[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by VanessaE » Post

I got fed up with Wikia's user interface and the spammers that kept coming in (with no clear way to delete or block them), so moved the page content to my website instead, ages ago:

http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/vanessa ... guide.html

I did post a notice about it here in this thread when I moved it, and it is linked in the first post.... :-)

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Sort of need brass blocks texture as craftable stairs and modded by circular saw. Any chance that it can be?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sure, that's easily done, but the brass block (at least the one seen in Dreambuilder) is actually provided by the Technic mod, so such a change would be best made there.

DI3HARD139
GitHub: DI3HARD139
IRC: DI3HARD139
In-game: DI3HARD139 DI3HARD139_

by DI3HARD139 » Post

Im new so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area. I was wondering how to install this mod pack. I have extracted the files to <install directory>\mods and added load_mod_homedecor to the world.mt file but upon starting a server or single player mode it doesnt recognize it as existing. I have Mesecons installed and it's working ok.

EDIT: I got it working. I had to enable them via the main menu.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Updates - Some new things by jp: a new type of wood-and-glass door, similar to the "fancy" one but with a smaller, clear glass insert, a wrought-iron lantern like the kind that some homes have as a porch light has been added, and the small/thin candle has been re-done as a short candle with plantlike draw type.

Also, ovens got better front-side imagery (particularly noticeable on the "active" variants) and some minor tweaks have been made to the models and selection boxes for the type-2 wrought iron fences and their corner pieces.

Recipes for the new door and lamp will follow later.

EDIT: recipes added.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7824
Does anything in here interest you, VanessaE? Also, how about the mod linked to below?
https://github.com/ChaosWormz/dicormod

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I'll pass on those mods.

GingerHunter797
In-game: GingerHunter797

by GingerHunter797 » Post

Hello, I just want to say that this is an amazing mod pack! It is probably one of my favorites! But I have a request. The doors do not seem to face each other when I put them down together. I would really like it if you could fix this. Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

I don't know if it does this with the other doors that come in your modpack.
Other than that, your modpack is flawless and amazing!
Thanks for reading! 8D
http://i.imgur.com/gqXXUaI.png

3DS Friend Code: 2122-7173-2797
Add me as a friend! :D

Want to play a fun game? http://voxelands.com/

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Place the one on the left, first. Then place the one on the right.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

GingerHunter797
In-game: GingerHunter797

by GingerHunter797 » Post

Thank you so much! Sorry for the complaint.
http://i.imgur.com/gqXXUaI.png

3DS Friend Code: 2122-7173-2797
Add me as a friend! :D

Want to play a fun game? http://voxelands.com/

mtmodder148
GitHub: MT-Modder
In-game: mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

I get these errors and I'm using the current git. Seems like an easy fix for noob modders like me :).

Code: Select all

22:30:41: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "homedecor_door_woodglass2_right_inv.png" while building texture
22:30:41: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "homedecor_door_woodglass2_right_inv.png"
22:30:41: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "homedecor_door_woodglass_right_inv.png" while building texture
22:30:41: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "homedecor_door_woodglass_right_inv.png"

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sounds like you didn't get the whole modpack, or some files didn't extract properly?
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

Well I checked github and they weren't there. I also downloaded it again and searched through the files before extract and they weren't there either. Are you sure they are in the github repository because I don't see them. ???? I'm confused. lol

Edit:
I found the issue: https://github.com/VanessaE/homedecor_m ... s.lua#L240

If you replace "..side.." with "left" there won't be any error. Minetest is trying to register both sides' inventory image instead of only one. homedecor_door_woodglass_right_inv.png doesn't exist.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Ah, how did I miss that? Fixed in git. Thanks :)

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

Np. Happy to help. :)

LodeRunner

by LodeRunner » Post

I seem to be experiencing some trouble with the signs_lib.

1) The top line of text is partially cut off during initial entry. It's as though it's half-scrolled off the top of the frame.

2) Crashes. On some occasions, the program drops to desktop without warning when I'm initially entering the text. Other times, it happens when I'm editing an existing sign. In all cases, it happens without any lag, lockup, or other symptoms first--it just closes. The debug.txt file shows nothing unusual and doesn't register any error or program malfunction.

