[GAME] Moontest! (Back from the Dead!) [GAME]

Zsoltisawesome
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

Re: [GAME] Moontest! (Back from the Dead!) [GAME]

by Zsoltisawesome » Post

HeroOfTheWinds wrote:I noticed that this hasn't been really updated lately, so I'll give a short rundown of recent additions and changes...
Zsoltisawesome wrote:Current issues: Spacesuits don't work, vacuum doesn't spread, caves spawn with air, not vacuum, vacuum only goes up to the normal water level...
I hate bugs...
All of these are now fixed! I am the vacuum master!
Lua Voxel Manipulator reigns supreme now.

Ores have been largely changed, only Mese and iron return from regular Minetest right now. In place of coal, we now have phosphorus. The new titanium has been added as a highly durable metal, and now there is a new ore called Lunarium that is better than even diamond. (Think of it as moon mese) Silicon can also be found, and it drops the same silicon used in Mesecons. Tools can be crafted from titanium and lunarium.

Light Crystals can now be crafted into light sticks, which have a recipe modeled after torches and give off light just tad bit dimmer than regular torches. Speaking of regular torches, they now go out and become unlit if they are placed in a vacuum. Place them in air from an airgen, though, and it's all good. To relight a torch that's gone out, rightclick it with a stick while in air.

Airgen was bugged, it would spread air out even in total vacuum. Also, if a sealed room became unsealed, the air wouldn't leave. Needless to say, fixed. Several similar errors occurred with liquids, those were also fixed.

Moon trees have been added to provide a source of wood. They are basically monochrome versions of regular trees, and spawn very few and far apart.

Zeg9's UFOs have been added, modified to travel faster and run on lunarium lumps instead of obsidian shards.

New node, half-functional, half-decorative: Air Shield. Can be passed through like trapstone from moreblocks, and has a snazzy animated texture. Use it for doors on buildings with air inside.

Stay tuned for more!
Thanks much for keeping it updated!

Zsoltisawesome

by Zsoltisawesome » Post

its gone guys, I just deleted moontest from my github...

its gone...

forever...

Bye guys!

EDIT: Amaz has taken over, see first post

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Zsoltisawesome wrote:<snip>
Why?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Zsoltisawesome

by Zsoltisawesome » Post

'twas a huge responsibility, and Amaz has done most of the work to date, so I figured that he could have it...

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Please could you add me as a contributor in the README? I wrote the footprints, air/vacuum spread and hydroponics codes. I also created 15 of the textures.
Also, i know that some of the air/vacuum spreading code has been rewritten, but you might want to revert to my original code as it was carefully designed and tested over months by mauvebic and myself. Some of the air/vacuum behaviour might have seemed odd but it was that way for good reasons, one of which is avoiding uncontrolled and exponential life support air spread which can cause an ABM server meltdown. If you experience unexplained server slowdown that might be the reason.

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

paramat wrote:Please could you add me as a contributor in the README? I wrote the footprints, air/vacuum spread and hydroponics codes. I also created 15 of the textures.
Also, i know that some of the air/vacuum spreading code has been rewritten, but you might want to revert to my original code as it was carefully designed and tested over months by mauvebic and myself. Some of the air/vacuum behaviour might have seemed odd but it was that way for good reasons, one of which is avoiding uncontrolled and exponential life support air spread which can cause an ABM server meltdown. If you experience unexplained server slowdown that might be the reason.
Regarding the air/vacuum rewrite: I was very careful to prevent said meltdown. I made it so that vacuum always had dominance, and rather than having air spread slowly from the source, I just had the LVM scan the maximum radius of the air generator, and fill all vacuum within range with air, just once, on placement. Thus, any air that gets generated outside the structure quickly gets eaten away by the vacuum. However, if you still see some possibility for error in that logic, I shall yield to your experience. In my tests, I didn't have much trouble, and your old code allowed air to exist in open spaces, while mine quickly (usually in 1-3 seconds max) cleans up air that shouldn't exist.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

A few days ago, l made a little hole into the hull of the Apollo moon station. Then there was a little vacuum node in it. After that l closed the hole to avoid that more air moves out. But for any reason the whole air disappeared like flowing water disappears without source.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

Okay thanks HOTWinds, wanted to check it was done right. Your method sounds better actually, good idea.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

That were some of paramat's 15 textures?
https://github.com/Amaz1/moontest/pull/2/files

l know a function to get e.g. every water node of a sea, even if the sea is curved and l already use it:
https://github.com/HybridDog/extrablock ... t.lua#L302

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

Out of those in your link, the original dust, dustprint1/2, soil and stone were mine CC BY SA.

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Could some asteroids float in the "air" ?

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

is this still being worked on anywhere?

ANYWAY:
On the moon (in real life), the earth stays in the same position in the sky all the time. This is because the same side of the moon always faces the earth.
The moon has a day/night cycle lasting almost a month (29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes, 3 seconds on average), which is 7.5 real-life hours when it is to scale with the normal in-game day/night cycle (96x faster than real life)
This might be inconvienent, however.

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

This is in fact still being worked on, primarily over on OldCoder's Moontest server. Nothing too big has been done yet, but I have something huge in development for it... just not ready yet. I will say this: Moontest may no longer be just the moon. There has been a lot of bugfixing going on in the background too, and there's an ingame wiki page on the server saying what other bugs are up for fixing. Progress will be better once I'm on break from college...
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

HeroOfTheWinds wrote: This is in fact still being worked on, primarily over on OldCoder's Moontest server. Nothing too big has been done yet, but I have something huge in development for it... just not ready yet. I will say this: Moontest may no longer be just the moon. There has been a lot of bugfixing going on in the background too, and there's an ingame wiki page on the server saying what other bugs are up for fixing. Progress will be better once I'm on break from college...
That sounds very promising! Moontest has such a nice background texture that it's fun to visit just in order to take a look at the stars. Gameplay as such could use some more improvements (another type of "tree" that fits more to the environment; maybe more like vines etc.)
A list of my mods can be found here.

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

I plan to use your methods for air and vacuum in moonrealm mod as they seem better, thanks.