Share Your WorldEdit Files!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: Share Your WorldEdit Files!

by Sokomine » Post

It's good to se a good project published here. Please continue to build! We need more of that.
A list of my mods can be found here.

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

solars wrote:A ship, for the river that flows through Karsthafen-Königsdorf.
Hey solars. Impressive work, as usual from you. I'm wondering if you took inspiration on the NYC's ship ;)

Just a note about your file in attachement...

1. you don't need to add the extension '.mts' before '.tar.gz' - it may bring confusion...
2. does all OS (except Unix-based) can open/extract the .tar.gz file, as default ? .zip would be a more universal/accessible...

Keep up the good work ! The builders as talented as you are quite rare in MT, and so precious for the community ;)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

jp wrote: 1. you don't need to add the extension '.mts' before '.tar.gz' - it may bring confusion...
Tar and gzip may not be necessary there, that's right. To my knowledge, .mts already does compression for each 16x16x16 mapblock. There may still something to be gained from doing compression on the whole construct.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
jp wrote: 1. you don't need to add the extension '.mts' before '.tar.gz' - it may bring confusion...
Tar and gzip may not be necessary there, that's right. To my knowledge, .mts already does compression for each 16x16x16 mapblock. There may still something to be gained from doing compression on the whole construct.
Only the node mapping is uncompressed in .mts files.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

solars

by solars » Post

Thanks for the praise. :)

I have replaced the .tar.gz-File with a uncompressed .mts file now. This should be unproblematic with all systems and if the data is compressed in the .mts file, a second compression is irrelevant at it is.
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Some time ago on VanessaE's almost vanilla server I built a little wooden hut on the beach of a scenic lake. To gather resources I had a little mine near spawn. People kept digging through the roof of the mine so I started building a structure of glass and diagonal braces of red stone above it. Eventually it got quite high but SpawnCity developed and my little tower was soon dwarfed by much higher buildings.

Never the less I experimented with local copies of the mine and thought it might be usefull for others or interesting to play with the concept of a mine as schematic file.

This is what the building should look like once it is put in place as intended.

To achieve this unzip the schematic file towermine2.we into a schems folder of your world. Once you have the WE priviliges go to the southwest corner of your construction site, stand on the level intended for the entrance and type //pos1 into the chat console. You might want to fly about 200m up and 100m down now (type h to use noclip for flying down) to make Minetest load the chunks the building will be generated in.
Now type //load towermine2 into the chat console. The building will be generated to the north and east of pos1 and as for now all above ground. Next go to the diagonal opposite corner of the building and place your avatar on exactly the opposite corner of the stone structure. Now fly exactly upwards only. Once you are higher than the glass spire tip, type //pos2 into the console. Now comes the tricky parts. To force the open spaces to not be filled with underground nodes we will replace them. Type for example //replace air papyrus to fill all air in the selected area with papyrus. You should have a pretty green building now.
To move the building underground now type //move y -100 into the chat console and after the building has regenerated finish by typing //replace papyrus air into the chat console.

Now you can wander down the stairs and start mining the exposed walls. If you place the structure through some lava lakes these will now spill into the building, so have some glass handy for spectacular windows.

It might be advisable to try placing the building on an extra map first to get an idea of how WE works. There is no easy way back and you may destroy a map if it does not work as you planned.

Floating in the sky you can see the dimensions of the whole structure. In the front you can see what happens if the mapgenerator wants to join the fun and adds some caves and dirt to the building. Preloading the chunks including the air of the area you will work in may help to stop this happen.
The tower and the mine are still very much as build on the server so expect some design changes as in the top two levels of the tower and expect ores all over the place as most of the underground was dugout and not built. I have changed the entrance level a little as on the server it is underground and one side is unfinished as it is protected area of someone else. No extra mods should be needed for this building.

have fun
Attachments
towermine2.zip
(78.75 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Last edited by twoelk on Sun Mar 22, 2015 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

nsd
In-game: nsd

by nsd » Post

A somewhat crowded Visitor's Center, the first building built in Glasstown on my singleplayer server.

Name:Visitor's Center
Mods: Default, Homedecor
Dimensions: 8 by 7 by 4
Attachments
visitor_center.we
(30.43 KiB) Downloaded 351 times

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

The player Halo enjoyed the hills and snow...

Name: Halo's mountain house
Mods: default
Dimensions: 11x9x10
Halo_house.we
WE file
(64.49 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

solars

by solars » Post

The Hotel "Blaue Augen" (in english: Blue Eyes) is a big luxurious hotel, that I have build for Karsthafen-Königsdorf.

