Redcrab's server

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

Re: Redcrab's server

by webdesigner97 » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:Maybe thats not important or nothng new, but Redcrab's is working with newest client. (0.4.9 - dev)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f07z8vwyqavz0 ... 0%3A06.png
Yes, I can also connect fine :)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Hm, no. Latest dev has a problem of its own (the public server list seems broken), but it doesn't fix the problem of the world not showing up. Chat works of course, but the rest of the world is just empty sky with no way to move around.

coffeecrafter

Re: mapping

by coffeecrafter » Post

miner65536 wrote:
If anyone has anywhere they would like mapping, post some coordinates (or PM me) and I'll get luigi512 to do his thing :)

Cheers,
Rob.
There's been some building effort in my city. Before you create the next map update I'd like you to remap several places there. The area the picture was taken of is roundabout from (-3800; 14700) to (-4800; 15300)

1 an upcomming industrial district; y_max = 62 (furnace)
2 some effort on west station and a tall building; y_max = 126
3 the railway bridge hasn't been saved correctly during last run; y_bridge = 18
4 the roof of central station is complete and the mall has improved; y_max =~30

Hope you can integrate those areas in the next gigapan, thanks for your great maps!

Erthome
In-game: Erthome Azyaqux

by Erthome » Post

We appear to have a server outage at the moment.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

Still appears to be down.

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

I am starting to think that it might be down for good.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Well... 30402 is fine. I hope this is redcrab updating stuff.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:Well... 30402 is fine. I hope this is redcrab updating stuff.
Yes, I do hope that is true. Let us hope that he is able to set up the needed aliases for certain mods (like moreblocks.)

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

Day two...the thot plickens ;-)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

If it will take another year until Redcrab shows up again it'll be a long downtime :-/ Hopefully he can restart the server sooner! I'd really love to see it updated to a newer version so that it's possible to connect with latest git again.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

It lives :-)
The Redcrab Server is back in business at the moment.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

That's great :-)

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

Erthome wrote:It lives :-)
The Redcrab Server is back in business at the moment.
I think the sever problem on those 2 subsequent days were caused my me exploring down a long shaft of pokeariels! When i got to the very bottom (as in -30911 bottom) of one shaft there were several borgs full of sand, torches & leaves appearing. I dug some out. I managed to dig 36 stacks of leaves out of one & it was still a solid cylinder of green-ness! before my client became too slow to respond & the server seemed to crash.
The leaves stayed in my inventory so I think the server was running, but probably 100% busy dealling with whatever bugs cause the borgs to appear at the bottom, so probably not handling client connection attempts properly.
Then a crash again when i reconnected to escape the pit of doom, but this time I managed to spam /spawn in enough times that i was actually back to spawn next connection.

So don't hang around the very bottom of any of pokeariels deep shafts for too long....

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

Hi All,
I've uploaded a new map, I think this has roughly 50% of redcrabs surface mapped, but obviously I cant know for sure! http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/157283

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

Hello! Iam happy to see that this server hasn't died yet, but it doesn't seem to have been very busy. I might get the chance to get on soon. We'll see...

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:
cactuz_pl wrote:Maybe thats not important or nothng new, but Redcrab's is working with newest client. (0.4.9 - dev)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f07z8vwyqavz0 ... 0%3A06.png
Yes, I can also connect fine :)
I can connect with an older client. (0.4.9)
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I am able to join this server too, but only after cleaning out my cache files after every single time.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

Hey 64K love the map on gigipan...Luigi's been a busy fella...what's a "borg"--I mean in Minetest context?

I've been meaning to mention, though I'm assuming it's already a well known item, but I can not help but notice that flowed water (water that stems from what I add with a bucket) is not displaying with the 0.4.7 client--is that a bug that has been fixed in the newer clients, 0.4.9 perhaps?

SuperCode

by SuperCode » Post

So I have 3 questions:
1. Are people allowed to grieve me if I do not protect my house?

2. I somewhat rarely use online servers. I am looking for 1 server I can base myself in and play every little while, so will I be kicked off the server or lose my property if I do not login for a little while?

3. Can I be killed by other players (even when I am minding my own business).

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

@SuperCode

1) They are not "allowed" but it sometimes happens. It can also happen by accident due to 'bugs' in the server whereby bits of sand and gravel get dumped in seemingly random places. People occasionally grief by accident...particularly new players. There are also fully cognizant folks who occasionally vandalize on purpose. Doing a self-protect or asking one of the moderators to assist you with larger or additional protects is always a wise thing to do. In extreme cases Moderators have some limited and server-intensive capability to perform automated rollbacks.

2) While there is a stated policy (somewhere) that says your account might be considered dormant after a period of time, we do not actively 'disable' accounts except in cases of abuse. If there is a major construction project underway abandoned properties could be reallocated. I personally behave like a Historical Society of a sort in that I sometimes adopt unprotected abandoned structures of interest to preserved them for others to enjoy.

3) This is a NO KILL / Creative server...however, you CAN be killed in-game by another player in the sense that the game does not physically prevent attacks. We enforce the stated rule that players who kill each other without consent will be warned and/or banned (at the moderators' discretions) from the game. Some players have built arenas or challenge and accept dueling matches from time to time--so long as the killing is agreed to by all parties involved it is not a ban-able offense.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

[quote="SuperCode"]
2. I somewhat rarely use online servers. I am looking for 1 server I can base myself in and play every little while, so will I be kicked off the server or lose my property if I do not login for a little while?
[/code]
Erthome has already answered, but I'd like to underline that this is - in a way - a very stable server. Even though the owner of the server (Redcrab) shows up only about once a year, the server as such runs stable - buildings are kept. There is a lot to explore. Plus there are ways to save the map locally.

The only exception might be if there are rather bad/boring buildings very close to spawn or in another popular area. In such a case, something better might be built there.

It seems that the server can be used with recent clients as well - it just requires to move the cache folder out of the way and create an empty one.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

:-) Thank you Soko...I'll see if the cache clear helps with my missing water as well !

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

Rob, you might wanna peek at the Luigis...Server is logging in slowly but hanging...I used three generally working clients here.

Ah wait...just a couple minutes later all seems in order.

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

Erthome wrote:Rob, you might wanna peek at the Luigis...Server is logging in slowly but hanging...I used three generally working clients here.

Ah wait...just a couple minutes later all seems in order.
They've been well behaved recently ;) The server's doing the same thing now by the looks of things :( I'm getting almost connecting, then disconnecting, some Lua is probably very busy somewhere in the world!.....

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

I had the same prob for a few minutes today...just after the West Region Map Generation started.