[Mod] mydoors [mydoors]

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

[Mod] mydoors [mydoors]

by Don » Post

mydoors - over 50 doors
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Depends - Default
Download - mydoors - 0.4.13-dev and above
Download - mydoors - 0.4.13 and below
Github - mydoors
License - DWYWPL
Contributors - HybridDog, MaxCohen
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler
Last edited by Don on Tue Apr 05, 2016 00:00, edited 14 times in total.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

Re: [Mod]mydoors

by Esteban » Post

Nice mod!
I like the grey/red wooden door the most! Perfect for dungeons :3
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Yay! More doors!
Gonna test it.

EDIT: There are depends.txt~ and init.lua~ files in the archive, please remove those.
Also, the textures could be more natural, they are too "unicolor".
What's exactly the difference between the wooden and glass wooden door?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Don

by Don » Post

Krock wrote:Yay! More doors!
Gonna test it.

EDIT: There are depends.txt~ and init.lua~ files in the archive, please remove those.
Also, the textures could be more natural, they are too "unicolor".
What's exactly the difference between the wooden and glass wooden door?
depends.txt~ and init.lua~ files have been removed
Please note that this is something I made for myself and thought I would share. If you want the textures changed feel free to do so. I added a gimp file for people to change the textures if they please. If you want me to add your textures to this mod just send me the texture file.
The only difference between the wood and glass wood doors is one has nails and joints and the other one doesn't.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE might want these doors in her homedecor modpack.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

@Don
Very good work !

@Inocudom
it's true, i hope VanessaE will merge this beautiful doors in her modpack !

Don

by Don » Post

Inocudom wrote:VanessaE might want these doors in her homedecor modpack.
She is more than welcome to.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

These are sweet Don!

Don

by Don » Post

ExeterDad wrote:These are sweet Don!
Thanks

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Looks really nice. Those are 32px, right?

Don

by Don » Post

philipbenr wrote:Looks really nice. Those are 32px, right?
32px by 64px
They are double the lenght and width of the default doors.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

That's what I meant.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

dropbox annoyed me
Attachments
mydoors.zip
(61.69 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Don

Re:

by Don » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:dropbox annoyed me
Sorry about that. I have uploaded to github. Link is in first post.
I have decided to make this into a full mod including crafts. Their seems to be interest in these doors but I don't know of anyone that is going to use them in their own mod so I will continue it.

Don

by Don » Post

Mod has been updated to include 6 new wood blocks and crafts.
Please let me know what you think

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Mod]mydoors - now with crafts

by Sokomine » Post

Very nice doors. Those with the circular window might work well on ships of for kitchens in restaurants. The medieval ones fit perfectly into castles or other older houses. A more brownish version of that door might be nice. The wood glass door could perhaps be imprved a bit regarding its texture. Some shadows and shades of grey might give it some more depth, and the stained wood would be nicer with a 16px texture instead of 8. But alltogether, it's a very nice mod! Good doors are important and improve buildings a lot.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Don

by Don » Post

Sokomine wrote:Very nice doors. Those with the circular window might work well on ships of for kitchens in restaurants. The medieval ones fit perfectly into castles or other older houses. A more brownish version of that door might be nice. The wood glass door could perhaps be imprved a bit regarding its texture. Some shadows and shades of grey might give it some more depth, and the stained wood would be nicer with a 16px texture instead of 8. But alltogether, it's a very nice mod! Good doors are important and improve buildings a lot.
Thanks. Please feel free to fork and update textures. If I like your changes I will merge it and give you credit in the first post. Not that you need more credit after ll you do for this community.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Don wrote: Thanks. Please feel free to fork and update textures.
I'm sorry :-) I'm utterly incapable of creating useful textures using a computer. I usually hope that someone else does them for me :-)

It would be great to see your doors on servers so that people can build with them.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Don wrote: Thanks. Please feel free to fork and update textures.
I'm sorry :-) I'm utterly incapable of creating useful textures using a computer.
I could make a mod with which you can export a 16x16 texture from a 16x16x1 building/construction in minetest.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

@Sokomine:

http://philipbenr.wordpress.com/4-29-2014tutorial/
http://philipbenr.wordpress.com/9-26-2014tutorial/

These are two tutorials I wrote out just to give a little taste of GIMP. I currently have a bit of a problem with video recording, but I think I finally can get a mic working. But anyhow, these might be of help for texture creation. Also, the inspiration for those tutorials is at the links at the bottom of this site:

http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tut ... s/tsugumo/

Anyhow, that was a bit OT; But, when people complain about not being able to create textures, I hate it, so I created some tutorials. Anyhow, I hope that you do update them, Don. This is a good mod.

