[0.4.14] LinuxGaming2 - Shutdown

shadowpawn84

by shadowpawn84 » Post

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Here's the screenshot of klappspaten's work from shadowpawn84's link above.

Good work klappspaten! ;)

Last edited by LazyJ on Thu Mar 16, 2017 04:41, edited 2 times in total.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Maintenance Announcement

After the backup the server will be down to run clearobjects. It takes about 3hrs to complete.

UPDATE - Maintenance complete
Last edited by LazyJ on Fri Apr 04, 2014 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Bump!
  • Overview maps updated, 2014_04_07.
  • MinetestMapper info updated.
  • 'Featured Builds' link list updated.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Server Announcement

LinuxGaming's website, webchat, wiki, and forums are currently down but our Minetest server is still up and running.

The main server was updated and now we are waiting for Orby to restart the apache server that handles the web stuff.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Bump!
  • Overview maps updated, 2014_04_14

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Server Announcement

TheLinuxGaming.us website, webchat, forums and wiki are up again. \o/

Thanks, Orby.
Last edited by LazyJ on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

The_Beast

by The_Beast » Post

Hey Can i get a Admin to The Server Or LazyJ Please and Thank You.

briannakeller12

by briannakeller12 » Post

Beast, I'm done with you. That's all I want to say. >=(

The_Beast

by The_Beast » Post

The_Beast

by The_Beast » Post

Lava Glicth Maybe Be a Bug i Dont Know
http://i59.tinypic.com/2hoy3yd.png

LazyJ

Re:

by LazyJ » Post

The_Beast wrote:Lava Glicth Maybe Be a Bug i Dont Know
http://i59.tinypic.com/2hoy3yd.png
No worries, Beast. Lava and water have been doing that for a while. Place something next to them and then they start flowing.

LazyJ

Re: [0.4.9] LinuxGaming.us:30000 - Player Skins, Crafting Gu

by LazyJ » Post

Server Maintenance

Time to run clearobjects again.

UPDATE: Clearobjects is done.

The_Beast

by The_Beast » Post

Lazy I think That Mesecons and Technic Should Be added To the Server It Would Be Very Cool to make some auto farms or tree farms or Auto machines or auto Quarry Or Auto any thing it would Give people a little Room to make things automatied. Thanks For Reading The_Beast Out

sawik
GitHub: Sawiq
In-game: Sawik

by sawik » Post

Thanks Guys for great job while maintaining the server!

First of all, please change my skin, my nick is Sawik

Second thing. I have already reported it to LazyJ in game but error still is there - I cannot craft basic things - like planks from wood, or sticks from planks. I'm pretty sure, that isn't lag, because I can dig or interact with chests quite fast.
Formerly I've used minetest client v. 4.9 provided with debian repository, but now I've compiled newest version from git repo and still got the same error. Anybody have any Idea what happened?

Third thing - for teleportation I recommend travelnet mod - It gives possibility for making players private networks as well as Public Grid of stations. Also mod like carts would be nice. As far as I know, carts are still a little bit "laggy" but much less "buggy" now.

And thanks for nice gifts left in my cabin ;)

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Howdy, Sawik ;)

Skin Uploaded
Your skin has been uploaded and will take effect after the next restart (after the nightly backup runs).

Crafting Wood and Sticks Problem
I don't know what could be causing a problem with crafting trees into wood planks into sticks. It wouldn't be the first time Minetest has had an odd bug after an update. I've asked other players and tried it myself and we've been able to craft these. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch.

Mod Suggestions
"Carts" and other automated mods have been discussed several times among the admins and moderators. The concern keeps coming back to how much lag these type of mods can create. Minetest is getting progressively better. Hopefully someday the code will be sophisticated enough to better handle these automated mods and provide a way to prevent them from being used to overload the server.

TravelNet and Multi-Spawn have been on my ToDo list. Our Minetest world may be finally getting big enough where these mods are practical.

Cabin
Make sure you keep your stuff in locked chests. Unlocked chests are better for decoration or as "community" chests.