I'm running:

v4.10
minetest_game
several mods, but nothing else that has to do with signs (and I'm not using anything else from this modpack--I was only using the default signs, not the colored ones)

I removed the other signs mod (the one that was forked to make this one) as it kept hanging the program at random intervals. This may or may not be related--don't know.

Not sure what else you need to trace the problem, but I'll provide more if I can.
LodeRunner
Wait...didn't I just explore this cavern?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I know about the top line glitch, it's something in the way the client is handling the formspec. I'm not sure if it's a client bug or a bug in the mod (likely the former; the amount of cut-off is variable with window size).

You should definitely NOT be using the old signs mod - only use signs_lib if you use anything at all, as it supersedes the old one. This may be the source of your crashes. If the game/engine is still crashing without producing anything relevant in the debug log after you resolve that conflict, I can only suggest that you run the game in a debugger (gdb or similar) and submit a crash report to the Minetest developers.

LodeRunner

by LodeRunner » Post

VanessaE,

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my last message. Let me clarify a bit.

Initially, I tried the other sign mod fork that I mentioned in my last message. That was causing the hard locks. I removed that mod, ran the system, and that seemed to remove the hangs. Later, after running the system without any sign mod for a few times, I installed the homedecor modpack. I didn't mean to imply that I was running them both concurrently--my apologies.

Hmmm...I'll have to see about the debugger. For now, I've just disabled all the sign mods and revert to the defaults. As much as I'd like to have the text readable all the time, it's not essential.

Thanks for the prompt reply. :-)
LodeRunner
Wait...didn't I just explore this cavern?

Damian Adelle

Wooden shutters look weird

by Damian Adelle » Post

Hey Vanessa, this is one of my favorite mods, it's really beautiful and creative. And so far, I only have one issue. My wood shutters look like this:

I swear I have no idea why they look like that, it doesn't matter if they are unpainted or not, but they look like that, like a tar block combined with a wood beam of whatever color the shutter is. I'm using the mod in Carbone from Calinou, and everything else looks wonderful. Is there something I should check for?.
Thanks for such great mod.
I don't know who it is......... but it probably is fhqwhgads

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: Wooden shutters look weird

by Inocudom » Post

Damian Adelle wrote:Hey Vanessa, this is one of my favorite mods, it's really beautiful and creative. And so far, I only have one issue. My wood shutters look like this:

I swear I have no idea why they look like that, it doesn't matter if they are unpainted or not, but they look like that, like a tar block combined with a wood beam of whatever color the shutter is. I'm using the mod in Carbone from Calinou, and everything else looks wonderful. Is there something I should check for?.
Thanks for such great mod.
Give a recent development build of Minetest a try and see what happens.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

In order to avoid having to backtrack on changes made to the shutters, I had to turn them into wallmount meshes. There are three ways you can work around this:

1) Update to a development build of Minetest. Anything less than a month old will work. When 0.4.11 comes out, that'll work too, of course.
2) Roll Home Decor back a few steps to commit e3c16b41 and then revert commit fd1e5a51 if git will let you do that (it should work but I've not tried).
3) Just roll your copy of Home Decor back to commit 9cc5853c and wait for 0.4.11 to come out before you bring Home Decor back up-to-date.

Note that there will be more of these mesh nodes in this and my other mods, in the near future, and when that happens, you'll need option 1.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi VanessaE,

Please, can you take a look at this mod, and maybe add it into your modpack ?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10626&view=unread#unread

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interesting selection of doors there. Aside from it being practically brand new, I think I'd need some agreement on good recipes first, however.

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

Some of these doors are interesting but the medieval-ish ones couldn't fit into HomeDecor which aims to provide the actual, "modern" supplies that players are accustomed to.

By the way, the textures must be improved a bit... The glass emplacements looks like empty and need the adding of some white-ish little diagonal lines, as always on the glass textures.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

jp wrote:Some of these doors are interesting but the medieval-ish ones couldn't fit into HomeDecor which aims to provide the actual, "modern" supplies that players are accustomed to.

By the way, the textures must be improved a bit... The glass emplacements looks like empty and need the adding of some white-ish little diagonal lines, as always on the glass textures.
I released mydoors as a resource, not a mod. I was hoping people would use the textures in their own mods. Since many people like it but no one seems to be using it in their own mods I will make it into a full mod. I will include crafts. If you can make comments and suggestions on the mydoors thread I will see about making the changes.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here