bees that are buzzing around
17%
the honey production that requires flowers nearby
22%

Total votes: 127

kerikter4of7

Re: [Mod] Bees and beekeeper [2.0] [bees]

by kerikter4of7 » Post

Heya, new to Minetest but not new to gaming and realllly looking forward to using this mod, however I keep running into an error:

Code: Select all

Loaded mesh: character.x
Unsupported texture format
Loaded texture: /usr/share/minetest/textures/base/pack/sunrisebg.png
Font size: 8 15
12:19:17: ERROR[main]: ServerError: /home/a/.minetest/mods/bees/init.lua:409: bad argument #-1 to 'add_particle' (number expected, got nil)
12:19:17: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
12:19:17: ERROR[main]: 	[C]: in function 'add_particle'
12:19:17: ERROR[main]: 	/home/a/.minetest/mods/bees/init.lua:409: in function </home/a/.minetest/mods/bees/init.lua:408>
Which then pops up an empty dialog box and then MT quits to the game list.

This happens whether I have particles on (I usually do) or off, on a new game made specifically to test it out.

Let me know where to poke it and I'll see what I can do.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Bas080 wrote: Just wanted to let you know that the bees mod has updated a lot.
You ought to say more about it than just add a strange survey :-) Those new textures look fine, and I'm looking forward to that honey extractor. I'm a bit suspicious of the particles used by the bees mod as those did cause trouble with my rather basic graphics hardware in the past (framerate dropped). But the bees and their hives are really fine to have around!
kerikter4of7 wrote: Heya, new to Minetest but not new to gaming and realllly looking forward to using this mod, however I keep running into an error:
Try using a newer built of Minetest. There are always changes and improvements, and it is quite likely that this mod needs some of those. It runs fine with a version compiled from current github.

kerikter4of7

by kerikter4of7 » Post

Sokomine wrote: Try using a newer built of Minetest. There are always changes and improvements, and it is quite likely that this mod needs some of those. It runs fine with a version compiled from current github.
I'll be doing that shortly, but I do know I'm running 0.4.9 atm... have things shifted that fast? What version / nightly are we on now?

Edited to add: Grabbed the 0.4.9-261-gc6a9eae from the viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3837 instructions and ran only the bees mod, still the same result: threw some errors (I watch it in terminal) and etc just like before. I'm rather bummed out, I guess I get to play with other mods until this one is updated.

02:52:43: ERROR[main]: ServerError: /home/a/.minetest/mods/bees/init.lua:409: bad argument #-1 to 'add_particle' (number expected, got nil)
02:52:43: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
02:52:43: ERROR[main]: 	[C]: in function 'add_particle'
02:52:43: ERROR[main]: 	/home/a/.minetest/mods/bees/init.lua:409: in function </home/a/.minetest/mods/bees/init.lua:408>

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

kerikter4of7 wrote:
Sokomine wrote: Try using a newer built of Minetest. There are always changes and improvements, and it is quite likely that this mod needs some of those. It runs fine with a version compiled from current github.
I'll be doing that shortly, but I do know I'm running 0.4.9 atm... have things shifted that fast? What version / nightly are we on now?
0.4.9 stable is from 1st of January 2014. If I read it correctly there have been 15 dev's and 261 commits since then. Here's a post to the GitHub of minetest: https://github.com/minetest/minetest

Look under branch/tag.

Edit: Ninjaed by the edit.

Edit 1: The latest from GitHub, minetest-minetest-c6a9eae, works fine with bees.

Bas080
GitHub: bas080
IRC: bas080
In-game: bas080

by Bas080 » Post

kerikter4of7, you could always remove the add_particle api function from the mod init.lua file. It won't alter the mod in a big way.

kerikter4of7

by kerikter4of7 » Post

Thanks for the handholding guys, I ended up having to purge the version from the repositories to finally get it to pick the right game to run. The copy and paste from the link in my previous post was a godsend.

Thanks again!

kerikter4of7

by kerikter4of7 » Post

Bas080 wrote:Bees
What's that buzzing?

Features
- craft for extractor
- a craft for the smoker

- craft a grafting tool to extract queen bees from wild hives
- craft artificial hives and frames
Oh awesome updates! When you have a few spare minutes could you update the first (top?) post with the recipes for the things you've added?

Bas080

by Bas080 » Post

hey kerikter4of7, i noticed the crafts where messed up. Fixed them and removed the steel dependency for now. Future updates will include steel dependency as machines should be made out of steel sheets and not steel ingots.

kerikter4of7

by kerikter4of7 » Post

It's interesting you use red wool in the recipe, would have thought you'd use leaves in the smoker. Also: mese (for in the extractor) is rather hard to find unless you know where the layers are to look for it / use creative mode. Not sure what I'd recommend to supplant it though.

Edit: ah, saw the updated screenshot, the wool is for the accordion fold in the puffer, not as a "fuel". My bad.

kerikter4of7

Re:

by kerikter4of7 » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:Experiment was an resounding success. Wild hives will appear in apple trees if you plant flowers all around....

but there is a distance which competing wild hives will spawn near each other. I have two hives on trees diagonal from each other and the bee nests are on the furthest it can get on the side of the apple tree as it can get.

And I have a second hive started but not by the planned trees but by one outside the control area.
Did you ever narrow down the minimum distance they spawn? Mine have been wonderfully sporadic until two spawned close to each other on my leaf shade for my house... swarms near my doorway made me blink a couple times in confusion.

