Minetest 0.4.10

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

Re: Minetest 0.4.10

by paramat » Post

Dragonop wrote:¿Its there a way to download and install Mapgens in Minetest?¿like mods i guess?
NO
Not c++ core mapgens but you can of course use lua mapgen mods, see the 'mods' link on my profile page i have many 3D noise mapgens.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

HI.
I just wanted to say that PLEASE dont add MT jack o' lanterns (if somebody is about to do that) cause some people may see it offensive to their religion (see this Topic in Voxelands forum: Jack o' lanterns)
Or maybe a disable Jack o' Lanter option if added
Thanks for reading

Napiophelios
GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

by Napiophelios » Post

Dragonop wrote:HI.
I just wanted to say that PLEASE dont add MT jack o' lanterns (if somebody is about to do that) cause some people may see it offensive to their religion (see this Topic in Voxelands forum: Jack o' lanterns)
Or maybe a disable Jack o' Lanter option if added
Thanks for reading
Jack o' Lanterns are wards to protect against evil spirits, Vampyres in particular.
Its part of archaic Christian folklore,they represent evil spirits/haunting lights, not "heads of the dead".
I think their presence is very fitting to such games as Minecraft and Minetest.

Regardless,the guy offers the solution to his own problem
"just edit the crap out of it"

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

The beauty of Minetest being a engine rather then a game...

if pumpkin heads, monsters or fictitious ores offend, just disable or edit the mod supplying it.
Oh don't forget noclip, flying and teleport!

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Seems like religious people are easily offended. Maybe you should just not place it, or use it?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

rubenwardy wrote:Seems like religious people are easily offended.
And the non-religious often get offended whenever something obviously religious is added.

Being easily offended is a people problem. :)

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

What next will they say is religious and offending? Will it be Christmas trees?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

it's just a game people...

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:it's just a game people...
+100

Just edit it or don't even play it. The same goes for a lot of other games: if someone doesn't like all the blood in Resident Evil, why play it? If people tried to please everybody, the world would have to cease to exist, because it's a basic fact of life that people can't agree on everything.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Zeno
GitHub: Zeno-

by Zeno » Post

HeroOfTheWinds wrote:
[..] If people tried to please everybody, the world would have to cease to exist, because it's a basic fact of life that people can't agree on everything.
I disagree

Amaz
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Post

HeroOfTheWinds wrote:
+100

Just edit it or don't even play it. The same goes for a lot of other games: if someone doesn't like all the blood in Resident Evil, why play it? If people tried to please everybody, the world would have to cease to exist, because it's a basic fact of life that people can't agree on everything.
+1000

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

0.4.10 has hit Debian testing (so it should appear in Ubuntu anytime now asdfref.
I am loving the texurable sun, moon and skybox - however, I'd love this to go further - I'd like to be able to add more moons with differing orbit times (so we can have moon phases) and configure the day-length based on virtual latitude (it would be really great if the ecliptic could move north or south. Probably asking for the moon here. :p But basially it would be great to have months and seasons, then abms can be triggered on things like day-length and moon phase. I want to include lunacy and lycanthropes in my game. I am slightly mourning the loss of weather support, not that it ever rained or anything. Does anyone have any plans to re-implement weather?

Loving 3rd person view, want clothing inventory next - could this be modded already?
Bones: damn, I was collecting them. Here I would love to be able to revert to the old behaviour.
I have never 'dropped a stack while sneaking' - so I don't understand this change. :D
The new formspec support is fantastic in theory, but I'm going to have to learn how it works - first experiments have had random effects. Is there any documentation for this?

Great work! Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

Just one more thing:
minetest_game is not minetest
May I remind posters that you can install alternative textures, mods, other games ... even create your own if you don't like the example game. There are valid reasons for discussing what gets bundled with the engine, but disliking pumpkin heads is not one of them.

Whaddya mean it's 'just' a game? :p

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

afflatus wrote:The new formspec support is fantastic in theory, but I'm going to have to learn how it works - first experiments have had random effects. Is there any documentation for this?
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... #L943-1226
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

afflatus

by afflatus » Post

sfan5 wrote:
afflatus wrote:The new formspec support is fantastic in theory, but I'm going to have to learn how it works - first experiments have had random effects. Is there any documentation for this?
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... #L943-1226
Thanks sfan5. That took a little figuring out. Basically it appears the formspec gets embedded in the node, so I didn't see the changes until I crafted a new bookcase. The engine was looking for non-existent bg images, so the forms were coming up random colours. We live and learn.

GNUmat
GitHub: gnugat
In-game: GNUmat

by GNUmat » Post

Hi there! I'm really excited about the addition of TNT (I'll try to build some cannons, similarly to Minecraft).

So I've upgraded my server and client from 0.4.9 to 0.4.10, however I can't seem to be able to craft gunpowder using a lump of coal and a block of gravel (as described in the wiki: http://wiki.minetest.net/Gun_Powder).
Would you guys have any idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers :)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

GNUmat wrote:<snip>
Make sure, you've got the newest minetest_game, much things changed from 0.4.9 to 0.4.10.

There's the recipe of it: https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... t.lua#L338
It uses gravel and a coal lump, as you already said.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

GNUmat

by GNUmat » Post

After a quick check I confirm that both server and client are in v0.4.10. I even found the pointed lines in the pointed files (the recipes in the lua file).

GNUmat

by GNUmat » Post

Ok I've found the solution: I created a `~/.minetest/minetest/minetest.conf` file with a `enable_tnt = true` line :) .
Anyway, great release! Just like @afflatus I'll have to find a new purpose for my crypt, I can't collect bones now :'( .

Now it's time to create some TNT cannons! :D

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Post

Hello,

I can't create new world, i have this error "No worldname given or no game selected".
thanks

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

balthazariv wrote:I can't create new world, i have this error "No worldname given or no game selected".
10 steps to create a world and play (works!)

Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Post

balthazariv wrote: I can't create new world, i have this error "No worldname given or no game selected".
thanks
I found an alternative solution. I first created a game mode test minimal development. Now I no longer have the error in normal mode.

shaheerziya

by shaheerziya » Post

Awesome, really

SecretSighter
In-game: SecretSighter

by SecretSighter » Post

I'm having issues getting Minetest to run on Fedora. I'm attempting "yum install minetest" and it states no package found. Is there a more specific name or will I have to compile from source?

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

SecretSighter wrote:I'm having issues getting Minetest to run on Fedora. I'm attempting "yum install minetest" and it states no package found. Is there a more specific name or will I have to compile from source?
As you can see, Fedora 19 and 20 only have 0.4.9, not 0.4.10. If you want a more recent version, you will have to compile from source.

afflatus

by afflatus » Post

SecretSighter wrote:I'm having issues getting Minetest to run on Fedora. I'm attempting "yum install minetest" and it states no package found. Is there a more specific name or will I have to compile from source?
If you're having problems installing minetest, you probably need to make sure yum is pointing at the correct repository and is looking at an updated index for it. This is really a question for someone in Fedora's games department (or at least rtfm). Minetest is well maintained in Debian and apt is so easy to use that I've become lazy - I haven't had to compile anything for several years. :-)
Grailtest is stirring ...