Where to install texture packs on Mac OS X?

Arwym

Where to install texture packs on Mac OS X?

by Arwym » Post

Does anybody know the right path to install texture packs with the Mac OS X version of Minetest? I got the Adventure Set, but I don't know exactly where it goes. The instructions in the readme are directed at Windows and GNU/Linux users.

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

its essentially the same :) just follow it as the minetest directory! soo ..if a texture goes in default mod section you go to YOURDIRECTORY-Minetest-data-mods-default-textures-THE TEXTURE hope that helps
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

Arwym

by Arwym » Post

That would mean that I have to get inside the Minetest .app package and look inside it, which I find odd. :o That is, Applications/Minetest c55.app/Contents/Resources/data.

There is another place, in /Users/Jessica/Library/Application Support/minetest, but there is no data folder in there. There, however, is the minetest.conf file and the cache and world folders. Also, I don't see the default textures anywhere. :(

So, which would would it be? >.>

Edit: never mind. It seems that the default textures are inside the /mods folder in the .app package. So I will just specify a different path for the program to load textures, outside the .app, because I don't think I should modify the contents of the app. That's counterproductive, since I'd then have to reinstall all mods every time I update Minetest.
Last edited by Arwym on Sun Mar 11, 2012 18:01, edited 1 time in total.

Arwym

by Arwym » Post

Actually, I really need help. Just pasting the texture files doesn't work, because they aren't prefixed with "default_". I need specific instructions. :( And not just for textures, but also for mods and everything else on the Mac. All instructions in the wiki make reference to Windows and Linux, and nothing is said about Mac OS. >.<

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

If the textures aren't prefixed with "default_", that means that it is a texture pack made for the 0.3 version of minetest. Try downloading a texture pack that is made for 0.4, most popular ones have a 0.4 version.
Last edited by Menche on Mon Mar 12, 2012 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

Arwym

by Arwym » Post

Thanks for replying! Problem solved. :)