Don

by Don » Post

Not off topic. Greatly appreciated. I would love it if someone improved this mod

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote: I could make a mod with which you can export a 16x16 texture from a 16x16x1 building/construction in minetest.
Hm. For the usual 16x16 textures, that might not be a bad idea at all. Except that I see no way to handle all the colors one might wish to need. Would require a lot of blocks.
philipbenr wrote: These are two tutorials I wrote out just to give a little taste of GIMP. I currently have a bit of a problem with video recording, but I think I finally can get a mic working. But anyhow, these might be of help for texture creation. Also, the inspiration for those tutorials is at the links at the bottom of this site:
Thank you! I hope it will help a bit. But don't expect miracles, not even with a good tutorial. Perhaps I don't like the mouse as a drawing tool. I had no trouble with drawing/painting back in school and liked it a lot. But at a computer (no matter which program), painting becomes extremly difficult, uncreative and uninspiring.

fireuser

by fireuser » Post

This mod is great and could not be improved, Don. The only thing I can conceive that would improve the mod the possibility that it could have is 3D doorknobs, witch is currently impossible.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

fireuser wrote:This mod is great and could not be improved, Don. The only thing I can conceive that would improve the mod the possibility that it could have is 3D doorknobs, witch is currently impossible.
You could add special sounds.
Sokomine wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote: I could make a mod with which you can export a 16x16 texture from a 16x16x1 building/construction in minetest.
Would require a lot of blocks.
Are about 565 cubic nodes which can be found in the creative inventory enough ones?

