[Mod] Fire Braziers [1.2] [brazier]

Excalibur Zero
GitHub: ExcaliburZero

[Mod] Fire Braziers [1.2] [brazier]

by Excalibur Zero » Post

Description:
This mod adds fire braziers to Minetest which are nodes that when are near flames or are punched, cause flames to erupt one node above them that don't fade right away. Brazier flames act exactly like regular fire except they don;t fae right away, so they do still damage players and cause flamable objects to catch fire. They are useful for adding more interesting lighting and for setting things on fire. To put out the flames above the brazier simply punch the flames to put them out. When the brazier is removed, the fire above it disappears.

As of version 1.1, there are new textures and nodebox for the brazier. The textures folder now contains a big (default) and small (optional) version of each of the two new textures used. You can switch between the two by renmaing the one without a "-s" ending to something else, and removing the "-s" ending from the files that have that ending.

As of version 1.2, there are now safe braziers, which are exactly like normal braziers except that their fire doesn't spread or hurt players.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

License:
  • Code: CC0 (Original Fire code belongs to celeron55 (GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1))
  • Textures: CC0 (Credit for the marble texture of the brazier textures goes to http://seamless-pixels.blogspot.de/)
  • Nodebox by SB66 from Minetest Forums
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dependencies:
  • Fire

Download: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Git Hub Repository: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crafting:

Brazier:

Code: Select all

--------    torch   ---------
cobble cobble cobble
cobble cobble cobble
Safe Brazier:

Code: Select all

--------    torch   cobble
cobble cobble cobble
cobble cobble cobble

Screenshots:

Old Style:

New Style:
Last edited by Excalibur Zero on Wed May 21, 2014 21:15, edited 4 times in total.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: [Mod] Fire Braziers [1.0] [brazier]

by Hybrid Dog » Post

I made a mod which does something like this a long time ago but I dropped it, it didn't work as good as your mod does now.
I suppose you can push away the brazier with a mesecons piston and the brazier fire stays at its position. You could add an abm that this fire changes to default fire if there's no brazier under it.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

The search is unusable at the moment. So I had to find this by hand:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4265

SB66

by SB66 » Post

personalized
Excalibur Zero wrote:Description:
This mod adds fire braziers to Minetest which are nodes that when are near flames or are punched, cause flames to erupt one node above them that don't fade right away. Brazier flames act exactly like regular fire except they don;t fae right away, so they do still damage players and cause flamable objects to catch fire. They are useful for adding more interesting lighting and for setting things on fire. To put out the flames above the brazier simply punch the flames to put them out. When the brazier is removed, the fire above it disappears.

If anyone can make a better node box or texture for it please let me know, as the current one is not very good.
>>snip<<

Nice one , many thanks :)

Personalised Node Box (first try)

Excalibur Zero

by Excalibur Zero » Post

SB66 wrote:personalized
Excalibur Zero wrote:Description:

If anyone can make a better node box or texture for it please let me know, as the current one is not very good.
>>snip<<

Nice one , many thanks :)

Personalised Node Box (first try)
>>snip<<
Could you give me the nodebox and texture for that? I'd love to merge that into the mainstream.

RHR
GitHub: RHRhino

by RHR » Post

wow nice building SB66

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Ahh, It was long day, let's kindle a fire in the fireplace.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

How about creating new kind of fire that doesn't spread out?
Attachments
2.png
2.png (915.26 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
1.png
1.png (662.35 KiB) Viewed 1412 times

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:Ahh, It was long day, let's kindle a fire in the fireplace.

This wouldn't be difficult.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Excalibur Zero

by Excalibur Zero » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:Ahh, It was long day, let's kindle a fire in the fireplace.
>>>snip<<<

>>>snip<<<

There is another mod that has such fake fire, but if you want I could add such a type of fire brazier to this mod.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Yes please. It would go great with this mod.

Excalibur Zero

by Excalibur Zero » Post

I have added the new nodebox and new textures. For next update I will add fake fire as requested.

I have update the mod to Version 1.2. The update adds Safe Braziers which uses fire that doesn't spread or damage players.

cactuz_pl

Re: [Mod] Fire Braziers [1.2] [brazier]

by cactuz_pl » Post

I have small suggestion, do not feel compelled to:

Green fire, It would be great for dungeons. Green fire could give green light. (Blue, red, violet would be great too.)

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:I have small suggestion, do not feel compelled to:

Green fire, It would be great for dungeons. Green fire could give green light. (Blue, red, violet would be great too.)
Currently, light can't be different colors. There was a discussion about that a while ago, but it's long dead.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Evergreen wrote:Currently, light can't be different colors. There was a discussion about that a while ago, but it's long dead.
I didn't know that. Excalibur Zero, you can still make green fire by changing textures, and as I said before this is only suggestion.

Suggestion #2:
Blue burner flame, high on 2 blocks.