[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

gsmanners

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.7] [technic]

by gsmanners » Post

Here's a quick howto:

1) Make a generator and a grinder (because grinding is really the killer feature).
2) Make a Switching Station <-- this is super important.
3) Make cables.
4) Connect the cables from the generator to the Switching Station from the bottoms of the devices.
5) Connect your other devices from the cable coming out of the Switching Station (they can connect to the sides).

If you want automation via pipeworks, you'll need MV, but if you don't need it you can get by with this sort of setup (and it's reasonably cheap):

4 Geothermal Generators (1200 EU)
1 Switching Station
2 Grinders
2 Electric Furnaces
1 Alloy Furnace
1 Battbox
1 Extractor
1 Compressor (this one is fairly optional)

The above will require a bunch of copper and steel, not to mention 6 diamonds (4 for the generators and 2 for the grinders).

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

Looking through the modpack, I noticed a stargate mod. Does it still work, and if so, how do you generate/craft one?
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

ShadowNinja
Developer
GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Post

HeroOfTheWinds wrote:Looking through the modpack, I noticed a stargate mod. Does it still work, and if so, how do you generate/craft one?
You're using a old version of Technic, StarGate is now packaged separately. However, the StarGate mod in old versions of Technic should work (although I wouldn't recommend it on a multi-player server as it creates thousands of little files in the main world directory currently).

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Inocudom wrote:Please, forgive me for my previous displays of ignorance. After doing some tests, I did indeed find veins of gold and diamonds. However, my observations lead me to the conclusion that, for the average player, finding them is a matter of luck. If only some mod (like technic) had a device that could detect the presence of ores.
I made this post in the topic for Nore's mapgen. However, I wish to ask you to consider such a device.

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

Something like an OV Scanner? That would be pretty cool.

http://ftbwiki.org/OV_Scanner

alexparys

error in latest git of technic

by alexparys » Post

ok I have a error in the latest git version of technic I do have the latest minetest git version, as well as the latest git version of the Dependencies hear the error http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6T3nytfR

edit: going to add this issues to github just made a account there.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: error in latest git of technic

by Krock » Post

alexparys wrote:ok I have a error in the latest git version of technic I do have the latest minetest git version, as well as the latest git version of the Dependencies hear the error http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6T3nytfR

'unified_inventory' is a mod, seems like technic depends on it.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

alexparys

Re: error in latest git of technic

by alexparys » Post

Krock wrote:
alexparys wrote:ok I have a error in the latest git version of technic I do have the latest minetest git version, as well as the latest git version of the Dependencies hear the error http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6T3nytfR

'unified_inventory' is a mod, seems like technic depends on it.
Yea I kind of guess that just that unified inventory is listed as a optional depends but ohwell l guess I going with unified_inventory for now.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

The supply converter does not seem to be working right. Even when the wires are hooked up properly, no power is received.

UOAbigail

by UOAbigail » Post

Greetings
Inocudom wrote:The supply converter does not seem to be working right. Even when the wires are hooked up properly, no power is received.
From my experience with this mod, you need to have a switching station on both circuits in order for it to work.

Peace
UOAbigail

orangebiscuit

by orangebiscuit » Post

How do you use the quarry?

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

Quarry is an HV thing, so you'll need some kind of HV generator (the solar array is probably best, although that'll take a while to build if you're in survival mode). You'll then need to run some pipes (from pipeworks) to it for storage. The quarry uses 10000 EU, so you'll need either 9 regular generators, 2 HV solar arrays or 1 nuclear power plant.

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

Let me know if this is helpful. I'd like to do a whole series of these guides:

-- Cheap, low power energy --

LV Generator + Switching Station + Battery Box

The above is a good start on using your energy to its fullest potential. It requires a sizeable investment, but the return is savings in time and energy in the long run.

Total Price: 25 Wood, 7 Stone, 4 Tin Ingots, 7 Iron Lumps, 15 Steel Ingots, 27 Copper Ingots

Once crafted, you should have 4 LV Cables left which should be plenty to connect up a small network of LV devices.

LV Generator Power Times (same as a furnace burn time):

1 Leaves = 1s x 200 EU/s (200 EU)
1 Grass = 2s x 200 EU/s (400 EU)
1 Wood = 7s x 200 EU/s (1400 EU)
1 Sapling = 10s x 200 EU/s (2000 EU)
1 Tree = 30s x 200 EU/s (6000 EU)
1 Coal = 40s x 200 EU/s (8000 EU)
1 Lava = 60s x 200 EU/s (12000 EU)
1 Coal Block = 370s x 200 EU/s (74000 EU)

Note that a LV Battery Box only holds 40000 EU, so you'll need more than just the above configuration if you use coal blocks. Note also that Coal Blocks are the best way to use the Generator (8222.2 EU/coal).