Code: Select all

technic:blast_resistant_concrete, darkage:reinforced_wood_left, conifers:trunk_reversed, nether:netherrack_brick_black, hydro:promix, fireworks:firework_purple, clams:dirtalgae, mining_plus:bridgebuilder, moreblocks:split_stone_tile, extrablocks:invisible_path, ac:block_puntest, nether:forest_wood, connected_chests:chest_left, usesdirt:dirt_locked_chest, moreores:silver_block, moreblocks:wood_tile_up, default:stone_with_copper, ac:block5, default:ice, mesecons_detector:node_detector_off, technic:copper_locked_chest, diamonds:steelblock, technic:mv_grinder, tetris:arcade, streets:asphalt_arrow_left, mesecons_movestones:movestone, jdukebox:box8, sumpf:sumpf, sumpf:tree_horizontal, darkage:wood_shelves, default:obsidian, extrablocks:acid, technic:quarry, streets:emergencyphone, bones:bones, jdukebox:box3, extrablocks:marble_clean, moreblocks:trap_stone, riesenpilz:head_orange, moreblocks:wood_tile_left, mo:map, default:dirt_with_grass, default:desert_stonebrick, mesecons_random:removestone, technic:chernobylite_block, technic:silver_chest, extrablocks:tort, workers:miner, extrablocks:coalblock, dogblocks:dog_lb, moretrees:beech_planks, default:mese, sumpf:mossytree, sumpf:tree, technic:water_mill, quartz:chiseled, bushes:basket_mixed_berry, sumpf:eisen, dogblocks:dog_p, moreblocks:stone_tile, sumpf:junglestonebrick, moreblocks:wood_tile_flipped, technic:uranium0_block, seastonebrick:seastonebrick_redviolet, seastone:seastone_skyblue, ufos:furnace, usesdirt:dirt_chest, technic:coal_alloy_furnace, darkage:basalt, sumpf:sumpf2, default:chest, default:desert_sand, technic:lv_generator, riesenpilz:head_brown_bright, mesecons_teleporter:teleporter, extrablocks:gold, jdukebox:box4, laser:detector_powered, tnt:tnt_burning, riesenpilz:stem_brown, default:tree, moreblocks:horizontal_jungle_tree, seagravel:seagravel_lime, streets:asphalt_arrow_right, seastone:seastone_aqua, projects:vertenta, wool:magenta, moreores:mithril_block, technic:mithril_chest, multitest:blackstone_paved, moreblocks:coal_checker, titanium:titanium_plate, diamonds:garden_block, technic:template_motor, nether:fruit_leaves, nether:netherrack_brick, default:bookshelf, extrablocks:wall, technic:chromium_block, trunks:twigs, connected_chests:chest_locked_right, seastone:seastone_redviolet, technic:constructor_mk3_off, technic:frame_motor, technic:constructor_mk2_off, technic:brass_block, technic:constructor_mk1_off, mesecons_detector:object_detector_off, mesecons_lightstone:lightstone_yellow_off, technic:forcefield_emitter_off, technic:hv_battery_box0, technic:mv_extractor, caca:caca_bricks, seacobble:seacobble_cyan, money:admin_barter_shop, gt1111:b6t, darkage:reinforced_chalk, mesecons_switch:mesecon_switch_off, moretrees:willow_trunk, pipeworks:storage_tank_0, moretrees:spruce_trunk, nether:blood, technic:tool_workshop, technic:mv_centrifuge, technic:mv_electric_furnace, dogblocks:fur_bw, technic:mv_generator, technic:mv_battery_box0, darkage:reinforced_wood_right, moreblocks:iron_stone_bricks, titanium:titanium_in_ground, darkage:slate, nether:blood_stem_cooked, maze:closer, default:obsidian_brick, steel:plate_hard, riesenpilz:ground, seastonebrick:seastonebrick_magenta, technic:copper_chest, default:cobble, moreblocks:iron_stone, jdukebox:box, jdukebox:box5, mesecons_pistons:piston_sticky_off, nether:blood_top_cooked, darkage:straw, music:record, dogblocks:fur_y, seastone:seastone_cyan, technic:zinc_block, riesenpilz:stem_blue, wool:dark_grey, gt1111:a5t, weirdores:antimeseblock, mesecons_lightstone:lightstone_green_off, default:stone_with_gold, workers:cop, darkage:gneiss_cobble, default:copperblock, default:goldblock, ac:block9, mesecons_lightstone:lightstone_gray_off, moreblocks:horizontal_tree, weirdores:antigravity, seagravel:seagravel_magenta, mesecons_movestones:sticky_movestone, fireworks:firework_rainbow, titanium:titanium_tv_2, lantern:lamp, riesenpilz:head_white, nether:netherrack_blue, radio:radio, technic:lv_battery_box0, extrablocks:goldstone, default:sandstone, fireworks:firework_yellow, money:shop, multitest:rubberblock, nether:dirt_bottom, technic:uranium_block, moreblocks:circle_stone_bricks, seacobble:seacobble_lime, moretrees:oak