You can find 240 rooms, a big swimming bath, a fitness studio, a conference centrum and much more in this building.

For this WorldEdit file, no other addons are needed.
The Building stand at a riverbank at the map. So the groundlevel on the front and the back are different.

Nodes: 924412
Size: 283m x 101m
Draught: 10.5m (side of the river) / 26.5m (side of the street)

Licence: CC BY SA
The download is deleted, since it shows, that the license ist not realy accepted in this sub-forum.
Last edited by solars on Sun Jul 08, 2018 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

Amazing work, congratulations. It just need an accurate decoration for the interior (follow my sight... ;)

Suggestion : rename the file 'hotel_blaue_augen' to something more simple (eg. 'hotel_ba'). We're not all familiar with the german typo and quicker to enter in command.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Wow, just wow :D

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

This is a small village that I built recently. It requires the sub-game Carbone and the following mods:
bakedclay
camo
caverealms
darkage
farming_redo
farming_plus
gloopblocks
hardenedclay
homedecor_modpack-master
itemframes
kerova
kpgmobs
minetest-mod-mesecons-master
minetest-steel-master
minetest-worldedit-master
moreores
moretrees
mtfoods
pie
pipeworks
plantlife_modpack-master
quartz
sea-master
streets
technic-master
unifieddyes
unified_inventory
vines
windmill
The license that ye must obey is as follows:
Licence: CC BY SA
Attachments
Tamuzen.zip
(670.14 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

btdonovan
GitHub: btdonovan
In-game: Carcel

by btdonovan » Post

USS Enterprise. NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C, or D.

The ship is 1:1 scale on the outside. On the inside I made the decks 4 meters between floors so there would be room to move around which means there aren't as many decks as the "Real" Enterprise should have.

I originally built this in that other voxel game so there are some rough edges where something didn't quite translate. You might find a few missing nodes here and there. None of the redstone circuitry translated properly into Mesecons so the doors don't open (where there are doors) and the blinky lights don't blink.

Probably depends on the Nether mod since it has a lot of glowstone throughout. I didn't do much to finish the inside. There's a bridge, and I did some basic finishing work in the engineering section. I had to export this three times before I finally got one that didn't catch on fire as soon as it was imported. There used to be lava flowing through the engine pylons for effect. Had to remove it.

One odd thing, the schematic imports inverted, so the lettering on the saucer and the nacelles is reversed. Not sure how to fix that.

Hope you enjoy it!
Enterprise.mts
mts schematic of a USS Enterprise Model
(41.94 KiB) Downloaded 541 times

themtsurvivor

by themtsurvivor » Post

UPDATE; fixed problem by using old version worldedit 1.0 we_file_version-3, running mt 4.11

Hello everybody, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, I am trying to import my schematics using the filter for we or mts and MCEdit_dev-0.1.8build799.win32 or an older one also, i keep getting this error

Code: Select all

17:16:43: ERROR[ServerThread]: loadSchematicFile: invalid schematic file
17:16:43: ERROR[ServerThread]: place_schematic: failed to get schematic
17:18:17: WARNING: Undeclared global variable "originx" accessed at ...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit/serialization.lua:148
17:18:17: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit/serialization.lua:148: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'originx' (a nil value)
17:18:17: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
17:18:17: ERROR[main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit/serialization.lua:148: in function 'load_schematic'
17:18:17: ERROR[main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit/serialization.lua:221: in function 'deserialize'
17:18:17: ERROR[main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\mods\worldedit\worldedit_commands\init.lua:978: in function 'func'
17:18:17: ERROR[main]: 	...netest-0.4.11-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\chatcommands.lua:40: in function <...netest-0.4.11-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\chatcommands.lua:29>
17:18:17: ERROR[main]: 	...f\minetest-0.4.11-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:348: in function <...f\minetest-0.4.11-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:336>
I also noticed the we files are different than worldedit mod created ones,
any ideas?

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

Just a thought, there are hundreds of minecraft structures available on the loads of sites without owning minecraft.
A couple are:-
http://www.minecraft-schematics.net/min ... -list.html - but the website has hundreds of popup ads (the download page hides the links with ads!!).
http://www.minecraft-schematics.com - this requires free registration
If you search the net there are also many minecraft worlds which are peskier (due to size) but also theoretically possible to import (eg stargate atlantis, hogwarts/hogcraft, the earth, etc.)

