how to geothermal generator?

mojuave

how to geothermal generator?

by mojuave » Post

anyone know how this works?? there is one youtube video where it is set inside a cross and 2 lava 2 water was used diagonal from each other but all that did was make obsidian

LionsDen

Re: how to geothermal generator?

by LionsDen » Post

This should be posted on the technic mod thread.

I posted about this issue there a while ago. It used to be that water and lava wouldn't create obsidian but that was changed. That made the generator nearly useless. You could put lava on one side and water on the other and get only 50% power from it but that's it. Maybe you should bring it up on the technic thread again.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Code: Select all

-- Correct positioning is water on one side and lava on the other.
	-- The two cannot be adjacent because the lava the turns into obsidian or rock.
	-- To get to 100% production stack the water and lava one extra block down as well:
	--    WGL (W=Water, L=Lava, G=the generator, |=an LV cable)
	--    W|L

supercutsminetest

by supercutsminetest » Post

I can't get water to stack on water, or lava to stack on lava, when I empty a bucket, only one cell is filled, the bottom, regardless if there was already lava/water in it. Is this just me?

Nevermind - looked in the manual - https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... /manual.md.

"Currently, in the default Minetest game ... the only way to operate the geothermal generator is with it adjacent to one lava block and one water block, which are on opposite sides of the generator. If diagonal adjacency doesn't destroy lava, such as with the gloopblocks mod, then it is possible to ... increases the generator's output, with the maximum output achieved with two adjacent blocks of each liquid."