[Mod] Kick voting [0.1] [kick_voting]

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

[Mod] Kick voting [0.1] [kick_voting]

by lag01 » Post

Mod for Minetest game. Allow players to vote to make life of griefers and aggressive players harder.

This mod purpose is to allow players deal with griefers and aggressive players. Without intervention of server admin or moderators.

With enough vote overweight, griefer will respawn in "jail" (0,-2,0) instead of spawn point. Or you can code your own punishment procedure using code at the end of init.lua file as example.

Votes and punishments are assigned by IP. IP's are not saved to map data.

This mod code is licensed under the GNU LGPLv2.1 or later.
License for texture: CC BY-SA 3.0
Mod dependencies: default

Download zip
Browse on GitHub

Attachments
screenshot_1838111498.png
screenshot_1838111498.png (173.26 KiB) Viewed 1318 times

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

Re: [Mod] Kick voting [0.1][kick_voting]

by ExeterDad » Post

Excellent!

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

Re: [Mod] Kick voting [0.1] [kick_voting]

by Don » Post

+1
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

+1
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Nice, I had a similar idea a while ago, where it would be possible to vote for commands like /time, /kick and /ban.

The texture coulde be better but the mod does its job well :)
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Nice mod :)
As for the idea - an old mod of mine (1,5 y.o.) had commands for voting for/against admins/moders/bans/kicks, dealt with trespassing and different abuses like fire, pistons or even TNT...
But no one have used that ever since I've posted the sources :p

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

l thought about vote for kicking, too. But when l think about teeworlds…
The people in jail can't vote, can they?
Imagine two "friends" join the game and want to play alone. Then another person joins and wants to play, too. He/she gets kicked by them. After that the next person joins and wants to play. He/she gets kicked by the two. Then the next person joins and wants to play. He/she gets kicked by the two. After that the next person joins and wants to play, too. He/she gets kicked by the two. Then the next person joins and wants to play. He/she gets kicked by the two. After that the next person joins and wants to play, too. He/she gets kicked by the two. Then the next person joins and wants to play. He/she gets kicked by the two. After that the next person joins and wants to play, too. He/she gets kicked by the two. Then the next person joins and wants to play, too. He/she gets kicked by the two. And then the two make a "bot" and automatically vote for kicking when a new player joins.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:... After that the next person joins and wants to play. He/she gets kicked by the two. And then the two make a "bot" and automatically vote for kicking when a new player joins.
That is exactly the reason why this mod require you to spent gold ingot to vote and also other limitations. I am curious if this mod will help against griefers, or they will find the way to exploit it...

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

lag01 wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:... After that the next person joins and wants to play. He/she gets kicked by the two. And then the two make a "bot" and automatically vote for kicking when a new player joins.
That is exactly the reason why this mod require you to spent gold ingot to vote and also other limitations. I am curious if this mod will help against griefers, or they will find the way to exploit it...
gold isn't valuable when you cheat,
you can always fly and noclip
and with a little change at nodedef.cpp you can see gold through stone, like the caves
l can record a video with it for you if you want.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
lag01 wrote:
gold isn't valuable when you cheat,
you can always fly and noclip
and with a little change at nodedef.cpp you can see gold through stone, like the caves
l can record a video with it for you if you want.
I'd like to see a video, out of curiosity. I didn't know one could cheat in minetest without extra privs.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

lag01

by lag01 » Post

maikerumine wrote: I'd like to see a video, out of curiosity. I didn't know one could cheat in minetest without extra privs.
Yes, cheating deserves its own topic. Seeing thorough stones, glitch and fly is possible, i heard abour that before. Most likely, even anticheat option is not very effective against that.
Well, with enough evidence, cheating+griefing is one of rare ocasions, where permanent ban could be used.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

maikerumine wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:[quot... After that the next person joins and wants to play. He/she gets kicked by the two. And then the two make a "bot" and automatically vote for kicking when a new player joins.
That is exactly the reason why this mod require you to s
I'd like to see a video, out of curiosity. I didn't know one could cheat in minetest without extra privs.
[/quote]
l uploaded one:
https://vimeo.com/115261206

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

@Hybrid Dog - How is that possible? How is gold highlighted like that and can it be done with other things such as diamonds? Can that be done on any server?
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Interesting. How did you disable the statue messages? (Fly mode turned on, ..)
Also, the gold nodes aren't default. They are diffrent drawn than the stone around them, otherwise they wouldn't show up.
Additional to this, it's not possible to see anything when you're inside a node without nocip privileges.
Nice cheat.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Don wrote:Can that be done on any server?
yes.
Don wrote:How is gold highlighted like that and can it be done with other things such as diamonds?
lt's highlighted like glass, just some changes at nodedef.cpp. lt can be done with almost every node, e.g. mese blocks, bones, nyancat nodes, see below. If you use it for diamonds,… in minetest many diamonds are generated
Don wrote:@Hybrid Dog - How is that possible?
gedit
Krock wrote:
Interesting. How did you disable the statue messages? (Fly mode turned on, ..)
They aren't disabled, see 00:38
Krock wrote:Also, the gold nodes aren't default. They are diffrent drawn than the stone around them, otherwise they wouldn't show up.
lt's my texture pack, l dislike the default gold mineral texture. https://github.com/HybridDog/HybridTP/b ... l_gold.png
Krock wrote:Additional to this, it's not possible to see anything when you're inside a node without nocip privileges.
Nice cheat.
lt is, if you used linux, you could easily find the other place (not localplayer.cpp), where the noclip privilege is checked, via $ grep -rl noclip src
http://irc.minetest.ru/minetest/2013-01-29#i_2845677
http://irc.minetest.ru/minetest/2014-11-06#i_4010553
http://irc.minetest.ru/minetest/2013-01-08#i_2795718

Edit: see subscription ↓
Attachments
meseetc.png
meseetc.png (33.01 KiB) Viewed 1318 times

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Shammmmmm
GitHub: Shammmmmm
IRC: Shammmmmmm
In-game: Shammmmmm

by Shammmmmm » Post

+1
You Can call me Sham
New mods incoming by me :)

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

by scottwolff » Post

Useful mod
Not what I though it was at first. Locks in the voting booth and won't allow changes after entering the player's name.