_trunk, moretrees:spruce_planks, pipeworks:filter, technic:mithril_locked_chest, technic:lv_alloy_furnace, ac:bmg, default:diamondblock, default:junglewood, woodsoils:dirt_with_leaves_2, seacobble:seacobble_skyblue, pipeworks:mese_filter, workers:thief, nether:wood_empty, technic:lv_compressor, extrablocks:seakiller, moreblocks:wood_tile, ac:block3, dryplants:reed, technic:marble_bricks, riesenpilz:lamellas, streets:manhole, nether:blood_stem_empty, nether:netherrack_tiled, technic:music_player, technic:lv_extractor, technic:lv_grinder, technic:lv_electric_furnace, extrablocks:mossywall, mo:steinhin, tnt:tnt, moretrees:beech_trunk, ac:liner, default:tinblock, ac:wmg, streets:asphalt_arrow_straight, streets:asphalt_sideline, default:stone, default:bronzeblock, default:mossysandstone, technic:mv_alloy_furnace, moreblocks:cactus_checker, streets:asphalt_arrow_straight_right, streets:signworkshop, darkage:silt, default:coalblock, darkage:mud, technic:uranium35_block, technic:silver_locked_chest, usesdirt:dirt_brick, default:mossycobble, landup:pinewood, glow:stone, ac:block6b, multitest:blackstone, fireballs:earth, ac:blockline, ac:block6, extrablocks:fokni_gnebbrick, technic:injector, landup:snowblock, money:barter_shop, sumpf:junglestone, bushes:basket_empty, technic:gold_locked_chest, default:jungletree, moss:gravel_wet, default:stone_with_coal, seagravel:seagravel_redviolet, default:mossywood, workers:assassin, multitest:lamp, weirdores:rubyblock, landup:grass, mining_plus:breaknode, mining_plus:tunnelbomb, laser:detector, mesecons_commandblock:commandblock_off, technic:mineral_chromium, default:gravel, quartz:block, default:chest_locked, extrablocks:eating_chest, extrablocks:goldblock, moretrees:sequoia_trunk, extrablocks:goldbrick, extrablocks:fokni_gneb_ore, extrablocks:iringnite_ore, glow:lamp, default:wood, extrablocks:fokni_gneb, extrablocks:stonebrick, moretrees:oak_planks, nether:dirt, extrablocks:mossystonebrick, nether:netherrack_soil, fireworks:firework_green, mesecons_pistons:piston_normal_off, extrablocks:onefootstep, extrablocks:special, wool:red, default:desert_stone, extrablocks:iringnite_block, mesecons_random:ghoststone, jdukebox:box6, seagravel:seagravel_aqua, pipeworks:deployer_off, extrablocks:lapis_lazuli_block, caca:caca_brick, technic:stainless_steel_block, extrablocks:marble_tiling, conifers:trunk, extrablocks:marble_ore, nuke:hardcore_mese_tnt, nuke:hardcore_iron_tnt, nuke:mese_tnt, nuke:iron_tnt, usesdirt:dirt_furnace, default:mossybrick, default:mossysandstonebrick, technic:carbon_steel_block, usesdirt:dirt_stone, music:box, nether:furnace, seacobble:seacobble_magenta, nether:dirt_top, caca:caca_cobble, technic:cast_iron_block, woodsoils:grass_with_leaves_2, dogblocks:dog_ld, nether:netherrack, ac:block10, nether:extractor, nether:wood_cooked, riesenpilz:head_blue, moreblocks:iron_checker, default:sand, nether:blood_top, ac:block4, nether:blood_cooked, default:stone_with_iron, technic:mineral_zinc, nether:netherrack_black, moretrees:fir_planks, sumpf:peat, ac:block2, technic:iron_chest, riesenpilz:head_red, usesdirt:dirt_cobble_stone, fireworks:firework_orange, riesenpilz:stem, simple_machines:dig_machine, extrablocks:dried_dirt, darkage:desert_stone_with_iron, usesdirt:dirt_normal_glow, riesenpilz:head_blue_bright, teleporters:teleporter, pipeworks:grating, nether:wood, ac:block8, dogblocks:dog_ft, weirdores:stone_with_ruby, seagravel:seagravel_cyan, nyanland:cloudstone, seagravel:seagravel, darkage:dry_leaves, default:stone_with_diamond, sumpf:birk, seastonebrick:seastonebrick_skyblue, intersecting:light, seastonebrick:seastonebrick_lime, seastonebrick:seastonebrick, dogblocks:dog_b, technic:geothermal, mesecons_lightstone:lightstone_red_off, nether:blood_empty, seastone:seastone_magenta, wool:green, workers:guard, darkage:straw_bale, darkage:slate_tale, mo:hausblock, multitest:checkered_floor, darkage:ors, darkage:darkdirt, darkage:chalk, darkage:lamp, nether:blood_stem, extrablocks:lapis_lazuli_ore, mining_plus:polished_cobble, landup:destone, more_chests:cobble, darkage:serpentine, gt1111:a6t, multitest:hayblock, multitest:blackstone_brick, multitest:blackcobble, projects:vertopa, projects:verta