[Game] Carbone [carbone] – minetest_game, improved

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Inocudom wrote:I don't think your version of itemframes in this sub-game has the following commits:
https://github.com/VanessaE/minetest-it ... e16e1b2403
https://github.com/VanessaE/minetest-it ... 873b117244
Could you please add these commits to your version?
you could also use submodules

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:you could also use submodules
I don't think submodules are included in .zip/.tar.gz downloads.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Calinou wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:you could also use submodules
I don't think submodules are included in .zip/.tar.gz downloads.
They aren't.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Mmh … Is there a way to tweak the mobs? I’m speaking of that red eyed stone mob to be precise.

Seeing one of them usually means death for me. A few weeks ago I learned that it’s possible to kill them with a pickaxe. But since back then it never worked again for me.

I don’t want to disable them completely, I just don’t want them to kill me with three to five hits while I repeatedly flailing at them and hitting them at least 10-15 times (visual and acoustic notification of successfully hitting the mob) without killing them before they kill me.

I like a nice challenge but this is just unfair and annoying … :(

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:Mmh … Is there a way to tweak the mobs? I’m speaking of that red eyed stone mob to be precise.

Seeing one of them usually means death for me. A few weeks ago I learned that it’s possible to kill them with a pickaxe. But since back then it never worked again for me.

I don’t want to disable them completely, I just don’t want them to kill me with three to five hits while I repeatedly flailing at them and hitting them at least 10-15 times (visual and acoustic notification of successfully hitting the mob) without killing them before they kill me.

I like a nice challenge but this is just unfair and annoying … :(
Edit mods/mobs/init.lua, search for stone_monster, edit the damage and health values. I will slightly nerf them.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Independently from that: I just git pull’d the latest version … Is it me or do almost all textures look more noisy now? (Not sure if I like it more or if it really caused by Carbone since I updated all of my mods *g*)

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:Independently from that: I just git pull’d the latest version … Is it me or do almost all textures look more noisy now? (Not sure if I like it more or if it really caused by Carbone since I updated all of my mods *g*)
I increased the contrast of some textures (grass and natural stone aren't so smooth in real life). Be sure to enable mip-mapping and anisotropic filtering, if you think it is too noisy.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Calinou wrote:Be sure to enable mip-mapping and anisotropic filtering
I’m not gonna do this on my 8 yeas old hardware (even though it works without recording) :)

I’m not talking about the effects that can be prevented with anisotropic filtering and stuff, I meant the textures on their own.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Calinou wrote:
Linuxdirk wrote:Independently from that: I just git pull’d the latest version … Is it me or do almost all textures look more noisy now? (Not sure if I like it more or if it really caused by Carbone since I updated all of my mods *g*)
I increased the contrast of some textures (grass and natural stone aren't so smooth in real life). Be sure to enable mip-mapping and anisotropic filtering, if you think it is too noisy.
I only use mip mapping, what is anisotropic filtering good for in combination with mip mapping?

Linuxdirk wrote:
Calinou wrote:Be sure to enable mip-mapping and anisotropic filtering
I’m not gonna do this on my 8 yeas old hardware (even though it works without recording) :)

I’m not talking about the effects that can be prevented with anisotropic filtering and stuff, I meant the textures on their own.
I think mip mapping increases performance.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Damian Adelle

Can't craft more bronze ingots

by Damian Adelle » Post

I've been playing this mod a couple of weeks by now, and I've found this to be the most complete improvement mod out there (although there are some things I would love to see here, like more mobs, more deco items, more random buildings like the ones in Lords of Test), but I have a problem now that I didn't had the first time I started to play in my current map, I cannot craft bronze ingots anymore :S. I put copper ingots and tin ingots but there's nothing in the output. I was able to craft some bronze ingots before, but now I don't have any single clue why. I started my map using some mods: vanessa home decorative, animals modpack 2.4.2, kpg mobs, and this xcoins mod to give some use to the hundreds and hundreds of copper coins I get while doing stuff.
Is there a file I can check to find out why I cannot craft more bronze?. Please, some help would be really appreciated.

p.s. I also gotta say that, this Meze block thing was like a bad joke, I'm fairly new to this mine-world, and then I find these super glowing yellow bricks, and I just kept dying out of nowhere, until I found out some obscure link in google that pointed out to the particular meze block file that says it's just there to screw people to think it's a real Mese block when it's just a deadly trap. Really, not cool :/
I don't know who it is......... but it probably is fhqwhgads

Calinou

Re: Can't craft more bronze ingots

by Calinou » Post

Damian Adelle wrote:I've been playing this mod a couple of weeks by now, and I've found this to be the most complete improvement mod out there (although there are some things I would love to see here, like more mobs, more deco items, more random buildings like the ones in Lords of Test), but I have a problem now that I didn't had the first time I started to play in my current map, I cannot craft bronze ingots anymore :S. I put copper ingots and tin ingots but there's nothing in the output. I was able to craft some bronze ingots before, but now I don't have any single clue why. I started my map using some mods: vanessa home decorative, animals modpack 2.4.2, kpg mobs, and this xcoins mod to give some use to the hundreds and hundreds of copper coins I get while doing stuff.
Is there a file I can check to find out why I cannot craft more bronze?. Please, some help would be really appreciated.
To craft a bronze ingot, you use a copper ingot and a tin ingot (from the default mod of Carbone, that is, not the one from More Ores); not a copper ingot and a steel ingot either.
Damian Adelle wrote:p.s. I also gotta say that, this Meze block thing was like a bad joke, I'm fairly new to this mine-world, and then I find these super glowing yellow bricks, and I just kept dying out of nowhere, until I found out some obscure link in google that pointed out to the particular meze block file that says it's just there to screw people to think it's a real Mese block when it's just a deadly trap. Really, not cool :/
I added a warning about Meze blocks on this topic for now.

