[clsd] A m. a. a way to give players interact. [rulesaccept]

Hybrid Dog

[clsd] A m. a. a way to give players interact. [rulesaccept]

by Hybrid Dog » Thu Oct 02, 2014 19:53

unused
Last edited by Hybrid Dog on Mon Nov 16, 2015 18:46, edited 3 times in total.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] A mod adding a way to give players interact. [rule

by Sokomine » Sat Oct 11, 2014 03:42

This is a good approach in general. The problem is that players may click on "accept" even if they have no clue about the rules - i.e. do not even speak the language the rules are written in - more or less by chance. I've encountered such players on a server. When asked about the rules they had accepted before, those players reported that they couldn't read the language.

Onaz' server has a very intresting approach to this. It presents a labyrinth to the player with diffrent signs offering diffrent alternatives - some of them very funny. The chances of players understanding the rules might be slightly higher that way, although it's no guarantee, and there's not always room for such a labyrinth. Having it on multiple servers might also get repetitive.

The combination of this mod here with a good protection mod and rollback capabilities might prove to be more than good enough on a server.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:12

Sokomine wrote:This is a good approach in general. The problem is that players may click on "accept" even if they have no clue about the rules - i.e. do not even speak the language the rules are written in - more or less by chance. I've encountered such players on a server. When asked about the rules they had accepted before, those players reported that they couldn't read the language.

Onaz' server has a very intresting approach to this. It presents a labyrinth to the player with diffrent signs offering diffrent alternatives - some of them very funny. The chances of players understanding the rules might be slightly higher that way, although it's no guarantee, and there's not always room for such a labyrinth. Having it on multiple servers might also get repetitive.

The combination of this mod here with a good protection mod and rollback capabilities might prove to be more than good enough on a server.
I think protections, rollback and this mod don't disallow players to let lava flow into someone's area and then blue lava comes…

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sat Oct 11, 2014 16:06

HybridDog wrote: think protections, rollback and this mod don't disallow players to let lava flow into someone's area and then blue lava comes…

There'll never be 100% protection on a working server. It's just one step into the direction of protecting buildings sligtly more.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Vazon

IRC: Vazon
In-game: Vazon

by Vazon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 19:54

on this note if you guys are looking for something like this, one of my admins has been developing a mod for this "rules" problem in general. the mod is currently being used on both "Minerealms" and "Minerealms-chat" if you guys would like to see it.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Tue Oct 14, 2014 15:49

Vazon wrote:on this note if you guys are looking for something like this, one of my admins has been developing a mod for this "rules" problem in general. the mod is currently being used on both "Minerealms" and "Minerealms-chat" if you guys would like to see it.

I saw it, it lets everyone get interact even without reading the rules, I tested it. G:

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Return to WIP Mods