, moreblocks:wood_tile_down, quartz:pillar, default:stone_with_tin, gt1111:b5t, darkage:gneiss, streets:asphalt_parking, darkage:cobble_with_plaster, music:box2, ac:block7, bushes:basket_gooseberry, bushes:basket_raspberry, bushes:basket_blueberry, bushes:basket_blackberry, bushes:basket_strawberry, sumpf:kohle, seastone:seastone, streets:asphalt_outer_edge, streets:asphalt_dashed_line, streets:asphalt_solid_line, home_builder:block, dogblocks:dog_bf, nether:tree, nuke:mossy_tnt, dogblocks:fur_o, wool:dark_green, wool:pink, moretrees:apple_tree_trunk, wool:violet, fireworks:firework_blue, wool:orange, wool:cyan, default:stone_with_mese, wool:yellow, wool:black, wool:grey, ac:block, default:sandstonebrick, caca:caca_block, riesenpilz:head_binge, connected_chests:chest_locked_left, home_builder:prep, default:basalt, darkage:shale, music:play, nyanland:healstone, jdukebox:box1, nyanland:clonestone, dogblocks:dog_r, nyanland:mesetree, riesenpilz:head_red_side, riesenpilz:head_brown_full, seacobble:seacobble, usesdirt:dirt_super_glow, titanium:titanium_tv_1, titanium:block, bobblocks:trap_grass, technic:template, darkage:basalt_cobble, seacobble:seacobble_redviolet, pipeworks:dispenser_off, darkage:reinforced_wood, more_chests:secret, moretrees:rubber_tree_planks, default:desert_cobble, moreblocks:wood_tile_full, technic:mineral_uranium, hydro:roastedcoffee, money:admin_shop, fireworks:firework_red, more_chests:shared, moreblocks:coal_stone, darkage:stone_brick, moretrees:apple_tree_planks, jdukebox:box2, seastone:seastone_lime, default:dirt_with_snow, mining_plus:autominer, default:clay, moretrees:palm_trunk, default:mesebrick, moretrees:willow_planks, steel:plate_soft, seagravel:seagravel_skyblue, default:furnace, default:nyancat_rainbow, dogblocks:dog_d, technic:iron_locked_chest, moreores:mineral_mithril, mo:puml, seastonebrick:seastonebrick_aqua, nether:netherrack_brick_blue, fireballs:lightice, moreblocks:empty_bookshelf, landup:stone, pipeworks:trashcan, mo:pum, darkage:slate_cobble, default:stonebrick, moretrees:rubber_tree_trunk_empty, moretrees:acacia_trunk, pathv6:wood, wool:brown, nether:white, default:nyancat, extrablocks:previous_cobble, riesenpilz:head_brown, default:mossydesert_stonebrick, mo:glasplacer, intersecting:luxore, seacobble:seacobble_aqua, jdukebox:box7, woodsoils:grass_with_leaves_1, woodsoils:dirt_with_leaves_1, steel:plate_rusted, default:cactus, default:brick, ac:nmg, moreblocks:wood_tile_right, darkage:ors_cobble, moretrees:rubber_tree_trunk, pathv6:path, moreblocks:cactus_brick, workers:builder, dryplants:wetreed, workers:harvester, technic:gold_chest, technic:mv_compressor, riesenpilz:head_yellow, mesecons_noteblock:noteblock, clams:sandalgaeused, dogblocks:fur_b, default:dirt, streets:asphalt_arrow_alldirs, moretrees:sequoia_planks, moretrees:birch_trunk, moretrees:palm_planks, mesecons_lightstone:lightstone_blue_off, bobblocks:health_off, wool:blue, technic:marble, clams:sandalgae, moretrees:acacia_planks, clams:dirtalgaeused, moretrees:pine_trunk, pipeworks:autocrafter, more_chests:wifi, connected_chests:chest_right, dogblocks:fur_w, moretrees:fir_trunk, moretrees:pine_planks, bobblocks:health_on, default:snowblock, more_chests:dropbox, quartz:quartz_ore, moreblocks:all_faces_tree, moreblocks:wood_tile_center, seastonebrick:seastonebrick_cyan, landup:pinetree, dogblocks:dog_gs, technic:concrete, pathv6:tree, darkage:box, sumpf:cobble, darkage:schist, default:mossyjunglewood, extrablocks:space, darkage:marble, technic:granite, default:steelblock, technic:hv_generator, moreores:mineral_tin, intersecting:luxoff, streets:asphalt, nyanland:cloudstone_var, wool:white, streets:asphalt_arrow_straight_left, darkage:adobe, pipeworks:nodebreaker_off, moreblocks:plankstone, moreores:tin_block, workers:gardener, moreores:mineral_silver, nether:blood_top_empty, moretrees:birch_planks, mesecons_lightstone:lightstone_darkgray_off

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Don

by Don » Post

fireuser wrote:This mod is great and could not be improved, Don. The only thing I can conceive that would improve the mod the possibility that it could have is 3D doorknobs, witch is currently impossible.
Thanks.