[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

RealBadAngel

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.10] [technic]

by RealBadAngel » Post

LionsDen wrote:It may be that no one knows how the forcefield emitter works. I tried playing with it a LONG time ago when I was still using the technic mod and the technic game and could never get it to work. I also asked about the stargate and never got any help with that either so there are probably parts that are not working or understood.
Stargates are fully working transportation system, They just dont have any crafting recipes by now.

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

How do you craft the 3.5% Uranium ingots necessary to make the Uranium fuel rods ?

I have plenty uranium lumps , but when I put those in a furnace it gives 0.7% Uranium ingots and those don't work to craft the fuel rods. It seems it must be the 3.5% uranium ingots. How do I get the uranium lumps to 3.5% uranium ingots ?

Thanx

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

It is explained in the manual here: https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... enrichment. Basically, you'll need a lot of centrifuges, which are MV machines.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Nore wrote:It is explained in the manual here: https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... enrichment. Basically, you'll need a lot of centrifuges, which are MV machines.
Thanx for the link. Doesn't help much though.
I have no idea how to set up the centrifuges with tube segments and can't find anywhere help on how that must actually look :(

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Centrifuges work with tubes pretty like other MV machines: you have to put a tube upgrade (control logic unit) in them, and connect a tube to the side; it will then send the output items into that tube (due to a bug currently, that side may be left or right depending on the orientation of the machine). To put items into them, simply send them as you would with any pipeworks device.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Must they have filters on the side as well ?

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

No, that's the difference between technic machines and most pipeworks devices. You should update technic as well if it doesn't work, as there was a recent bugfix.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

I'm trying the tubes now with a normal MV furnace. Tube inputs works ( from a chest ) , but output doesn't work. Everything piles up in the furnace. I put a tube on it's side which connects to a chest. I put a control logic unit in the furnace upgrade slots. The ore comes in from one tube from the chest fine , furnace burns it , but then piles up. Doesn't exit at the other tube.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Try the other side, and if that doesn't work, update technic, a bugfix for that was added yesterday.

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Marshall_maz wrote:
Nore wrote:It is explained in the manual here: https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... enrichment. Basically, you'll need a lot of centrifuges, which are MV machines.
Thanx for the link. Doesn't help much though.
I have no idea how to set up the centrifuges with tube segments and can't find anywhere help on how that must actually look :(
OK, the whole process looks really complicated, but if you break it down into a few simple facts, you see it isn't that bad,
  • Uranium (lumps/dust/ingots) can exist in 36 different grades, from 0.0%-fissile to 3.5%-fissile, in increments of 0.1%.
  • The Uranium lumps you get from digging ore are 0.7%-fissile.
  • Placing 2 uranium dust of a particular grade of uranium into a centrifuge will result in 1 dust of the lower grade and 1 dust of the higher grade. For example, placing 2 0.7%-fissile dusts into a centrifuge will result in 1 0.6%-fissile dust and 1 0.8%-fissile dust.
  • In order to make fuel rods that may be used in the nuclear reactor core, you need to compress 5 x 3.5%-fissile uranium.
So what you need to do (and you really do need to do this, trying to do this manually is quite simply insane), is to automate the entire process of moving the various grades of dust around. The most straightforward arrangement is to simply have 1 centrifuge for each grade of dust from 0.1% to 3.4%. Added to that you have sorting tubes on each centrifuge to make sure the dusts go to the right place each time. You have a grinder where you place your mined 0.7% lumps, and it sends the 0.7% dusts to the centrifuge that handles the 0.7% dusts. The sorting tube attached to that centrifuge will then have filters configured to ensure that 0.7% dust is routed to it, 0.6% dust is routed to the centrifuge lower down the cascade and 0.8% dust is routed to the one higher in the cascade.

This general setup applies to all centrifuges except the 2 at the extreme ends of the cascade. The centrifuge outputting 0.0%-fissile dust will not feed into another centrifuge, instead you can whatever you want with those dusts. I chose to feed them into a furnace to make ingots, which in turn outputs to an autocrafter which makes blocks from every 9 ingots. At the other extreme, the centrifuge which takes 3.4% dust as input will have its 3.5% dust outputted to a furnace, which in turn outputs to a compressor, which will compress 5 ingots into a fuel rod. This you can then output to a chest.

Here's a visual.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Yes, it's exactly what's expected :). Also, 0.0% fissile uranium blocks, although a bit radioactive, is an excellent radiation shield; you can use it as a replacement for the concrete layer of a reactor, and add another layer of cheaper shielding for those blocks; it will probably become even more useful later when the blast-resistant concrete layer will be made optional too.

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

Are there any plans to add HV furnaces/grinders/alloy furnaces to this mod?
Also, there is a texture mismatch: https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/issues/155

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

@ ThatGraemeguy ,

Thanx for that detailed explanation. Best I found so far. I understand the process , but the tubes is still the problem. Normal tubes doesn't even work in my game let alone sorting tubes. I still can't see how the sorting tubes must be configured. In my game the sorting tubes doesn't even see the output so that I can configure it. ( nothing shows at the on / off buttons ) Normal tubes doesn't even work with other technic machines such as furnaces. It was said here that it must be a bug. I think that's my biggest problem , the tubes not working at all and that confuses me as I try my best to set up the tubes but it doesn't want to work. I hope to update tonight which will hopefully fix the bug between tubes and technic. If the tubes start to work I might be able to figure it out.

