Looking for a server (many mods are welcome)

Venus Morbidae

Looking for a server (many mods are welcome)

by Venus Morbidae » Post

Hey!

I´m looking for a server to play on. A friend of mine and I want to do a "Let´s test - Let´s play" Youtube-thingy and are looking for a server fitting our interests.
I already tried Vanessas survival server, but it has no sound and can´t change the window to full size.
So, what kind of server are we looking for or what features should a server have:
-many mods would be nice, so we can show the varity of functions minetest has
-nice would be a starting zone that already has some builts, so ppl get a first taste of what is ahaed of them
-and of course sound and the ability to get fullscreen mode (windowed or not, does´nt matter)
-language should be english or german, either of them is fine

Who are we:
We are grown ups and always behave well. We are used to play Minecraft instead, but are looking for a more stable minecraft-like game. My friend has done some "Let´s plays" for a few other games and is always looking for new things to work on with his videos.

So far, so good...
If you have any questions or know a server which might fit those conditions, let me know.
Your help is highly appreciated.

shadowzone
GitHub: TheShadowZone12
IRC: shadowzone
In-game: shadowzone

Re: Looking for a server (many mods are welcome)

by shadowzone » Post

Few suggestions

VanessaE's free for all : digitalaudioconcepts.com:30006

VanessaE's creative server digitalaudioconcepts.com:30000

onez minetest server mtzeno.com:30000

ShadowNinja's creative server shadowninja.minetest.net
Hey!

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Venus Morbidae wrote:... but it has no sound and can´t change the window to full size....
I am not sure if this would be a server problem. Window size should be handled by your local client, so see if you can change window size in singleplayer to check if your localy installed client is the cause.

As for sound, you could install this locally [Mod] Immersive Sounds [.36] [ambience]. It adds some more atmosphere. You can of course also search for servers that use this mod or parts of it, as for example the [0.4.9] LinuxGaming.us:30000 server, the Xanadu Server, the Minerealms Server [0.4.9 dev] (Hosted by OldCoder) and the experimental Adventuretest (if it happens to be online).

There are many verrrrrry different servers out there and some are quite unique.
VanessaE's survival and creative servers run a version of the Dreambuilder game which includes more mods than most, while her servers running the Nostalgia and Realtest game offer a gameplay that is considerably different from any other server.
The King Arthur's Land server has a generall theme and shows some textures unique to the server. It also has some really good builds of the medieval and steampunk type.
The Roads and the FourCircles server show some wierd but rather strickt mapgeneration.
The largest map though and the greatest number of buildings, some of which are several years old, would probably be RedCrab's main server maybe with LandRush coming in second.
.......but......
all of the almost 50 odd public servers out there have a character of their own and are worth a visit. Maybe you should showcase the difference in Gameplay and appearance that some of these servers offer ;-P
Keep in mind though that some of the possabilties offered by some mods cannot be seen on any server at the moment.

Venus Morbidae

by Venus Morbidae » Post

Thanks to both of you!

I´d love to play on Vanessae´s server, but the window size doesn´t seem to be changable. I asked InGame in chat and was answered that it is like that for all players and can´t be changed at all. Though I still will try, ´cuz I love the huge amount of mods involved on that server.

Venus Morbidae

by Venus Morbidae » Post

Ok, I managed to get the fullscreen thingy to run. But the sound won´t work for me for some reason. Dunno if I maybe need to change something in the config?
Any advise on this?

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

If you are using a Windows build, maybe this is relateted to your sound problems?

If so simply use a Blockmen build of Minetest and see if that works.

Venus Morbidae

by Venus Morbidae » Post

Thank you very much twoelk!

I didn´tnotice, but it seems that i accidently downloaded the x32 built instead of the x64 built.
With the x64 built the sounds work, fullscreen still works, too, and the text in the launcher fitts its boxes again! *yay*

PlasmaHam
In-game: PlasmaHam

by PlasmaHam » Post

Prehaps you should check out some of the landclaim servers. These servers typically don't have many mods, but are filled with good builds that are protected. They are usually active and because of their nature, very few noobs join them. Landclaim servers are arguably the best if you wish to do a lot of building in your videos as most of the mods in them building mods and your builds are protected.

Here are 4 Landclaim servers that currently run on Minetest:
EthicRush (currently down for maintenance)
German LandRush Server
Liberty Land
Oldcoder LandRush

Landclaim servers are also good as the admin and moderators are usually active and there are building standards in most of them. Technic and mesecons are highly used mods in them, as well as pipeworks, moretrees, and numerous more. Animals and Nether mods however are not installed on most on them.
Live long and Prosper