You could also use my Charcoal (gs_tools) to turn each tree into charcoal, which gives the same characteristics as coal (and improves the burn time by 37% if you use charcoal blocks).

If you don't mind using lava, then that is the most efficient source (though it can be difficult to handle with the current tech, so is not really recommended).

Furnace:

The Electric Furnace (5 cobble, 2 steel, 1 copper) uses 300 EU/s. Without a battery box, you'll need this configuration to avoid wasting energy:

3 LV Generators + Switching Station + 2 Furnaces (600 EU in and out)

Total Price: 10 Cobblestone, 21 Stone, 7 Iron Lumps, 16 Steel Ingots, 22 Copper Ingots

While slightly cheaper than the previous configuration, this does limit you to running just this configuration, whereas the previous one lets you add whatever devices you want to the network without having to worry too much about wasting energy.

Note that all cookable items in the LV Electric Furnace have a cook time of 2 seconds per item (the coal furnace has a standard cook time of 3 seconds).

That works out to 600 EU/item, which gives you roughly the same number of cooked items per fuel, but in 50% less time.

(8000 EU / 600 EU = 13.33 items/per lump of coal, in 26.67s instead of 40s.)

In theory, you could load each furnace with 20 items for each coal you load into the generators, although in practice you'll waste about 3 or 4 items in each furnace per session simply from the time involved in loading each generator. This waste of power is why a battery box is a good idea.

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

Sorry to keep bumping, but I assume you guys are stunned in awed silence at the work I'm doing. ;)

Here's an image of my recommend LV 6-diamond setup.

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

technic.kosyak.info is not working. The icons for the recipes don't show up, but the output does. (a bunch of blank crafting grids, and the items next to them.) And unified inventory is not showing the recipes, and I cant figure out how to make motors! D:

I just noticed, like half of the stuff in technic isn't showing up in the unified inventory thing.
Fine copper wire, Copper coils, motors, etc. are not listed.

ShadowNinja
Developer

by ShadowNinja » Post

Johnyknowhow wrote: I just noticed, like half of the stuff in technic isn't showing up in the unified inventory thing.
Fine copper wire, Copper coils, motors, etc. are not listed.
Works fine for me: (search for copper_[wc][io] )

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

I'ts not working on the EthicRush server, that probably a problem with the server and not technic. Fail to post here.

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

Code: Select all

15:45:27: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "technic_akalin_dust.png" while building texture
15:45:27: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "technic_akalin_dust.png"
15:45:27: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "technic_alatro_dust.png" while building texture
15:45:27: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "technic_alatro_dust.png"
15:45:27: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "technic_arol_dust.png" while building texture
15:45:27: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "technic_arol_dust.png"
15:45:33: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "blank.png" while building texture
15:45:34: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "blank.png"
15:45:36: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "technic_talinite_dust.png" while building texture
15:45:36: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "technic_talinite_dust.png"
15:45:36: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "technic_template_replacer.png" while building texture
15:45:36: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "technic_template_replacer.png"
15:45:36: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "technic_template_tool.png" while building texture
15:45:36: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "technic_template_tool.png"
Seems there aren't textures for these items. Using latest git of technic for this.

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

Is there a way to remove certain parts of the mod? I want to (temporarily) remove lasers and drills (the lag causers). I would like to make a small (10-15 player max) server, and those would murder my machine.

ShadowNinja
Developer

by ShadowNinja » Post

Tedypig wrote:Is there a way to remove certain parts of the mod? I want to (temporarily) remove lasers and drills.
Yes, create a file called technic.conf in the world directory and fill it with this:

Code: Select all

enable_mining_drill = false
enable_mining_laser = false
See config.lua for more options.

golthem
In-game: Golthem

by golthem » Post

Could someone post their pictures of a nuclear power plant? I'm having difficulties with mine.

ShadowNinja
Developer

by ShadowNinja » Post

golthem wrote:Could someone post their pictures of a nuclear power plant? I'm having difficulties with mine.
Here you go:
Screenshot of a nuclear reactor
Screenshot of a nuclear reactor
screenshot_2177799031.png (500.17 KiB) Viewed 956 times

orangebiscuit

by orangebiscuit » Post

Help please!
Whenever I place down a quarry block (which is sufficiently powered and has pipe coming in to it), I receive this error:

ERROR: ...in..modstechnic-mastertechnic/machines/HV/quarry.lua:158: attempt to call field 'scan for tube objects' (a nil value)

golthem
In-game: Golthem

by golthem » Post

orangebiscuit wrote:Help please!
Whenever I place down a quarry block (which is sufficiently powered and has pipe coming in to it), I receive this error:

ERROR: ...in..modstechnic-mastertechnic/machines/HV/quarry.lua:158: attempt to call field 'scan for tube objects' (a nil value)
Did you use a pipe or tube?

orangebiscuit

by orangebiscuit » Post

Pipeworks pneumatic tube segment