[0.4.10]Wasteland Survival Server[wasteland] [24/7] [NO PVP]

LandMine

[0.4.10]Wasteland Survival Server[wasteland] [24/7] [NO PVP]

by LandMine » Post

Version: 0.4.10
Address: 192.210.229.238
Port: 30000
Moderator: None Yet
Default Privs: Shout, Interact, home (For /sethome)

Note:
This server is in a beta phase, that means that even more mods are needed to give great game play. the server hardware will be updated as more players join, if you know of any good mods that will help this game become more of a challenge or features you would like to see, please give your feedback, there will be regular map backups.
EDIT: Lagg has been fixed by about 80% placing nodes and acquiring them is faster now, if any other problems were to arise just let me know thanks :D , there are plans to upgrade the server if any other problems were to arise, already tested with my own pc and another friend with his, no lagg present.

About Us
A long time ago there where trees, grass and the ocean. But then war broke out between 2 great nations, the Miners from the East and the Testers from the West, this was know as the World Mine War! The battle lasted for 3 years, until eventually the Testers unleashed their secret weapon, the MESE bomb, but the results were not what they expected, the MESE bomb resulted more powerful then anybody would think. The only thing both nations saw was a white light in the sky, soon everything was gone.....everything that is left is a WASTELAND and YOU

Your only chance to survive are the ruined houses you can find in the world. There you can find useful stuff to survive: Food, water, seeds and even saplings. But you wont find that in every ruin. Some contain just food and just rarely you can find water or sapling.

Seeds can rarely be dropped when digging dry shrubs, wood can be get from the dead trees or from ruins.
Keep in mind, you must eat or you will starve. And hunger comes faster than you think.

Monsters rise during night time, so use the daytime to gather resources and build a safe place where you and your team of survivors can rest, but beware not only monsters are out at night, pvp is disabled for co-op survival

Rules
1. Do not grief
2. Do not attempt to lag, crash, or otherwise hinder our server.
3. Do not spam
4. Be excellent to each other
5. Do not ask to be staff
8. We will remove offensive structures and floating platforms/structures.
8. Do not make lines around the map

Mods:
  • Mobs
  • Throwing - throw stuff at players and mobs; regular arrows, golden arrows (more damage) build arrows (using obsidian glass), torch arrows, dig arrows (crafted with a wooden pickaxe) and teleport arrows (crafted with a diamond) are available
  • xfences
  • Item Frames - place item frames and pedestals for showing off items
  • ChatPlus
  • Carts
  • Protector
  • Soccer
  • Xban

Mod Request
If your playing on this server and would like me to add a specific mod, post the name and i will. Be sure to post a url to the mod.

Todo List:
Create an Economy to get limited items such as protector blocks and misc.
Add more survival features
Please Suggest more...

Reports
The server will automatically restart if a crash is presented. But report any bugs here on the official wasteland thread: viewtopic.php?id=7243
Last edited by LandMine on Wed Jul 16, 2014 00:51, edited 8 times in total.

meldrian
GitHub: meldrian
IRC: meldrian
In-game: meldrian

Re: [0.4.9]Wasteland Survival Server [wasteland] [24/7] [NO

by meldrian » Post

I'll play a bit around with my cousin @ your server. thx so far, i were looking for this!

edit: You might want to fix the bug that wheat can not be harvested without digging the soil underneath, mentioned in the wasteland-thread.
Last edited by meldrian on Sun Jul 13, 2014 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

mike_dzl

by mike_dzl » Post

Kind of excited for this! Some friends and I have been looking for something like this, something a little more challenging than the standard mintest_game. I will be checking it out!

LandMine

by LandMine » Post

meldrian wrote:I'll play a bit around with my cousin @ your server. thx so far, i were looking for this!

edit: You might want to fix the bug that wheat can not be harvested without digging the soil underneath, mentioned in the wasteland-thread.
EDIT: FIXED!

thanks for the feedback i will definitely fix that, i just hadn't had the time to fix everything i will add more stuff today will post again when more mods are added, good to see the serer is growing

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Is your serverstill running 0.4.9? 0.4.10 is out.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

LandMine

by LandMine » Post

hoodedice wrote:Is your serverstill running 0.4.9? 0.4.10 is out.
I use the latest git

trainwrecktony
In-game: trainwrecktony

Re: [0.4.10]Wasteland Survival Server[wasteland] [24/7] [NO

by trainwrecktony » Post

Played, 1st death starved even thought i had rats didn't think i could /spawn and use the furnace there, 2nd death fell too much, 3rd death cornered by sandmonster in cave wood sword not strong enough.

As i suggested during our chat its be nice to be able to craft shrubs into sticks, even it ifs 9:1 ratio and also have shrubs as furnance fuel.

Here's a weird idea since i use something similar on my server, Bonemeal mod viewtopic.php?id=5429 , which would be helpful in growing plants and a plausible element in a wasteland. The weird part is from the animalmaterials of mobf viewtopic.php?id=629 but you don't really need that to make this work, use the images and inventory from Bonemeal to create a bonesword and maybe other bone tools (stronger than wood weaker than stone). The bones in dirt would be rare and you could also set a low chance drop of bones from killing mobs.
Server Owner trainwrecktony.serveminecraft.net:30000 irc.freenode.net ##minetest-trainwrecktony

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

This seems like a good server. However I think it would be better if you allowed PvP even if it was only allowed at day/night: otherwise I don't think this server would be a proper survival server. Also everyone should spawn in a different place else those who join the server later would be at a disadvantage as the huts with resources near them would already have been ransacked.

