[Game] The RealTest Game [realtest]

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

I tried installing in the normal mods folder but got an error because there wasn't an init.lua file. On a hunch, I tried installing it in the /game folder of the Minetest program directory and was able to create a game. I'm not sure if that was what was intended or not but I didn't see any installation instructions (sorry if I missed them). It might be a good idea to include installation instructions in the readme file.

I'm just hoping I guessed right. Even though I was able to start a game, the chunk generation time seems to be really long so I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

Jouster27 wrote:I tried installing in the normal mods folder but got an error because there wasn't an init.lua file. On a hunch, I tried installing it in the /game folder of the Minetest program directory and was able to create a game. I'm not sure if that was what was intended or not but I didn't see any installation instructions (sorry if I missed them). It might be a good idea to include installation instructions in the readme file.

I'm just hoping I guessed right. Even though I was able to start a game, the chunk generation time seems to be really long so I'm wondering if I made a mistake.
it is labeled as a game, in the game directory, so putting it into games was probably the right idea. also, some mapgens do take longer.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

Re: [Game] The RealTest Game [realtest]

by Dragonop » Post

My brain is goin to Implode.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Dragonop wrote:My brain is goin to Implode.
I'd like to see that.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

a recent post is discussing mapgen8. What about using realtest ores with a more realistic mapgen under minetest_game? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10855 (or was this already suggested?)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

dgm5555 wrote: a recent post is discussing mapgen8. What about using realtest ores with a more realistic mapgen under minetest_game? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10855 (or was this already suggested?)
Probably. The ore distribution in RealTest is very impractical as you can look for hours and never find the ore you need.

Further development of RealTest would be great, especially in combination with AdventureTest.
A list of my mods can be found here.

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Minetest and more realism... oh yes! I looked at the screenshots, and this seriously looks like one of the first quality Minetest games which are more complete.

Unfortunately, I tried this game out with the latest Minetest GIT, and it crashes at startup. Is the project still alive, and can anyone get it working again please?

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

spootonium

by spootonium » Post

The correct (new?) address for the currently developed fork:

https://github.com/VanessaE/realtest
I write code. Sometimes, it even works.

Merak

by Merak » Post

https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/realtest
Vanessa's current repositories have moved to GitLab.

This is not identified as a game or a mod with the current 5.3 dev version of Minetest.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

There's a new version of this game released by Wuzzy here. It ought to be better adjusted to newer versions of MT.
A list of my mods can be found here.