The "Living Room Furniture" armchair (and any of the mods' sofas) will restore heart points 100% and has unlimited uses. Always carry it with you. ;)

Rigar

by Rigar » Post

Hi, I might be coming along to the server at some point soon. I've only been playing MT for a few months and just tired of building in an unpopulated world. I'm GMT so not sure I'll catch anyone on and my play times are random but ya never know. I am running the latest version and at the moment not running any mods but I'll install the ShadowNinja's area protection mod beforehand. Quick question: Will I need to install any other mods in order to play on the server?

Look forward to hopping on soon!

Rigar

Twitter is @Rigarmorty

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Rigar wrote:Hi, I might be coming along to the server at some point soon. I've only been playing MT for a few months and just tired of building in an unpopulated world. I'm GMT so not sure I'll catch anyone on and my play times are random but ya never know. I am running the latest version and at the moment not running any mods but I'll install the ShadowNinja's area protection mod beforehand. Quick question: Will I need to install any other mods in order to play on the server?

Look forward to hopping on soon!

Rigar

Twitter is @Rigarmorty
Howdy, Rigar ;)

All you need is a current Minetest client and a steady Internet connection; the server handles the mods and world. ;)

Rigar

by Rigar » Post

Hi LazyJ!

Cool! Thanks for your help! Hope to catch ya on there :)

Rigar

by Rigar » Post

Popped on briefly before dinner. Very cool town! Just had a short wander around and found the road leading to more build space which I'll figure out later.

The_Beast

by The_Beast » Post

I Made A Cool Building For My Cool Friends Prim and Joe They Are Some Nice Players. They Helped me A lot When i have Arrived Back From a Long Time Not Being On The Server Me Prim and Joe Have Went Through Some Agreements But we Resolve Them With A Little Help.
Joe Built (Beast)me a Cool Mine
Prim Helped me With A Lot of Things
Me(Beast) Make Joe and Prim a Cool OutCove/Island Mini Castle/Base
The Picture Is: http://i57.tinypic.com/2wedw87.png

shadowpawn84

by shadowpawn84 » Post

Hey LazyJ or Miner_48er, we had something strange happen today. Prim was cutting a stone tile in the circular saw and it glitched and shut the server down. Any ideas on what could have caused this?

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

shadowpawn84 wrote:Hey LazyJ or Miner_48er, we had something strange happen today. Prim was cutting a stone tile in the circular saw and it glitched and shut the server down. Any ideas on what could have caused this?

Thanks, shawdowpawn ;)

The server has crashed a couple times before because of this particular bug in "MoreBlocks". There are a few partial blocks that the version of "MoreBlocks" we are currently running allows to be placed in the "input" box. That causes the crash. More recent updates to "MoreBlocks" has fixed this bug but added a couple more bugs, one of which will immediately crash Minetest before a world is loaded.

I've posted my test results on "MoreBlock's" thread and GitHub. I've put a couple "bandaids" in "MoreBlocks" to fix these issues for now. Before I upload the "bandaid" version to our server I have to remove all "flammable" properties and run a couple paranoia-check tests.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Bump!

Updates:
  • Overview maps updated 2014_05_05
  • I've added a bit of code that allows some of the default blocks to be rotated either by the screwdriver or by what postion the player is in when placing the blocks. Some of the patterns will be more noticable when turned than others. Less noticable textures (cobble, mossycobble) can be rotated to create subtle patterns in builds.
    ------ wood planks (already handled by "MoreBlocks")
    ------ junglewood planks
    ------ stone brick
    ------ desertstone brick
    ------ sandstone brick
    ------ regular brick
    ------ cobble
    ------ mossycobble

Vazon
IRC: Vazon
In-game: Vazon

by Vazon » Post

Hey guys, so I talked to Miner_48er about this and he suggested that I post this idea here to make sure it gets seen.

So I rejoined the server and typed /spawn and it still kills you then respawns you, well on my server I have a /spawn command (part of the Server_Extended mod) and it just teleports you to spawn with out killing you thus I think its somewhat better than the current plus if I remember correctly you can copy the spawn code and you can set multiply spawns at different areas. This is just a idea but I believe it would run much smoother than the having to push the respawn button every time.

Please let me know if you think this could be added.