[Mod] Moon realm [0.11.0] [moonrealm]

yaman

by yaman » Post

While I was mindlessly setting about building a 1x1 pillar of air generators, I stumbled upon these:Image
natural?
cdb_441578b89f39

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

yaman wrote:While I was mindlessly setting about building a 1x1 pillar of air generators, I stumbled upon these:
natural?
Yeah I have seen this too. Pretty sure it is not meant to be like that.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

If you're using indev mapgen those might be small bits of the core floatlands?
Use the mapgen parameter in minetest.conf to set floatlands higher than moonrealm, or otherwise use mapgen v6.

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

Another possibility is cavegen, cavegen will put holes through everything in moonrealm so it's best to disable that for your world if you can. In MT 0.4.9dev onwards you can use 'is_ground_content = false' in a node definition to stop enabled cavegen eating that node, this line will be added to moonrealm mod in the next version 0.6.6.

kpuonyer

by kpuonyer » Post

Whenever I try to use it, I get this error:
17:11:29: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...s\Will\Documents\minetest\bin\..\mods\moonrealm\init.lua:161: attempt to call method 'get_breath' (a nil value)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

kpuonyer wrote:Whenever I try to use it, I get this error:
17:11:29: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...s\Will\Documents\minetest\bin\..\mods\moonrealm\init.lua:161: attempt to call method 'get_breath' (a nil value)
case 1: 'get_breath' is 'nil' because player is 'nil'
case 2: 'get_breath' got added in a dev version of 0.4.7 (somewhere around there)

I think case 2 happened because you've got an old minetest version. Upgrade.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

kpuonyer

by kpuonyer » Post

I am using 0.4.7, so I suppose I should upgrade anyway. Sigh...
Thanks for the help, though.
Last edited by kpuonyer on Thu Feb 27, 2014 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

More importantly, all my best mapgens rely on the 'lua voxel manipulator' for fast (1-4 seconds per chunk) generation, that was added in 0.4.8 stable.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

kpuonyer wrote:I am using 0.4.7, so I suppose I should upgrade anyway. Sigh...
Thanks for the help, though.
I would recommend getting the latest development version of Minetest from GitHub.

Tobunchies
In-game: Tobunchies

by Tobunchies » Post

My spacesuit does not work.
This.Is.Dark Souls.

mike_dzl

Re: [Mod] Moon realm [0.6.5] [moonrealm]

by mike_dzl » Post

Was having fun exploring the moon, and found that if you follow some of the crevasses, and keep going down, eventually you fall right through the bottom and back to earth! LOL....preeeety cool!

paramat
Developer

Re: [Mod] Moon realm [0.7.0] [moonrealm]

by paramat » Post

SInglenode realm mode as default, with disabled clouds. This will disable clouds in your minetest.conf file, despite trying to re-enable clouds on leaveplayer they seem to stay disabled (Any ideas why this fails?).
You spawn inside a spawn egg and are provided with a spacesuit, punch your way out.
The search for spawn position searches for smooth terrain to 'land' on.
No falling nodes for the moment as this creates bugs.

We are on the sunlit side of the moon, which i assume is tidally locked, and is also at permanent full moon: opposition from the sun. I guess the moontest guys are on the dark side. 'Black sky with sun' skybox will be added at Minetest 0.4.10 stable.
Last edited by paramat on Tue Jun 10, 2014 02:25, edited 3 times in total.

paramat
Developer

Re: [Mod] Moon realm [0.7.1] [moonrealm]

by paramat » Post

More equipment is given at spawn, lights are inside the egg as yolk.
Terrain will not overwrite spawn egg, even if it is underground.
Fix time at noon, note time speed may be changed in your minetest.conf file.
Last edited by paramat on Wed Jul 16, 2014 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

paramat
Developer

Re: [Mod] Moon realm [0.7.1] [moonrealm]

by paramat » Post

Version 0.8.0
This is for Minetest 0.4.9 dev after the custom skybox commit.
Auto setting of skybox and light ratio in both singlenode and stacked realm modes. Overridng the light ratio keeps the surface bright independant of server time, essential for the stacked realm mode.
The airglow around the home world in the sky is sampled from it's dawn / dusk skies.

paramat
Developer

Re: [Mod] Moon realm [0.8.1] [moonrealm]

by paramat » Post

Version 0.8.1
Minetest 0.4.10 makes the custom skybox and 'override day/night ratio' a part of stable minetest, so this mod is now finally 'complete'.
Code has been updated to use the voxelmanip for spawning appletrees, vacuum and air spread, hydoponic liquid saturation and drying.
The terrain in this mod is the best mapgen i have created.
There is new text in the first post:

"By default a singlenode realm that uses the new custom skybox and 'override day/night ratio': the brightness of the terrain stays constant and is independant of server time in both singlenode or stackes realm modes.
If using as a realm stacked above a normal world, edit YMIN, YMAX and GRADCEN in the init.lua file. You can disable singlenode in the functions.lua file.
You will spawn inside an egg and be provided with a spacesuit and initial equipment. Break your way out of the egg and use the lights inside as your initial supply of lights.
Mine moon stone and build a sealed base, the airlock nodes can be walked through but will not let life support air pass, place the airgen node in the centre of the base and wait for the air to spread. Place hydroponic liquid in at least 2 nodes depth of moon dirt and wait for it to saturate and turn the moon dirt into orange moon 'soil', then plant a sapling, this will only grow in 2 nodes depth of moon soil under a 5x5x6 node volume of air.
The appletree provides apples and leaves for crafting more hydroponic liquid."
Last edited by paramat on Sun Feb 15, 2015 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

