GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

Re: Xanadu Server

by paramat » Post

pepprim
In-game: pepprim

by pepprim » Post

The craft guide in game now shows pine wood and differentiated trunks from regular. But seems there is something wrong... I planted some pine saplings and the wood is still the same that regular trees. What am I missing? :S

EDIT: I found TenPlus1 in game and ask to him. He told me that the pine wood it's not active (maybe in the future).

Zeno Effect
In-game: Zeno_Effect

by Zeno Effect » Post

Is it just me or is the sever down and not responding?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

pepprim: pine tree's in ethereal use default:wood for trunks but since the addition of pine tree's in the default MT Dev game I've updated the server to use pine trunks for the tree's and added pine stairs/slabs/fences/gates as well :)

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Me(IceAgeComing), Phiwari123 and bonny have been working on Xanadu spawn 2 project for a while now. Idea was to make an oldfashioned city with different paths and roads where people can build next to. Yesterday, on christmas eve, the portal to spawn 2 was opened. You can find the portal from original spawn red path. This has been the most fun project i ever been part of. Special thanks to server admins TenPlus1 and TitaniusAnglesmithe for all the support! :)

Here are the screenshots:

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

What an incredible amount of work you folks put into this, and it shows! Awesome!

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

We are happy that you like it so far. We are looking forward to see new players in this area and hope that this town will grow soon :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Nicely done guys, spawn 2 looks amazing :P

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Is it the wood stargate?

I have watched many new players try and fail to use the stargates. Any chance the teleporter could be raised up one block and two more put beside it? Six tapestry things (I forgot their exact name) could be placed in front of and behind the teleporters to keep the water from flowing out. I think this change would make it much easier to use the stargates and new players who can't read signs would be able to use them without someone helping them for 5 minutes.

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

I think stargates are not really a problem at the moment... I haven't seen players not being able or not knowing how to use a stargate. And i think helping people and explain them how to use a stargate is easier than fixing all stargates and adding tapestry which would ruin kinda the look of them. That's my opinion. And yes, it's the wooden stargate at red spawnpath.

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

TenPlus1, remember to add 'minetest.clear_registered_biomes()' just before registering your own otherwise in 0.4.11 the newly added default grassland biome will interfere with Ethereal / Xanadu biomes.

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

@auouymous Yes, I will take your suggestion and see how I can ease/modify the use of the portals aka stargates I made. I also notice sometimes that it is not always easy for me to get the tiny gap to dive down onto the tp pad. Maybe that I am about to do the next portal at yellow path, is a good point to start with it :) Thanks.

Regarding the previous post by IceAgeComing I will post some screenshots from the "spawns" of the older stargates containing buildings by auouymous, Dr_Boogerstein, icecreamlover45, me2, mystik, PacificaPlays, amo. I dont support the counting made by IceAgeComing (couting the newest one as spawn #2, ignoring the already existing two others), since for me a spot behind one of the stargates, builded by one player and his/her teammates, is not more important and countable than places developed and designed by various other players. I dont disrespect the time and work that was spend at the newest stargate spawn, I also appreciate and enjoy the same at the previously made and still developing ones and count them too. Just my point of view.

The stone stargate spawn at the first day.

Actual view.

Underwater Garden of the Open Farm by auouymous.

The iron stargate spawn at the first day, with a pattern by TitaniusAnglesmithe.

Actual view.

The spawn board by me2.

Other founds:

This is a hughe and impressing pixel art project (showing Keira Knightley) by Hal2.
There are ladders at the borders of the picture to load the chunks and view it from the distance.
Visit it at -1020,2,-447.

And another interesting found, an amazing cathedrallike building by maelo.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

paramat wrote:TenPlus1, remember to add 'minetest.clear_registered_biomes()' just before registering your own otherwise in 0.4.11 the newly added default grassland biome will interfere with Ethereal / Xanadu biomes.
Thanks for tip, ethereal mod on server has been modified already and latest version will be released when 0.4.11 is available...

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

It is nice to see how these areas beyond the stargates developed in the time of their existence. I appreciate the work and the effort the players put into these areas. When i first met the stone stargate it looked like on Xanthin's screenshot she posted in the previous post. But when i find myself wandering around it now i am impressed how much changed in that period of time when people started to explore the landscapes beyond the portals.

