[Server] VanessaE's Survival Server [5.4.0]

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

Re: VanessaE's Survival Server [git]

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Cool thanks. I make some heavy use of quarries at times and I recently went from having a chest on each to using a bunch of teleport tubes and sending them all to a set of chests. I see there's some work happening on teleport tubes, perhaps I was causing lag if there has recently been more lag than normal.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Indeed, the combination of inefficient code in sorting tubes, teleport tubes, and quarries was the cause. Most of the ill-performing code has been fixed up thanks to T4im and everything has been re-enabled, however.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This server's config has been updated such that it now requires 0.4.11 or newer to connect. If you are using 0.4.10 or earlier, the server will reject your connection. I did this to curb uses of outdated clients that can't properly render all of the media and drawtypes that are in use on this server.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

All users, please set enable_mesh_cache = false in your client's minetest.conf. Most folks won't notice a performance impact, and it will reduce RAM usage by about 800 MB. Most users (who aren't using a texture pack) should find themselves able to play using less than 1.5 GB of RAM with this setting.

Happy building!

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

VanessaE wrote:All users, please set enable_mesh_cache = false in your client's minetest.conf. Most folks won't notice a performance impact, and it will reduce RAM usage by about 800 MB. Most users (who aren't using a texture pack) should find themselves able to play using less than 1.5 GB of RAM with this setting.

Happy building!
Thanks for this, using far less memory now and no noticeable performance impact.

lark95

by lark95 » Post

hi, can ihave interaction permission?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted.

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

Can I have interact permission please. Username Mazal

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted.

incentive

by incentive » Post

On http://servers.minetest.net/list I found your IPv6 address 2607:5300:60:3c0a::1 on port 30001

Is traffic open for that address or will it work in the future? Because I tried connecting but I noticed it did not work for me. Has it worked for anybody else? Thanks for offering IPv6 support :)

Best wishes

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I was unaware that that address was even showing up in the list. It does indeed point to my server box, but whether Minetest can connect to it or not (or whether it can be made to work if it doesn't), I have no way to test, as I have no ipv6 support here at my home.

kennebel
In-game: kennebel

by kennebel » Post

Interact request: kennebel

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Granted.

dege1000
In-game: Deft Gear

by dege1000 » Post

Can I have interact? Username: Deft_Gear

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Granted.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

ALL of my servers - Survival, Creative, Realtest, Nostalgia, Vanilla, and the rest, have moved to a new host! The new IP addess is 94.23.33.52. Please update your scripts, bookmarks, favorites, etc. if you are directly referencing the old IP address (192.99.11.10) for any reason.

Purpose of same? It's a faster machine (SSD-based, faster network, more CPU cores), with the aim being to provide a better experience for players on my servers. Hope you all enjoy! :-)

Domains, ports, etc are all the same as usual, no changes needed on you'all's end, though for some folks it may take some time for those record updates to catch up.

The IRC server known as "isis.inchra.net" has been discontinued.
In its place, a new server has been set up, "osiris.inchra.net".

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

M'lady,

It has come to my attention that on this, the 23 day of Febuary in the year of two ought fifteen, that your survival server may equally suit my temperment. I am thus requesting the right to strike out in this bold world under the name of EdShudBInBed, as in your more free form world.

With great hopes for the future and much care to you and yours,

Edward,
Who is not PROMISING cake, merely mentioning the possiblity of it.
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

TriBlade9

by TriBlade9 » Post

EdShouldBeInBed wrote:M'lady,

It has come to my attention that on this, the 23 day of Febuary in the year of two ought fifteen, that your survival server may equally suit my temperment. I am thus requesting the right to strike out in this bold world under the name of EdShudBInBed, as in your more free form world.

With great hopes for the future and much care to you and yours,

Edward,
Who is not PROMISING cake, merely mentioning the possiblity of it.
Most excellent Edward, of whom great things are spoken of, and who ought to be lying in his chambers as we speak,

Thine post hath caught mine eye, and though the skill with which thine hand hath crafted these great words is immeasurably great, a subtle flaw in thine spelling hath brought me to this place in the hopes of correcting thee and saving thine own excellent self from a great many complications. For indeed, according to the name by which thou appear to have posted in this thriving thread, EdShudBeInBed, as I presume, should mine eyes not be deceiving me, the proper spelling of the word by which thee should be called in-game ought to be EdShudBeInBed, as opposed to the one which thou seemest to hath accidentally written in thine remarkable letter, EdShudBInBed. My deepest apologies should my correction be entirely unnecessary, and I pray thou bearest no great offense against me, as I hold none against you.

With much sorrow and regret for having to correct thee and thine otherwise unblemished words,

Stephen,
Who already ate the cake of which mention was merely made and is willing to bake another, should the need arise.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Um...interact ...um....granted? O_o

(different username noted via IRC)

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

Stephen.

Don't you ever touch my Tanjing cake again, censored.

As well, thank you for your kind correction.

Edward.
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

TheRandomRobot

by TheRandomRobot » Post

anyone privy to the privs willing to share the love? would be much appreciated, been away for 2 years and decided to roam around again.
"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
~Mike Tyson

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted. :)

oktail
GitHub: oktail
IRC: oktail
In-game: oktail

by oktail » Post

hmmm, is server down ? or its me ?

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

oktail wrote:hmmm, is server down ? or its me ?
VanessaE wrote:This server shuts down briefly for backups at 0800 UTC (3:00 am EST) daily.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

In addition to the daily 3am restart (which only keeps the server down for a couple of minutes), all of my servers were moved to a new machine the other day, which means a new IP address.If you can't reach this server by name, that just means the DNS record hasn't caught up in your area yet - try it by IP address 176.9.29.178, port 30001.

I posted about this in the Creative server's thread.