AnFiadhChu
GitHub: AnFiadhChu
IRC: AnFiadhChu
In-game: AnFiadhChu

by AnFiadhChu » Post

every time I try to start it I get "Error: ~/.minetest/mods/moonrealm/int.lua:176: attempt to call method 'set_sky' (a nil value)

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

AnFiadhChu wrote:every time I try to start it I get "Error: ~/.minetest/mods/moonrealm/int.lua:176: attempt to call method 'set_sky' (a nil value)
You need to use Minetest 0.4.10 or later for that function to work. It wasn't in the game yet in Minetest 0.4.9.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

WeaGamer1234
GitHub: WeaGamer1234
IRC: WeaGamer1234
In-game: WeaGamer1234

by WeaGamer1234 » Post

Helllpp
___________________________________________________________________________________
-------------
Separator
-------------

Irrlicht log: Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.1
Irrlicht log: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Irrlicht log: Using renderer: OpenGL 1.1.0
Irrlicht log: GDI Generic: Microsoft Corporation
Irrlicht log: OpenGL driver version is not 1.2 or better.
Irrlicht log: Failed to load OpenGL's multitexture extension, proceeding without.
Irrlicht log: Warning: OpenGL device only has one texture unit. Disabling multitexturing.
Irrlicht log: GLSL not available.
Irrlicht log: Resizing window (800 600)
20:40:06: ERROR[main]: Error loading mod "moonrealm-master": modname does not follow naming conventions: Only chararacters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
20:40:06: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Documents and Settings\Gabriel de sa\Desktop\minetest-0.4.10-win32\bin\..\mods\moonrealm-master\init.lua
20:40:06: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Documents and Settings\Gabriel de sa\Desktop\minetest-0.4.10-win32\bin\..\mods\moonrealm-master\init.lua
___________________________________________________________________________________

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

Rename the mod folder to "moonrealm", not "moonrealm-master". You should never have "-master" after a mod name.
Only modpacks can get away with it, and even then you can have trouble every now and then. Even if you converted the folder name to "moonrealmmaster" to fit the rules, it would break the mod, since it requires the name "moonrealm".

General rule of thumb: the folder should be named after the mod in the forum title, usually found in square brackets.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Post

This has to be from the best mods you made paramat! Though, there is one thing I would like to see. I would added myself, but I don't know:

-The air gen is awesome, but if by accident or during PvP events a wall is broken, the air will leak out. The air keeps spreading and lags the map.

Is it possible to add something that within an amount of time, the moonrealm:air turns into default:air? I would rather have that moonrealm:vacuum fill in and replace the default:air if anything happened instead of never-ending spread of air.

Thanks for an awesome mod!
EDIT: added more info
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Esteban wrote:This has to be from the best mods you made paramat! Though, there is one thing I would like to see. I would added myself, but I don't know:

-The air gen is awesome, but if by accident or during PvP events a wall is broken, the air will leak out. The air keeps spreading and lags the map.

Is it possible to add something that within an amount of time, the moonrealm:air turns into default:air? I would rather have that moonrealm:vacuum fill in and replace the default:air if anything happened instead of never-ending spread of air.

Thanks for an awesome mod!
EDIT: added more info
Or that air generator will place air to longer size and this air will not generate other air nodes. And air generator could be compatible with pipeworks mod too. I like this mod so much. SpaceBase server could be awesome.

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

The life support air uses node metadata to limit it's spread, it will expand in vacuum to create a bubble of air but won't spread further. This feature was added to fix the endless spread of life support air that mauvebic and i experienced early on in development.

This mod needs a furnace replacement, i'm considering adding a mod electric furnace powered by nearby solar panel nodes, instead of the default furnace powered by mese.
Then, all the air, machines and survival code will be ported into my 'asteroid' mod.
Last edited by paramat on Thu Oct 09, 2014 05:58, edited 1 time in total.

DarkgarX
In-game: DarkgarX

by DarkgarX » Post

I gave it a test, love it :) Good work bro.

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Post

paramat wrote:The life support air uses node metadata to limit it's spread, it will expand in vacuum to create a bubble of air but won't spread further. This feature was added to fix the endless spread of life support air that mauvebic and i experienced early on in development.
Thanks. I saw it spread, but I didn't knew it would stop eventually. Also I noticed that buildings must be closed squares or else the air leaks. Ex. If you try to build a sphere like building, you had to make like two layers to avoid leaks.

This mod needs a furnace replacement, i'm considering adding a mod electric furnace powered by nearby solar panel nodes, instead of the default furnace powered by mese.
Then, all the air, machines and survival code will be ported into my 'asteroid' mod.[/quote]
I will keep an eye to that mod! :)
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

Esteban wrote:Also I noticed that buildings must be closed squares or else the air leaks. Ex. If you try to build a sphere like building, you had to make like two layers to avoid leaks.
At one point life support air only spread through cube faces to avoid that, but that method was slower, i also decided that air pressure requires a really strong thick container and that edge- or corner- connected nodes should therefore be considered not good enough.

The custom furnace is going to be difficult for me, if only mauvebic was here ...