

Thanks for feedback :)
Have fun with centripetalforce :D I failed implementing it ^^

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Pitriss wrote:BTW: when you are using closed licences, please don't cry later because your mod will be not so much used. I (and not only I) preffer to use free mods..
^

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:Have fun with centripetalforce :D I failed implementing it ^^
It shouldn't be that hard, it's just a variable which affects the moving-direction after (and while) turning the wheel. Turning wheel + speed = increase centrifugal force
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

Pitriss wrote:BTW: when you are using closed licences, please don't cry later because your mod will be not so much used. I (and not only I) preffer to use free mods..
Nobody will cry. I make these modifications primarily for my own fun (and learning strange things). If people find that they want to use them, I'll be very glad :)
Pitriss wrote:PS: You are planning Fiat 126P. Are you sure that this is not licenced anymore? Using closed licence and break someones else licence looks weird.
I don't know if name Fiat 126P is under license or not. I guess it is and you've right: I shouldn't use this name for the car in this modpack. My car will loosely refer to this model, so I have a question to you: what name should I use? It will be a rally car.
webdesigner97 wrote: Have fun with centripetalforce :D I failed implementing it ^^
Everybody knows that something can't be done and then somebody turns up and he doesn't know it can't be done and he does it.
A. Einstein

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Ragnarok wrote:
Nobody will cry. I make these modifications primarily for my own fun (and learning strange things). If people find that they want to use them, I'll be very glad :)
Pitriss wrote:PS: You are planning Fiat 126P. Are you sure that this is not licenced anymore? Using closed licence and break someones else licence looks weird.
I don't know if name Fiat 126P is under license or not. I guess it is and you've right: I shouldn't use this name for the car in this modpack. My car will loosely refer to this model, so I have a question to you: what name should I use? It will be a rally car.
webdesigner97 wrote: Have fun with centripetalforce :D I failed implementing it ^^
Everybody knows that something can't be done and then somebody turns up and he doesn't know it can't be done and he does it.
A. Einstein
Good luck and have fun. :)

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

hoodedice wrote:I think that turning should be tied to speed - The car turns only when iit is moving and lower speeds equals more turning angle
My own fork of the car mod / boats mod does one of these things, but turn rate increases with speed, at low speeds. It's a good idea to reduce it again at highest speeds, simulating momentum, i might try this.
viewtopic.php?id=7967

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

philipbenr Thanks :)

@paramat I thought about this, but I have more complicated idea to realize that.

I updated the mod. Now is a real modpack ;)

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

Ok, I just implemment centrifugal force and car skidding :) I have to find the coefficients, but it is not bad...

by 1704626 » Post

HOW DO U USE THIS MOD
Just Call Me Numbers

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

I look forward to trying this but can't open or extract a 7-zip file.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

paramat wrote:I look forward to trying this but can't open or extract a 7-zip file.
This is a .zip file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65428713/cars.zip

If you prefer another format, I'll try to upload that.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

1704626 wrote:HOW DO U USE THIS MOD
Just like most other mods. You download it, unzip/extract it in your mods folder, no renaming required.

Then enable it in your minetest menu. You can check 'creative'.

The cars will be on page 1 of your creative inventory. Place them with a right-click. Get in by rightclicking again. (The first time I placed the cars they were yellowish from color, the next times they were red).

Drive with your normal movement keys. To steer use a combination of forward/backward + left/right. When you encounter (drive in) a height difference (for example in water), the car wont drive anymore.

I just tried this mod out. It's an enjoyable mod.

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

paramat wrote:I look forward to trying this but can't open or extract a 7-zip file.
What unzipping program do you use? I use 7-Zip. I know it can open .zip, .7z, .rar, and I think it can open tar.gz .
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate