[macOS] Neoascetic's nightly builds and others

Morn76

Re: Morn76's Minetest OS X Mavericks builds

by Morn76 » Post

Mgdie wrote: but another problem appeared now where the mouse pointer appears it won't click there but lower, seems to be on windowed mode
That is already covered in the first post: Don't resize the MT window! Define your default window size in minetest.conf instead (or set it to fullscreen there). This is an Irrlicht bug on OS X apparently.
OmniStudent wrote:Thanks again for all your work Morn76, you're the best!
Thanks, OmniStudent! :-)

Mgdie

by Mgdie » Post

:(
Is there a way to exit full screen? and go to other app.
While playing mine test i want to answer Facebook messages but i haven't found a way to hide mine test, so i have to quit every time, if i want to see the desktop again

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

It ought to work if you press ESC. Then you can access the controls of the window containing Minetest; mouse movements will no longer be interpreted as looking around in the game.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Mgdie

by Mgdie » Post

Sokomine wrote:It ought to work if you press ESC. Then you can access the controls of the window containing Minetest; mouse movements will no longer be interpreted as looking around in the game.
still can't hide it

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

Mgdie mean that there is no option to hide the window like in windows or in some linux distros there will be a button in the window that looks like a - that hides the window into the task bar. i have tried this on my grandma's computer and yep no - thing option.

Mgdie

by Mgdie » Post

stormchaser3000 wrote:Mgdie mean that there is no option to hide the window like in windows or in some linux distros there will be a button in the window that looks like a - that hides the window into the task bar. i have tried this on my grandma's computer and yep no - thing option.
no what i mean is to be able to go to the desktop in fullscreen there aren't any window decoration i am talking about a key combination

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

Mgdie wrote:
stormchaser3000 wrote:Mgdie mean that there is no option to hide the window like in windows or in some linux distros there will be a button in the window that looks like a - that hides the window into the task bar. i have tried this on my grandma's computer and yep no - thing option.
no what i mean is to be able to go to the desktop in fullscreen there aren't any window decoration i am talking about a key combination

OH ok yeah um put these options in your minetest.conf file:

screenW = (width of screen)
screenH = (height of screen)
fullscreen = true

Mgdie

by Mgdie » Post

stormchaser3000 wrote:
Mgdie wrote:

OH ok yeah um put these options in your minetest.conf file:

screenW = (width of screen)
screenH = (height of screen)
fullscreen = true
b=not really

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

In principle it should be easy to add a menu with Apple+H for hiding the window: Get MainMenu.xib from Toabi's old tree, compile it to a .nib and copy it into minetest.app/Contents/Resources/.

But unfortunately in practice this does not seem to work. The .nib file is there but still no menu. Very strange.

Mgdie

by Mgdie » Post

Morn76 wrote:In principle it should be easy to add a menu with Apple+H for hiding the window: Get MainMenu.xib from Toabi's old tree, compile it to a .nib and copy it into minetest.app/Contents/Resources/.

But unfortunately in practice this does not seem to work. The .nib file is there but still no menu. Very strange.

so once you are in the game only way out is to close it. You can't minimized hided move it

Mgdie

by Mgdie » Post

ooo men it is so nice to play with efficient code, the macbook fans never turn on. In mine craft, it get real hot and sounds like it is about to take off

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Apparently for the menu to work, MT would need to wrapped inside an NSApplication object which would load the NIB file. Xcode does this automatically via a template, but we use make to build, therefore the NIB file does not get loaded when the application starts. So getting the Mac menu to work is apparently far more complicated than I thought. :-(

Anyway, the OS X build has been updated to 20140707.e69d660. This brings some minor bug fixes for 0.4.10 but nothing too serious I hope.

Mgdie

by Mgdie » Post

Morn76 wrote:Apparently for the menu to work, MT would need to wrapped inside an NSApplication object which would load the NIB file. Xcode does this automatically via a template, but we use make to build, therefore the NIB file does not get loaded when the application starts. So getting the Mac menu to work is apparently far more complicated than I thought. :-(

Anyway, the OS X build has been updated to 20140707.e69d660. This brings some minor bug fixes for 0.4.10 but nothing too serious I hope.
i am not sure but i think there was a mac os x build which i could hide.. must somewhere in this forum

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Toabi's old build probably. Unfortunately my build does not work right now with Xcode/xcodebuild because some assertion related to semaphores fails. So maybe I can figure out how to fix that assertion problem and then use xcodebuild again instead of make. Or maybe I can wrap everything in an NSApplication object and continue to use make. We'll see.

BTW, have you tried to pause MT with Escape and ⌘-Tab from fullscreen mode to another application? I think ⌘-Tab should work even if an application does not use NSApplication.

Mgdie

by Mgdie » Post

Morn76 wrote:Toabi's old build probably. Unfortunately my build does not work right now with Xcode/xcodebuild because some assertion related to semaphores fails. So maybe I can figure out how to fix that assertion problem and then use xcodebuild again instead of make. Or maybe I can wrap everything in an NSApplication object and continue to use make. We'll see.

BTW, have you tried to pause MT with Escape and ⌘-Tab from fullscreen mode to another application? I think ⌘-Tab should work even if an application does not use NSApplication.
nope

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Updated to 20140713.24a631e

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Updated to 20140719.33ca115

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Updated to 20140725.5357a17.

The Carbone and Voxelgarden subgames are now also included.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Updated to 20140805.15f3713

shaheerziya

by shaheerziya » Post

Nice.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

thank you for your work !

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

You're welcome, shaheerziya and Minetestforfun. :-)

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Updated to 20140903.8948907

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Post

Still following this thread. Thanks Morn!
I'll be back!

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

OmniStudent wrote:Still following this thread. Thanks Morn!
I'll be back!
Thanks, OmniStudent! I also wanted to post a new binary yesterday, but for some mysterious reason the dynamic linker no longer finds libfreetype which is right there in /usr/local/lib/. So I could only compile without Freetype and gettext. The OS X bugs and odditiies never really stop, do they? :-)