[macOS] Neoascetic's nightly builds and others

Morn76

Re: [OS X] Morn76's Mavericks/Yosemite builds

by Morn76 » Post

RGA wrote:The second problem when I run my build, i have an error when I create a world :

Code: Select all

ERROR : no worldname given or no game selected

I have not more investigated this problem (but I had the keyboard and I have given a name to the world) so I have no more to explain about it. I will watch the code when I can run my build.
Just click on the subgame again (bottom row icons). Sometimes they deselect themselves and then you will get "no game selected" when creating a new world.

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Post

Hello Morn76!

I'm drifting to another project (rendering neverwinter nights maps in Minetest), but would you like me to try building something? I have a MacBookPro7,1 Intel Core 2 Duo running OSX 10.6.8 and a new macbook pro with four processors and Maverick.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Hi OmniStudent!

It would be interesting to see if you can duplicate Megaf's issues with FreeType, OpenGL 2, and low framerates under Yosemite, but if you are still on Mavericks that doesn't help. :-)

Megaf
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Post

Morn76 wrote:Hi OmniStudent!

It would be interesting to see if you can duplicate Megaf's issues with FreeType, OpenGL 2, and low framerates under Yosemite, but if you are still on Mavericks that doesn't help. :-)
Actually the framerate itself is very good, problem is the mouse movement.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

New build 20141210.dcc4897

Now you can use Ctrl-V to paste into the chat dialog box.

MinerDad

Re: [OS X] Morn76's Yosemite builds

by MinerDad » Post

I just downloaded the latest build (minetest-osx-bin-20141210.dcc4897.zip) and when I try and run it, it throws an error:

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../../libs/libfreetype.6.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME//Applications/minetest.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/bin/minetest
Reason: image not found

Looking in the libs directory, I don't see a libfreetype. Am I supposed to install freetype myself?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Oops, I think that was due to the FreeType-less build I did for Megaf. I've uploaded a new ZIP file to GitHub.

Thanks for testing!

MinerDad

by MinerDad » Post

Morn76 wrote:Oops, I think that was due to the FreeType-less build I did for Megaf. I've uploaded a new ZIP file to GitHub.

Thanks for testing!
That fixed it. Thanks.

I have a question. Where do I put mods and subgames? Do I place them in /Applications/minetest.app/Contents/Resources/bin/share or do I put them in ~/.minetest?

MinerDad

by MinerDad » Post

MinerDad wrote:
Morn76 wrote:Oops, I think that was due to the FreeType-less build I did for Megaf. I've uploaded a new ZIP file to GitHub.

Thanks for testing!
That fixed it. Thanks.

I have a question. Where do I put mods and subgames? Do I place them in /Applications/minetest.app/Contents/Resources/bin/share or do I put them in ~/.minetest?
Ignore this question. I just re-read the initial post and I can see that it already answered this.

MinerDad

by MinerDad » Post

I'm trying to build minetest using your script and I'm getting the following error when I run the final minetest.app:

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../../libs/libpng16.16.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME//Users/*/minetest.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/bin/minetest
Reason: Incompatible library version: minetest requires version 32.0.0 or later, but libpng16.16.dylib provides version 27.0.0

I'm running 10.10.1 and I've run "brew update", "brew upgrade" and reinstalled libpng with brew. Any ideas?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

I think you need to update the libs directory with build_libs.sh which should copy the correct libraries into minetest.app/Contents/libs/.

Of course if you intented to run MT on a machine that has all dependencies installed in /usr/local, you can remove the line with dylibbundler from make_mac.sh altogether. Changing the install names with dylibbundler and updating the libs directory in the app is only necessary for running MT on machines without the required libraries.

P.S. I've changed it so that build_libs.sh is now run by make_mac.sh every time you build MT. This should also keep me from uploading builds with missing libraries. :-)

MinerDad

by MinerDad » Post

Updating make_mac.sh and running it worked for me. Thanks.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

New build 20141215.df0ca45 — mainly with updated translations and various bug fixes. 0.4.11 is coming closer I think. ;-)

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

i am trying to help someone get minetest compiled for thier mac but i don't know how to (they use mac OSX Version 10.7.5) but they can't install xcode so i don't know how to compile minetest on that version of mac OS X

i use linux is there a way i can cross compile

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

I think you need Xcode 4.6.3 for OS X Lion. If you cannot get that anywhere, maybe you could install Wine and use a Windows MT binary. Supposedly it works pretty well via Wine.

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

Morn76 wrote:I think you need Xcode 4.6.3 for OS X Lion. If you cannot get that anywhere, maybe you could install Wine and use a Windows MT binary. Supposedly it works pretty well via Wine.
um where do you seggest i get that version of xcode?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Apple Developer (I think there is a free membership for old downloads like Xcode.)

Of course even if you can get the right Xcode, you also need the dependencies such as Irrlicht, so maybe you should find out first if Homebrew can build those packages on 10.7 at all. If it can't, skip Xcode and look into Wine.

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Thanks for the warnings, good job. Now I know how to go down ladders! I used to just hop down.
You might want to add a warning that sometimes the"clicking point" will change to the bottom of the mouse. Frustrating if you dont know whats going on like i did.
I test mines.

Joby
GitHub: JobyB

by Joby » Post

Hi,

Just downloaded minetest-osx-bin-20141215.df0ca45.zip seems to work great except the touchpad on my MBP its really temperamental for looking around, clicks are fine but movement is terrible.

I had to go back to build minetest-osx-bin-20140903.8948907-yosemite-v3.zip which works fine. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

SAMIAMNOT wrote: You might want to add a warning that sometimes the"clicking point" will change to the bottom of the mouse. Frustrating if you dont know whats going on like i did.
I've never really noticed that. You mean the bottom of the crosshair?
Joby wrote:Hi,

Just downloaded minetest-osx-bin-20141215.df0ca45.zip seems to work great except the touchpad on my MBP its really temperamental for looking around, clicks are fine but movement is terrible.

I had to go back to build minetest-osx-bin-20140903.8948907-yosemite-v3.zip which works fine. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Works for me as usual on my MB. You could try lowering the global OS X trackpad speed and see if that affects MT.

Joby

by Joby » Post

Morn76 wrote: Works for me as usual on my MB. You could try lowering the global OS X trackpad speed and see if that affects MT.
Thanks for the suggestion, but did not help, I tried both lowering it to minimum and putting it up fairly high. It did change the camera movement speed, but the glitching/stickiness was still there.

I tried to compile from src, but the binary crashes on startup, so looks like I have some more work to do there too

MinerDad

by MinerDad » Post

I see this same issue. I'm working on doing a bisect to figure out when it happened.

MinerDad

by MinerDad » Post

MinerDad wrote:

I see this same issue. I'm working on doing a bisect to figure out when it happened.
I thought that old build was better for me but it isn't.

Joby

by Joby » Post

let me know if I can help in any way, I'm new to minetest but am a software engineer so point me in the right direction if needed.

I have a feeling it was introduced with 9b551d5cbcaf71a8c39bbf7e886290649aed4799 I'll see if I can find a build after this commit, before the next.

Edit: seems the latest code wont run, I built using mtmake-osx build scripts, app runs, black screen and then crash.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Joby wrote: Edit: seems the latest code wont run, I built using mtmake-osx build scripts, app runs, black screen and then crash.
Minetest versions from between September and December need the u64 patch applied to build. So make sure to use commit 8010e8 of mtmake-osx or add the patch to the latest version.

Trackpad jumpiness under Yosemite has also been reported e.g. here and here. Is everyone who is reporting this issue using a MBP?