Near my house: http://i.imgur.com/sCkF2s6.png
Oh and also out and about: http://i.imgur.com/3KknOnw.png

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Error if a player punches while wielding the smoker, but there's no solid node in range (e.g the player hits nothing but air):

03:00:03: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer uses bees:smoker, pointing at [nothing]
03:00:03: VERBOSE[ServerThread]: Server::deletingPeer(): peer->id=2, timeout=0
03:00:03: VERBOSE[ServerThread]: Server: Handling peer change: id=2, timeout=0
03:00:03: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players: 
03:00:03: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...ssa/.minetest/games/dreambuilder_game/mods/bees/init.lua:583: attempt to index local 'pos' (a nil value)
03:00:03: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
03:00:03: ERROR[main]:  ...ssa/.minetest/games/dreambuilder_game/mods/bees/init.lua:583: in function <...ssa/.minetest/games/dreambuilder_game/mods/bees/init.lua:579>
cheapie took a look at the code and this patch of his fixes it along with a couple of other bugs he discovered: https://github.com/cheapie/bees/commit/ ... 41ed037357

Bas080

by Bas080 » Post

VanessaE, Implemented the fix partially. The if statement on line 596 is not complete. It forgets about other 2 hive type nodes.

Hives
- Wild
- Artificial
- Industrial

Cheapie, It might be better to use groups for this.

freejack

by freejack » Post

I am receiving this error on server startup:

18:02:49: ERROR[main]: Error loading mod "bees-master": modname does not follow naming conventions: Only chararacters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
18:02:49: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/dtruesdale/.minetest/mods/bees-master/init.lua
18:02:49: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/dtruesdale/.minetest/mods/bees-master/init.lua

running 0.4.10 and latest mod.

I got it working so far...... Maybe not........ got this.....

ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: /home/dtruesdale/.minetest/mods/bees/init.lua:437: bad argument #3 to 'add_particle' (number expected, got nil)
18:16:00: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
18:16:00: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'add_particle'
18:16:00: ERROR[main]: /home/dtruesdale/.minetest/mods/bees/init.lua:437: in function </home/dtruesdale/.minetest/mods/bees/init.lua:436>

server runs on opnesuse 13.1 and I compiled it from source.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Rename the folder to just "bees".

freejack

by freejack » Post

Did that right off the bat from previous experience.

Megaf
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Post

We love this mod in my server, is really fun. But it adds LOTS of lag! Without the mod at times max_lag is 0.2 and with this mod it goes as high as 156 seconds!!

So very unfortunately I had to disable it =/

mojuave

by mojuave » Post

what do we do with the honey after we have it in bottles

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

Now that we have bees, why not ants ?

Make it so that the antscolony spawns ant groups (random black dots) at all 8 directions. If you step over any of the 9 times (8 + the colony itself) you get a half heart damage per minute.

And thinking along same lines, maybe termites ?

What about termite infection on wooden ?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

aldobr wrote: Now that we have bees, why not ants ?
Anthills would be fine. The molehills from undergrowth (or one of the related mods?) combined with another texture might work. Ants as such might be too small. They could be an animated texture, dropped on the ground (raillike drawtype), and thus imitating ants moving about. That's also cheaper than lots of tiny entities.
A list of my mods can be found here.

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

Thats exactly my idea when i posted...

a new pacific mob : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anteater

Goes around searching for anthills to eat.

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

The industrial hive added a few months ago still doesn't have a crafting recipe.

Tril

by Tril » Post

Hello,

I have animals modpack 2.4.2 (stable) installed from the zip here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=629

When I try to drink honey with this animals modpack loaded, it crashes my server. This could be a bug in either mod but I'm guessing it's in bees since this post wasn't updated for a while, and animals was edited in August.
I tried the git head version of animals modpack (assuming in development) but it doesn't actually load most of the mod due to unsatisified dependencies on its own pieces, so the honey works fine then.

08:38:26: ACTION[ServerThread]: Tril uses bees:bottle_honey, pointing at [nothing]
08:38:26: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ...inetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.4.2/mobf/fighting.lua:1383: attempt to call method 'get_name' (a nil value)
08:38:26: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
08:38:26: ERROR[main]:  ...inetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.4.2/mobf/fighting.lua:1383: in function 'callback'
08:38:26: ERROR[main]:  /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:363: in function </usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:361>

In thread 7f1993b16740:
/home/tril/src/minetest/src/main.cpp:1955: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f1993b16740:
#0  int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1  Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2  virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3  void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)
Aborted

MTDad

by MTDad » Post

Trill, I get the same thing, the problem is actually with the animal modpack. You'll get the same thing with any item that tries to give you back the empty container when you consume it. I've reported it to Sapier, hopefully he gets it fixed. I found that by going into mobf/fighting.lua and commenting out ":get_name" on line 1383 fixed it. I get the empty bottle back, both when I consume it, or when I use it to heal an animal (which is what that section of mobf/fighting pertains to) and no more server crash.

Tril

by Tril » Post

MTDad wrote: mobf/fighting.lua and commenting out ":get_name" on line 1383
Thanks! This worked.

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't figure out how to use any of these things? Like I find wild hives in trees, how do I go from there to building a few hives? Is there a guide? I want to place some hives nears flowers to help them grow quicker.