how to play with people??

mojuave

how to play with people??

by mojuave » Post

ok so I am new to this whole thing and I have tried several things to play with other people. When you go onto a server is there a certain map you need to load that people play on? is it just no one is there?

Cryterion
GitHub: Cryterion
IRC: Cryterion
In-game: Cryterion

Re: how to play with people??

by Cryterion » Post

logon to trainwrecktony's server, often people around.

If no-one there at the time, play a bit, check back later, daily activity!!!
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

mojuave

by mojuave » Post

Cryterion wrote:logon to trainwrecktony's server, often people around.

If no-one there at the time, play a bit, check back later, daily activity!!!

when i log into server I have my game I created I am not on special map or see any other people or see any gigging other than mine and no response in chat so thats why i ask how do i join a world and use what everyone using as map or is this what it is?

sorry for not understanding I am new to sandbox games and not very computer programming technical

mojuave

by mojuave » Post

ok I might be missing how to. I have been clicking on server not client on the start page assuming i was on my own game??

I tried tony's but game become unresponsive just says "item textures"

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

After starting minetest click Client in the menu.

Check (put a v) in the litlle grey box before "Public Serverlist". Now you will see a list of servers that are online. First number is the amount of players, second number is the maximum capacity of players on that server.

Just click the one you want to play on. Don't forget to type your/a Name and Password. Next time you play on that server, to go further you'll need that same name and password.

Here's another list of online servers: http://minetest.net/servers
Or look here for more/other info about servers: viewforum.php?f=10

Some key-commands that might help you (not all) in game:
Escape brings you to the menu
F1 (function key F1) (dis)appear the hand, inventory and the cross
F2 (un)hide the chat (what you and other players are typing)
F3 (en/dis)able fog
F5 Toggle once to see your coordinates X, Y, Z
F7 Selfie
F10 Old chattext

And finally be patient. When connecting to a server takes to long, chances are that the server is not online or your/its connection is not strong enough. Item definitions and item textures are good news, you are connected and those are getting loaded. Depending on your (and the server's) computer and internet connection this can take several minutes or more (especially when connecting the first time with a server or with a new client).

Edit: Typo's