Unfortunately you don't seem to be able to import the schematics directly with worldedit.
You don't need minecraft, but it can be a bit of a pain to convert them. Steps seem to be.
Install http://khroki.github.io/MCEdit-Unified/%20MCEdit
Install minetest export script (see instructions viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6007%20from%20here
Export to scheme format and save file in a /schems folder in the world you which to import to
Install minetest worldedit mod viewtopic.php?f=11&t=572%20from%20here
Open minetest
install the schematic using the chat command /mtschemplace

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

dgm5555 wrote:...
Unfortunately you don't seem to be able to import the schematics directly with worldedit.
You don't need minecraft, but it can be a bit of a pain to convert them....
and as you may have missed previous discussions concerning importing Minecraft based maps or schemastics for the Pripjat and the New York servers, at some place you run into filesize limits. Either your local system or Lua seem to have a limit how large a single import can be. The maps for both servers had content imported in slices that had to be stitched together in Minetest.

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

@twoelk: I was aware of the size limit (one of the reasons I suggested we work on a raw python import script - the code already exists to extract from minecraft 1.x to blender, so shouldn't be too difficult to modify and tack on an import to sqlite viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6007&p=169192#p169192.

In any case, yesterday I was attempting to import a relatively small minecraft .schematic which failed. However admittedly I tried with the new .11 version which (for me) seems to have lots of problems with mods failing, so could have been this.

I did do a large edit on worldedit some time ago (which unfortunately got completely ignored by the mod developers) which seemed to allow import of much large mods, but I have no idea why. My recode allowed the user to mark and align/rotate the import to particular locations before an actual load after I got irritated with the completely random positioning the current worldedit considers is reasonable. However I didn't try any memory optomisation, and although it did get rid of some of the (essentially) duplicated code it didn't particularly change the number of function calls in a typical worldedit load. Possibly though the reconfiguration of nested functions contributed, as with the old/current version, the entire import was passed to various functions, which if it was being duplicated in memory may have contributed to overflow.

Sorry, sl off topic. essentially though I think worldedit under lua is incapable of the size and speed of imports we should be fairly easily able to acheive with a raw python script.

ryanheidecke

by ryanheidecke » Post

can someone put up a death note map like they have for minecraft. i would love to have a death note world but i can't find one and building it takes too long.

thanks 4 the helps ....

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

ryanheidecke wrote:can someone put up a death note map like they have for minecraft. i would love to have a death note world but i can't find one and building it takes too long.
If you install mcimport you'll be able to import yourself, admittedly its not perfect yet, but its pretty good.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11146&start=25

1. if needed install python - worst case on windows, installing python takes 5 minutes
2. put 'minecraft death note map download' in google and download the world map
3. Run the script to convert the world -- and you'll have all the minecraft maps you want with only a 10 minute wait for conversion (depending on your computer speed and map size)...

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I've promised months ago to post this house once it'd be finished and finally managed to do so. Thus, here it is:

Hotel, initially built on the Xanandu server

The house was built close to spawn and got griefed. Getting the protectors to work properly in that situation was very difficult, and the house was maybe too big and complex for that protection mod anyway. After the griefing occoured and rollback was not available, we mutually agreeed to have the house beeing teared down.

The way lighting works adds a nice color pattern to the baked clay floor, wall and ceiling of each room.

Mods required: ethereal, a version of bakedclay found on Xanandu, latest version of homedecor

Attachments
xanandu_hotel_sokomine.we
Hotel saved in WorldEdit format; load with //load xanandu_hotel_sokomine
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 373 times
side view
side view
xanandu_hotel_sokomine_2.png (336.13 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
front view
front view
xanandu_hotel_sokomine_1.png (486.26 KiB) Viewed 2290 times

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Really nice of you to share :) It's amazing someone would mess it up. Jerks.

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

That is one amazing build Sokomine.
+1

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Thanks! Hope the house will load. Don't forget to explore it on the inside! It ist completely furnished. Each hotel room has its own bathroom, and there's a lot to see in general which does not show up on the screenshots.

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

That's a really nice and cheerfull house Sokomine. That unknown nodes are the Xanadu only version of backed-clay I presume.

I am slowly forgeting all the places I built on the different servers. I hope you have all youre buildings collected somewhere. That would surely make a quite impressive Sokomineville by now.

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

Brilliant hotel Sokomine.
BTW on the griefing front, I've discovered that it's very difficult to control the android minetest version, and as a result extremely easy for some inadvertent griefing. My daughter must have been in the running for saint-hood after she went round patching up numerous holes I made in her house. It's even worse with a slow network, you often don't even know you've done it.