Redcrab's server

lor599

by lor599 » Post

Hello, everyone I was thinking of making a new ski resort, but I need a fairly mountainous area on the map, any suggestions?

lor599

by lor599 » Post

So I made a Trail map of my ski resort! Enjoy
Key
Oh I made that logo :-)

Linxx

by Linxx » Post

i need to get back to this server lol

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

You should build this on other servers too.

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

latest mapping :)
http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/152665

cheers,
Rob

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

miner65536 wrote:latest mapping :)

cheers,
Rob
I'm maybe abit late but... were there really some really stupid guys which "explored" the end of the world?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

cheers,
Rob

Great!

P.s. I see there's still enough papyrus and clay left.

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

I had a crazy idea where if I were to make a server with the title on the server list being redcrab's server and have that be linked to redcrab.suret.net so more people would know about the server. But then I thought that others might not want all of the attention on the server.
Last edited by stormchaser3000 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

stormchaser3000 wrote:I had a crazy idea where if I were to make a server with the title on the server list being redcrab's server and have that be linked to redcrab.suret.net so more people would know about the server. But then I thought that others might not want all of the attention on the server.
That's not possible...

stormchaser3000

CraigyDavi wrote:
stormchaser3000 wrote:I had a crazy idea where if I were to make a server with the title on the server list being redcrab's server and have that be linked to redcrab.suret.net so more people would know about the server. But then I thought that others might not want all of the attention on the server.
That's not possible...
i think it is posible but the only way to find out is to try
Last edited by stormchaser3000 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

You can set a server address in the configuration. iirc

Create a server on your computer, and get the settings to lie to the listings, and say it is redcrab.suret.net the server will appear in the listings, but the mods and number of players online statistics will not be correct.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

stormchaser3000

rubenwardy wrote:You can set a server address in the configuration. iirc

Create a server on your computer, and get the settings to lie to the listings, and say it is redcrab.suret.net the server will appear in the listings, but the mods and number of players online statistics will not be correct.

yeah that is what i thought but i didn't know if the players on redcrab would apriciate more players

Linxx

by Linxx » Post

stormchaser3000 wrote:
rubenwardy wrote:You can set a server address in the configuration. iirc

yeah that is what i thought but i didn't know if the players on redcrab would apriciate more players
i haven't been on for a while but i got in some nights ago and there were only on other person so i don't think many people will mind more players ._.

Erthome
In-game: Erthome Azyaqux

by Erthome » Post

I have to think that more players is not a problem so long as they are well behaved...Though at some point I have to assume that lag would start entering in. I know that during the many occasions I am the only one on the machine it doesn't behave much different than the rare occasions when there are 6 or 8 folks, and a couple times when there were nearly 20 it was only slightly noticeable...Beyond that who knows.

Now, as far as misrepresenting host addresses, if you were doing that at the TCP-IP level it would be illegal, so I personally would not mimic the same behavior at the server list level without asking, and if you can ask then should be able to ask to do a legit listing. Just my two cents, and I don't know the details or the personalities involved.
Last edited by Erthome on Fri Apr 11, 2014 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

Erthome

Redcrab.suret.net is failing DNS lookups for me this evening

by Erthome » Post

I used the server earlier today, but at this time I am getting host not found errors.

Erthome

Re: Redcrab's server

by Erthome » Post

redcrab.suret.net seems all better now :-)

miner65536

Re:

by miner65536 » Post

Krock wrote:

cheers,
Rob
I'm maybe abit late but... were there really some really stupid guys which "explored" the end of the world?
hehe, some crazy guys called luigi511 and luigi512 walked around the edge of the world recently to map the very edge of existence. The outside has surprisingly few buildings at the very edge though, now its mapped there's no excuse not to build there!

eurito100

by eurito100 » Post

Hey guys it me Reverand and im back on the server if anyone wants to play wit me ill be online and ready for any adventures

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

Updated mapping: http://gigapan.com/gigapans/154499

If anyone has anywhere they would like mapping, post some coordinates (or PM me) and I'll get luigi512 to do his thing :)

Cheers,
Rob.

redcrab

by redcrab » Post

First message for a long time,

Sorry to be not present but.my professional and personal life do not allow me to be really active to any internet leisure.
My current effort is to keep alive the server as long as people use it.
I known the server engine become old (0.4.4 <--> 0.4.9 ).and can"t take benefit of the last innovation.
I'm sorry but I do not have immediate plan to do the migration.

Most importantly, I would like to thank all of you that still use the server, thus I publish some numbers .
-The world sqlite database size is more than 24 Giga bytes. (map.sqlite)
-1037 registered users with interact privilege
- about 4000 users with no interact privilege (visitor)
- 972 protected areas

Enjoy and happy building.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I have waited for some time for you to post in these forums, redcrab. It is a shame that your life does not allow for you to be with us anymore. However, it is very good to know that you are fine and that you are still actively maintaining this server. Coffeecrafter and Erthome are regulars on it, and they do build impressive buildings.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Good to see you redcrab. I'm glad you are back. Since you were away I recruited Sokomine and Foobar long time ago, and Erthome in last months. I haven't seen Foobar for a long time, but Erthome is very active.To grant them I used your in-game account, what you probably know now from many messages I sent to you (by this forum and your forum PM's). I feel a little guilty about that, but I hope you understand.

See, I told you that he will be back!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Good to see you're still there, Redcrab! At first I couldn't believe it was really you and thought i misread your name :-) We all missed you, and there was a lot of worry that something might have happened to you.

This server is still a very fine server that works well. There are, however, a few things that do need maintenance. First, beeing able to connect to it with a current Minetest client version would be great. Current clients can no longer see the world :-(, and some time ago, flowing liquids got drawn wrong if using a newer client on an old server, so actually playing is troublesome. This is especially annoying as the server is no longer in the list of active servers, and the upcomming Android port - for which a server with limited mods and media data would be perfect - will thus not be able to use it. There are lots of great buildings which are worth beeing looked at!

The randomly placed sand and gravel blocks are also annoying. I'd love to have a way to remove them and maintain roads which are owned by players which are no longer there.

A careful update of existing mods and minetest_game might also be a very good idea - provided it is done carefully so that existing buildings do not get changed. I've already collected all the old mods as well as I could and made them available for download alongside with what I've captured of the map - that might be a basis. Until now, I didn't do anything more there because there appeared to be no chance of it ever beeing updated. And an update would be a very good idea...not so much for new features but for bugfixes. I'd love to help as much as I can! And I'm sure the same applies to cactuz and Erthome.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Welcome back, redcrab! We really missed you!

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Maybe thats not important or nothng new, but Redcrab's is working with newest client. (0.4.9 - dev)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f07z8vwyqavz0 ... 0%3A06.png