I am looking forward to the new portal at yellow path and I am already wondering what landscape it will lead into.

The whole idea of the stargates was a big enrichment for the server and makes it alot more fun to explore the server world :D

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Xanthin wrote: Regarding the previous post by IceAgeComing I will post some screenshots from the "spawns" of the older stargates containing buildings by auouymous, Dr_Boogerstein, icecreamlover45, me2, mystik, PacificaPlays, amo. I dont support the counting made by IceAgeComing (couting the newest one as spawn #2, ignoring the already existing two others), since for me a spot behind one of the stargates, builded by one player and his/her teammates, is not more important and countable than places developed and designed by various other players. I dont disrespect the time and work that was spend at the newest stargate spawn, I also appreciate and enjoy the same at the previously made and still developing ones and count them too. Just my point of view.
There was no intention to disrespect the areas behind 2 other portals. There are some really beautiful buildings. I just have never seen anyone call them "spawns", not even you. There's no way i have said anywhere that i think our buildings at spawn 2 are more important than buildings behind those teleport portals.
Besides that, i dont understand why you are only reffering your issue only to me. The decision to call it spawn 2 wasn't just done by me alone. It also involved 2 other people and server admin, so i dont understand why i am taking the blame here? :)
We called it spawn 2 only because we wanted the center of this place have similar aspects of the very first original spawn. The center building, the rules boards and 4 roads with different colors. All this is what the areas behind 2 other portals don't have. Which is why none of us knew that there are people who called those areas spawns too.

So i don't really understand or agree to your point of view, it rather comes off very disrespectful to our group and our efforts to try to create new area for builders.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Xanthin wrote: This is a hughe and impressing pixel art project (showing Keira Knightley) by Hal2.
There are ladders at the borders of the picture to load the chunks and view it from the distance.
Visit it at -1020,2,-447.

there's a mod for loading images
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6751

I made it too big
the mapgen made dirt onto the stone, so she has green parts
I loaded the image from https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 251086.jpg

Edit: Image
Attachments
screenshot_2259410640.png
screenshot_2259410640.png (313.49 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
screenshot_2258028224.png
screenshot_2258028224.png (345.12 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

You can only call something spawn if you "/spawn" to it. I heard someone say the new town would become the new /spawn. Why did it get put behind a stargate instead of becoming spawn?

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

@HybridDog
Yes, I know this mod but wasn't able to get a result so far (still have to look what I did wrong). It's amazing what is possible. I talked with Hal2, pointed to this mod and think I remember him saying that he used a self written solution to get the photo into usable grey tones.

@IceAgeComing
I think, that´s because of the different approach. My point is, I left it up to the players there to decide how it will be used and look and concluded from the count (that got due to the time its out common) what I said.
Unfortunately it seems hard for me to express my thoughts better in this language.
I do understand the project you three made and I appreciate the work that was done there too. Don't feel disrespected, I saw some really remarkable ideas and solutions there.

I won't further insist at this topic, I mentioned my view several times now and have to cool down about it (since I also get the feeling I am mixing up things).

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

Please vote on the future of mgv7 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10855

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

paramat wrote:Please vote on the future of mgv7 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10855
Why? Votes don't cause changes. e.g. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9144

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

Indeed this isn't a democracy (luckily) but the difference is hmmmm opened the vote and it seems will take note of the outcome.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

paramat wrote:Indeed this isn't a democracy (luckily) but the difference is hmmmm opened the vote and it seems will take note of the outcome.
ok, but I don't know what I should vote because I don't know what exactly hmmmm means with modifying mgv7
Shall I vote yes or no?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

That's up to you, but i get the impression 'major changes' means 'change beyond recognition', essentially a new mapgen. Any v7 worlds and servers would have to migrate to v5 because v7 would be very unstable for months.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

paramat wrote:That's up to you, but i get the impression 'major changes' means 'change beyond recognition', essentially a new mapgen. Any v7 worlds and servers would have to migrate to v5 because v7 would be very unstable for months.
l think l just don't vote, l don't even know what mgv7 changes are good for.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

Hi, I noticed that I can log in quickly with some accounts and others it just says "Connecting to Server" I'm not sure if you need to but if you do can you add user Bacon?

Thanks much!