[Mod] Pipeworks [git] [pipeworks]

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

Re: [Mod] Pipeworks [20131128] [pipeworks]

by Marshall_maz » Post

Hi all , I have a problem with chest to MV furnace setup.

I have normal wooden chest - filter - pipe - MV furnace.

The problem is , the chest keeps sending full stacks of items to the furnace. This causes items to be rejected by
the furnace and they land on top of it. The chest don't send one item at a time. For example , I put 20 lumps each of 4 different ores. The chest then send all 20 of ore one , they start to cook , but the chest send the following 20 and they then land on top of the furnace as it is still busy with the first twenty and can't accept the next 20 of a different ore. This just started to happen tonight. Before this setup was working correctly by sending 1 item at a time from the chest to the furnace. I don't know if this is a bug that crept in after an update today.
I have tried both item wise and stack wise filters , both have the same problem.

How can I get the filter/chest to send just 1 item at a time to the furnace ?

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

The last update to the repo was more than a week ago. I can also confirm that I am not seeing this behaviour with itemwise injectors.

As a temporary workaround you can have the tube run past your furnace and back to the chest, this way items won't just pop out, they will skip over it and end up back in the chest.

A top-down view of this would be:

Code: Select all

TTT
T TF
C T
I T
TTT
T=tube
F=furnace
C=chest
I=injector

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:The last update to the repo was more than a week ago. I can also confirm that I am not seeing this behaviour with itemwise injectors.

As a temporary workaround you can have the tube run past your furnace and back to the chest, this way items won't just pop out, they will skip over it and end up back in the chest.

A top-down view of this would be:

TTT
T TF
C T
I T
TTT
T=tube
F=furnace
C=chest
I=injector
The strange parts is , it only happens when I am not in the room. When I am in the room then the injector just takes 1 item at a time as it should. But when I leave the room and go do something else , then it goes bonkers and takes complete stacks. Weird ???

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Minetest has become self-aware and is playing with you...

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Marshall_maz wrote: The strange parts is , it only happens when I am not in the room. When I am in the room then the injector just takes 1 item at a time as it should. But when I leave the room and go do something else , then it goes bonkers and takes complete stacks. Weird ???
When you leave, how far away do you go? Typically if you are far enough away, things stop running altogether, which makes this even stranger.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Not very far , sometimes I just go out the building or down to a lower floor of the same building

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

By default the "active block range" is 2, and a block is 16x16x16 nodes, so depending on exact locations and dimensions, it's conceivable that you might move far enough away that part of your setup becomes inactive.

The world anchor in technic is intended for this sort of thing, keeping a limited number of mapblocks loaded and active, as if a player were there. See https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... rld-anchor. I've been using a number of these on a small server with great success.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:By default the "active block range" is 2, and a block is 16x16x16 nodes, so depending on exact locations and dimensions, it's conceivable that you might move far enough away that part of your setup becomes inactive.

The world anchor in technic is intended for this sort of thing, keeping a limited number of mapblocks loaded and active, as if a player were there. See https://github.com/minetest-technic/tec ... rld-anchor. I've been using a number of these on a small server with great success.
Yep I know that. And if it completely stopped working it would have made sense. But it keeps working , just incorrectly.
I decided to not use this setup anymore and rather I invested the time to create a big 12 furnace setup with sorting tubes. Now each type of lump goes to it's own furnace which sorted this problem out. Now it can send full stacks if it wants to as every furnace only handles one type of lump.

Re the anchor , already busy trying that since last night. See my comment here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9788

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

You should be aware that items will move even if they are not in loaded areas, however, whatever activates the injector will likely not trigger in an unloaded area. Moreover, furnaces and other machines will only work if a switching station they are connected to is in an active area, so look if that can be the cause of your problem.

rubberduck
IRC: rbduck
In-game: rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

i have an idea: some sort of a locked item transport system:

when you can craft locked tubes and locked tube related nodes, you would be able to take items out of your own locked chests.

for this you need a locked injector (which the owner can only use/dig), that can take items out of a locked chest, if the owner of the injector is the same owner from the chest.

locked tubes should not connect to "open" tubes, but there could be special tubes/nodes for this.

one tube/node could work like a one way tube into the locked tube (items can go into the locked tube but not from the locked into the open one, the other should allow both directions for items.

i just had this idea, but i don't know if this can be done so easy.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The chests in my locks mod provide support for the pipeworks mod. Pipeworks support can be switched on or off for each chest individually.
A list of my mods can be found here.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've updated the mesecons-compatible parts of this mod to use the latest mesecons API. Requires mesecons commit 5be179bf or newer.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

mtmodder148
GitHub: MT-Modder
In-game: mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

I get this error. I use current pipeworks and mesecons. Thank you in advance.

21:53:27: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\minetest-0.4.10-cb2d467-win32\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua:
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: ...bin\..\mods\minetest-mod-mesecons\mesecons_mvps\init.lua:24: table index is nil
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: 	...bin\..\mods\minetest-mod-mesecons\mesecons_mvps\init.lua:24: in function 'register_mvps_unmov'
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: 	...0-cb2d467-win32\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/item_transport.lua:468: in main chunk
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: 	[C]: in function 'dofile'
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: 	...test-0.4.10-cb2d467-win32\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua:114: in main chunk
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\minetest-0.4.10-cb2d467-win32\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua
21:53:27: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Thomas\Downloads\minetest-0.4.10-cb2d467-win32\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Mesecons is probably not as up-to-date as you think. Try updating it again from its git repository at https://github.com/Jeija/minetest-mod-mesecons .

Lots of changes were just made to it in the past 24 hours that affect a number of other mods.

What exactly were you doing when this happened?
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

I have the latest one from this commit: https://github.com/Jeija/minetest-mod-m ... 1778d3f5bc

The game didn't finish loading so I wasn't doing anything.

Edit:
And the latest pipeworks: https://github.com/VanessaE/pipeworks/c ... 4a5b712c85

Edit:
Oops I must have copied the folder wrong. I feel stupid lol. Thank you for your time :).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Does this happen if you start a new map?

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

All is good. I downloaded the most recent minetest build and downloaded the recent mesecons to the old build folder like an idiot. That's what I get for staying up til 3am lol. Everything is working fine thank you :)

Edit:
By the way I love all the mods you make. You are also an exceptional pixel artist.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Heh, it's okay, stuff happens! Thanks for the compliment. :-)

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

Is there an easy way for another mod to check if a pipe is full of water other than adding every single node to another localized table? Are full pipes in a special group?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

When you check a given position, just see if the node has both "pipeworks:" and "_loaded" in its name. Those are full pipes. Adding a group for that purpose would probably be pointless. :-)

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

Okay cool thank you. I'm still learning Lua so I hope I do it right :) Trial and error is the key to success.

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

Would I add a node to the pipe group to make a pipe connect to it?

Edit: Nvm I figured out what I needed to do :) Just needed to override: pipeworks.scan_pipe_surroundings(pos)

I'm making a hydroponics mod and wanted it to work with pipeworks if it's present. Everything works great, thanks for the string help.

CrisZ03

by CrisZ03 » Post

cool mod,but how to use the fountains?I live in russia and bad know English language.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The fountainhead is just a variation of the spigot, so you just need to put it at the end of a pipeline (it always points up), with an active pump and some water at the other end.

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

Just reporting this bug here too.
https://github.com/VanessaE/pipeworks/issues/78