How to save a multiplayer world?

paptric09

How to save a multiplayer world?

by paptric09 » Post

I check the wiki and forum and can not find a way to save the multiplayer world. Help me out :)

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

Re: How to save a multiplayer world?

by twoelk » Post

If you want to have a copy of a world of some remote server you have played on you might have luck and the world file is offered as download. Check the forum thread of that server for a link to such a file. If you ask maybe an admin will offer you a link to a backup file. Beware though such a worldfile may be several gigabytes large.

If such a thing is not offered you can try and use a client that has a "write to local copy function". Sfan5 once made one but it is very outdated and will not work with every server. Besides that you ought to ask for permission to make a local copy as the server owner might not want that or use mods or textures that have a license that does not allow that.

A lot of servers also use a unique set of mods that might contain special blocks restricted to a certain server. You may be able to get a copy of such a "game" or will have to repair the local copy of the map with WorldEdit to make it playable.

If you have hosted the server yourself - well then look into your worlds folder ;-P

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

twoelk wrote:sfan5 once made one but it is very outdated and will not work with every server.
It's not outdated nor does it not work with every server. If it does not work with every server there must be a bug, let me know in that case.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

paptric09

by paptric09 » Post

twoelk wrote:Sfan5 once made one but it is very outdated and will not work with every server.
Where I can find this cool client? link please. I can not see it in Sfan5's github

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

paptric09 wrote:
twoelk wrote:Sfan5 once made one but it is very outdated and will not work with every server.
Where I can find this cool client? link please. I can not see it in Sfan5's github
Have a look at this post by Sokomine: viewtopic.php?p=118458#p118458