You could still have a set spawn point tho so that if you type /spawn you could teleport there...

LandMine

by LandMine » Post

trainwrecktony wrote:Played, 1st death starved even thought i had rats didn't think i could /spawn and use the furnace there, 2nd death fell too much, 3rd death cornered by sandmonster in cave wood sword not strong enough.

As i suggested during our chat its be nice to be able to craft shrubs into sticks, even it ifs 9:1 ratio and also have shrubs as furnance fuel.

Here's a weird idea since i use something similar on my server, Bonemeal mod viewtopic.php?id=5429 , which would be helpful in growing plants and a plausible element in a wasteland. The weird part is from the animalmaterials of mobf viewtopic.php?id=629 but you don't really need that to make this work, use the images and inventory from Bonemeal to create a bonesword and maybe other bone tools (stronger than wood weaker than stone). The bones in dirt would be rare and you could also set a low chance drop of bones from killing mobs.
Definitely appreciate the feedback, i will try to make these changes asap and apply them
Achilles wrote:This seems like a good server. However I think it would be better if you allowed PvP even if it was only allowed at day/night: otherwise I don't think this server would be a proper survival server. Also everyone should spawn in a different place else those who join the server later would be at a disadvantage as the huts with resources near them would already have been ransacked.

You could still have a set spawn point tho so that if you type /spawn you could teleport there...
I had thought about enabling pvp, but in a server like this where most materials are limited, will enable of course when the economy system is added, also will add /spawn thanks for the feedback

meldrian

by meldrian » Post

It's me again, still enjoying your server. When i'd like to craft a bronze axe or a bronze Pickaxe or a bronze shovell, i get a "unknown item" instead of the bronze tool. Only the bronze Hoe is possible at the moment.

Edit: Stone-Monsters also drop unknown items. Building a bronze sword is not possible too.

LandMine

by LandMine » Post

meldrian wrote:It's me again, still enjoying your server. When i'd like to craft a bronze axe or a bronze Pickaxe or a bronze shovell, i get a "unknown item" instead of the bronze tool. Only the bronze Hoe is possible at the moment.

Edit: Stone-Monsters also drop unknown items. Building a bronze sword is not possible too.
FIXED! And Mods Added!

Definitely sorry about these issues, i have fixed all the Bronze tool set (sword,pick,axe,shovel,hoe), And the mobs unknown item has also been fixed, mobs will drop coins for future economy ideas. I still am working on adding the other things such as sticks from shrubs and misc stuff.

Please everybody keep submitting feedback, will try to fix as soon as possible

LandMine

by LandMine » Post

Stores and /Spawn Added

I have added the /spawn command, so you can now go to spawn and /sethome also /home

Also added an economy mod, will make a store to sell basic blocks and purchase other blocks like protector blocks, and other misc blocks

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Type in //y to crash the server
Please update the mod which contains this command.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

Krock wrote:Type in //y to crash the server
that would be worldedit

LandMine

by LandMine » Post

Krock wrote:Type in //y to crash the server
Thanks for the heads up it has been updated :D

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

LandMine wrote:
Achilles wrote:This seems like a good server. However I think it would be better if you allowed PvP even if it was only allowed at day/night: otherwise I don't think this server would be a proper survival server. Also everyone should spawn in a different place else those who join the server later would be at a disadvantage as the huts with resources near them would already have been ransacked.

I had thought about enabling pvp, but in a server like this where most materials are limited, will enable of course when the economy system is added, also will add /spawn thanks for the feedback
NP :)

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

Please how i can craft protector?

LandMine

by LandMine » Post

Pitriss wrote:Please how i can craft protector?
Protector is crafted using bricks, but there is no clay in wasteland, so the only way of acquiring a protector block is by Buying it, i will finish the store that is in spawn by tomorrow, so you will be able to sell and buy blocks :D

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

You maybe can add the Finite Liquids Mod for making the water seach more Hardcore

bitsflashing
In-game: bitsflashing

by bitsflashing » Post

Will you finish the store soon? I really like the server and hope people don't leave it forever.
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.
-William Wordsworth

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

-Abraham Lincoln

LandMine

by LandMine » Post

bitsflashing wrote:Will you finish the store soon? I really like the server and hope people don't leave it forever.
I really try to finish it in my available time which is not a lot, and my intention is bring more people, for this i definatly need ideas, so if you have some that would be awesome.

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

Take in mind, that without protectors ppl will not build too much on your server, just because they doesn't want to lose their resources.:)

So finishing your shop is really best idea.

bitsflashing

by bitsflashing » Post

LandMine wrote:
bitsflashing wrote:Will you finish the store soon? I really like the server and hope people don't leave it forever.
I really try to finish it in my available time which is not a lot, and my intention is bring more people, for this i definatly need ideas, so if you have some that would be awesome.
Perhaps you could add a town shop for other people to sell stuff?
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.
-William Wordsworth

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

-Abraham Lincoln

meldrian

by meldrian » Post

I'am not a friend of a civilized shop in a post-apocalyptic world but that's just my opinion.
Maybe there's a way to customize the recipe for the protector and other "neccessary" multiplayer-stuff. About the rest like papyrus and so on... well, it's wasteland, not minetest_game ;)
You run this server, do whatever you like and think it's right.

bitsflashing

by bitsflashing » Post

My other idea would be to possible reset the non-protected areas around once every month so that people who just start out can still get resources while the people can keep their inventory.
-William Wordsworth

-Abraham Lincoln