Damian Adelle

by Damian Adelle » Post

Calinou wrote: I added a warning about Meze blocks on this topic for now.
Oops, sorry hehe, guess I was too excited about playing the mod I didn't read the entire description. My bad.

I found out that I had two kinds of tin ingots:

The ones I can craft to bronze:

And these other ones that look like blue soap bars, that are only good to craft weapons/tools/armor:

I suppose the second tin ingot it's from the more ore mod?, or are they from the Lord of Test?, I still don't know how I was able to craft two kinds of ingots, I didn't do anything special to get one kind, can I disable this?, or I'll have to start a new map with Lord of Test mod disabled to solve this?, I don't have enabled lottblocks though, so I don't know how this can happen. Thanks by the way :)
I don't know who it is......... but it probably is fhqwhgads

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Maybe the second one is from More Ores.

I added a recipe in Carbone which uses the More Ores tin ingot.

digitalmouse
GitHub: digitalmouse
IRC: digitalmouse
In-game: digitalmouse

by digitalmouse » Post

ImageScreen Shot 2014-12-10 at 23.13.39 by jimm pratt, on Flickr

Greetings! Love the mod - having lots of fun tinkering with various bits. Just running into a problem: using 5 steel ingots in a U shape does not appear to make rail carts. Am i missing something?
Minetest experimental server running on 900Mhz Raspberry Pi: pi.god.jp:30000

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

digitalmouse wrote:Greetings! Love the mod - having lots of fun tinkering with various bits. Just running into a problem: using 5 steel ingots in a U shape does not appear to make rail carts. Am i missing something?
Are you sure they are steel ingots, not silver ingots?

I could perhaps add a recipe for making carts using all ingots, not just steel ones.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Calinou wrote:I could perhaps add a recipe for making carts using all ingots, not just steel ones.
But then you should add different carts, too. They could have different speed and acceleration according to the material they’re build of.

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Calinou wrote:I could perhaps add a recipe for making carts using all ingots, not just steel ones.
But then you should add different carts, too. They could have different speed and acceleration according to the material they’re build of.
That requires repeating a lot of code and creating more entities, I don't feel like it.

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

I made a Debian/Ubuntu/Mint package, please test: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/823 ... arbone.deb

This will work only when a packaged Minetest is installed (from a PPA or official repositories).

jadedtest
GitHub: jadedctrl
IRC: jadedctrl
In-game: jadedctrl

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – minetest_game, improved

by jadedtest » Post

Carbone is probably the best Minetest sub-game I've played in quite a while!
For some reason, since I woke up this morning, upon trying to restart my server or do multiplayer I get the following error:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ServerError'
what(): .../jadon/.minetest/games/carbone/mods/default/init.lua:132: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value
stack traceback:
.../jadon/.minetest/games/carbone/mods/default/init.lua:132: in function '?'
/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:348: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:336>
Aborted (core dumped)
Do you happen to know how to fix this?
Sorry for being an imbicile...
Thank you!
cdb_85f468c50cda

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

jadedtest wrote:Carbone is probably the best Minetest sub-game I've played in quite a while!
For some reason, since I woke up this morning, upon trying to restart my server or do multiplayer I get the following error:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ServerError'
what(): .../jadon/.minetest/games/carbone/mods/default/init.lua:132: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value
stack traceback:
.../jadon/.minetest/games/carbone/mods/default/init.lua:132: in function '?'
/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:348: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:336>
Aborted (core dumped)
Do you happen to know how to fix this?
Sorry for being an imbicile...
Thank you!
I can't reproduce this (the game loads fine), make sure both Carbone and Minetest are up-to-date.

jadedtest
GitHub: jadedctrl
IRC: jadedctrl
In-game: jadedctrl

by jadedtest » Post

Sorry about that, I failed completely. I had an apostrophe before max_users in minetest.conf- it was so miniscule admist the text with my font that it took multiple evaluations to finally catch it.
cdb_85f468c50cda

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Calinou wrote:
Linuxdirk wrote:
That requires repeating a lot of code and creating more entities, I don't feel like it.
What about a loop for that? I did this for adding recipes for the coins and just iterated over the different materials :) I’m pretty sure that would be possible for carts, too :)

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

l saw that the lavacooling of carbone still has my old mistake: update_liquid is missing

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

digitalmouse
GitHub: digitalmouse
IRC: digitalmouse
In-game: digitalmouse

by digitalmouse » Post

Calinou wrote: Are you sure they are steel ingots, not silver ingots?
Yep!

Minetest experimental server running on 900Mhz Raspberry Pi: pi.god.jp:30000

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

I’m not sure … But what about the strength of the mobs? You already adjusted it a little a few weeks ago.

Maybe I’m doing this wrong, but I think the mobs are VERY hard for not being endboss-like enemies but regular foes :)

Check here for a typical fight (killed me one time before. Please ignore my random talking *g* It’ not about the video it’s just about the fight). I had steel armor except iron boots and a steel shield and used a silver pickaxe.

See health bar at the end … Is it intended to be that hard or am I just stupid? :)