Regarding your picture , I also don't understand why all the centrifuges are in a straight line. The 0.8 goes to next furnace , but where do the 0.6 go ? Does that skip one centrifuge and goes to the next. ?

EDIT: One thing I see is that you have your tubes connected at the back of the devices. Mine I put on the sides , maybe that's why my tubes don't work ?

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Well, try all the different sides, you'll finally find the correct direction. Moreover, tubes only work with MV machines, not LV ones. About the picture, the idea is that each tube is a sorting tube, that will send the item in the machine if it's the correct one, or in the correct direction else: next to 0.7% machine you would have a tube that would send 0.7% dusts in the machine, 0.6% one side and 0.8% the other side.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Nore wrote:Well, try all the different sides, you'll finally find the correct direction. Moreover, tubes only work with MV machines, not LV ones. About the picture, the idea is that each tube is a sorting tube, that will send the item in the machine if it's the correct one, or in the correct direction else: next to 0.7% machine you would have a tube that would send 0.7% dusts in the machine, 0.6% one side and 0.8% the other side.
I tried all sides now , only input works. Unable to get output.

Will try again after I have updated.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Update: I have done an update on the software and now my basic tubes ( chest - furnace - chest ) works at last. Now that I have working tubes I am going to try the centrifuge setup. Have no idea how that sorting works but will try figure it out.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Marshall_maz wrote:
Nore wrote:Well, try all the different sides, you'll finally find the correct direction. Moreover, tubes only work with MV machines, not LV ones. About the picture, the idea is that each tube is a sorting tube, that will send the item in the machine if it's the correct one, or in the correct direction else: next to 0.7% machine you would have a tube that would send 0.7% dusts in the machine, 0.6% one side and 0.8% the other side.

MV machines do not automatically send their output to tubes, you must place a Control Logic Unit into one of the machine's upgrades slots for that to happen.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:
Marshall_maz wrote:

MV machines do not automatically send their output to tubes, you must place a Control Logic Unit into one of the machine's upgrades slots for that to happen.
Already tried that a few days ago and didn't work. It was a bug in the software that caused my output not to work.
After an update yesterday my tubes works. ( see my previous post )

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

OK cool. Good idea to watch the github repos for technic and pipeworks so you know when the updates are happening. Both are quite actively maintained.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:OK cool. Good idea to watch the github repos for technic and pipeworks so you know when the updates are happening. Both are quite actively maintained.
I run dreambuilder_game on my server so I don't need to update the mods. VanessaE ( and anyone else involved that I don't know about ) does a great job of keeping the mods up to date for that game , this was just one of those cases where I got 3 days behind with update builds for that game because of life and work happening and as luck would have it a bug was present in something I tried to do.

As for the centrifuge setup itself. Tried all of last night after the update that made my tubes work , but couldn't get it working. That setup is beyond my blonde head I guess. Couldn't even get it started with output from the grinder.
Tried all different sides but it just refused to output to a tube. ( I did have logic unit in it )
So I gave up on that project and are moving on. I ain't clever enough for that setup.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Marshall_maz wrote:As for the centrifuge setup itself. Tried all of last night after the update that made my tubes work , but couldn't get it working. That setup is beyond my blonde head I guess. Couldn't even get it started with output from the grinder.
Tried all different sides but it just refused to output to a tube. ( I did have logic unit in it )
So I gave up on that project and are moving on. I ain't clever enough for that setup.
Did you try using a screwdriver to turn the centrifuge? When I setup mine I also found that the output didn't work on the back of the machine where I placed my tubes. I had to turn it using a screwdriver.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

No I manually dug them and placed them different ways.
I looked at your pic and saw that it looks like your tubes connect on the right side of the centrifuges.
So I placed mine that the tube connected also on the rights side. Started just with the 1 grinder and 1 centrifuge. And couldn't even get that to work. So what chance do I have with 35 of them AND the sorting thing that I don't understand either.

Basically tried from the grinder to 1 centrifuge. Tried grinder all sides except bottom as that's where the power cable comes in. To the centrifuge I tried on it's top , back and right side. Nada , not working. That was with sorting tubes.
Then I decided let me first try just with a normal tube as it is just 1 device to another at that stage. Couldn't get that to output from the grinder to the centrifuge either. With the normal tube also tried all sides except bottom. Both devices get's their power cable from the bottom and both was connected to the network. Triple checked that part.

Eventually gave up as I tried everything that I could from your description and pic and other's description and help , but I just could not get that output going , even on just a grinder to 1 centrifuge setup :(

ivalin

by ivalin » Post

Are you planning to add Buildcraft like features in Technic ?
How to get automatic output from chest .

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

ivalin wrote:How to get automatic output from chest .
See "Filters/Injectors" at http://vanessae.github.io/pipeworks/. Note that it only works for unlocked chests.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Hi guys ,

I have a supply converted network that refuses to work.

I have brought in a HV cable from my HV network.
Put in a converter to convert it to MV. The converter shows that it's working taking 10k HV to 9k MV.
Then I put MV cable and an MV battery box. The battery Box keeps saying " have no network ". At first I didn't put a switch station in as the HV cable coming in has one.
Then I tried putting a switch station on the MV part , but still no network.
As you'll see from the screenshot the HV cable has power and it's battery is charging.
Why is this not working ?
Attachments
converter.jpg
converter.jpg (349.53 KiB) Viewed 1523 times