[Server] Xanadu

ack

Re: Xanadu Server

by ack » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Ack, this is getting out of control already and I really do not wish to repeat myself over and over... Xanadu has two admin, Titanius and myself (TenPlus1) both with FULL privs inc. give so we wouldn't need to steal anything on server... The server logs only record so much then get recycled to speed up the server so whatever happened to your chests was in the older logs so no way of knowing that far back... The only other thing I could imagine happening is a map glitch of that area causing corruption of the chests and protection nodes...
Fine, then I'll have to stick with the other server due to the glitch causing me to lose my permissions and I am no longer able to build as I am not allowed multiple accounts either.

Thanks

- Ack

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

Reading this post i was completely sure ack is gold_digger, maybe by his style :)
I think, root of problem is - our simple servers are unable to provide him enough challenge. So, after "beating the game" he starts to do various experiments, like: "hey, how near to spawn i can build, without admin getting angry?", "hey, can i make admin disable pvp by intensive complaining?", "hey, can i make admin give me back stuff lost because of in-game natural disaster?" etc. This all add additional load on admin, what is not good.
I think, solution would be to have on server more content for advanced players, make this content really hard and time consuming to get. Hawing something like server version of "technic" mod may also help. Or we may add something like "final mission", like minecraft did...

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Good idea lag01, I made items like the crystal Gilly Staff so you had to explore the different biomes in order to obtain items and craft it, and was going to add another new tool which Xanthin thought up... Will look into additions to Xanadu and as always ideas are welcome...

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:ideas are welcome...
Is it possible to make the screen flash red when you get attacked while wearing crystal armor? There is currently no indication that a hostile mob is hitting you in the back because crystal armor absorbs all damage.

What about a water breathing helmet crafted from a crystal helmet and 4 gilly staffs (same pattern as ingots in a normal helmet). Maybe throw in some other items to make it more expensive or harder to craft, but if its possible it should exist. Its a pain to constantly have to switch to the gilly staff every 30 seconds or so while working under water for hours.

And what about some expensive crystal boots that disable gravity while in water. Maybe also have them disable gravity outside water.

The new boots and helmet could even have negative effects, forcing you to take them off when out of water or not flying. They could slow you down, have no armor/healing, or add negative armor points to negate any other armor you are wearing. The helmet could cut your max speed in half when out of water. The boots would always reduce max speed to 25%, in or out of water.

Is any of this possible?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Will look into those...

pepprim
In-game: pepprim

by pepprim » Post

auouymous wrote:What about a water breathing helmet?
I fully support this suggestion! It would be very usefull.

Also maybe would be interesting to find more utilities to the corals. I don't know... maybe new different building blocks (stained/colorized ice bricks blocks, for example). Or the water breathing helmet crafting recipe itself... Them could be used for more food but i think Xanadu already have more than enough food diversity.

About the boots and underwater gravity. I am not so enthusiastic about the proposal, but anyway, maybe there is no need to make new boots. I mean, maybe the winged mese boots could includes those properties.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

pepprim wrote:About the boots and underwater gravity. I am not so enthusiastic about the proposal, but anyway, maybe there is no need to make new boots. I mean, maybe the winged mese boots could includes those properties.
The anti-gravity boots would have a big speed penalty to limit their use to building and not for exploration and mining. Owners of winged boots might not want a speed penalty on their boots.

pepprim

by pepprim » Post

auouymous wrote:The anti-gravity boots would have a big speed penalty to limit their use to building and not for exploration and mining.
Well, that's my point auouymous...

I think that the ocean should be to explore and mine but not to build. But please, pay attention that I'm saying "ocean" not "underwater". Don't misunderstand me. I mean...

...For example: right know I'm building a harbor but for that i'm taking a natural formation on the coast (a small cove). So I just pretend give it some shape, make it clean an nice and place a small wood pier and a boat.

But have never build a house or something in the middle of the ocean or the seabed. I wouldn't like to find obstacles constantly when sailing from an island to another or crossing the ocean far away to find unexplored land.

And if the reasons to explore the seabed increase, then neihter wouldn't want to find it full of ugly and useless abandoned buildings, built with random materials.

PerrySteven
In-game: PerrySteven

by PerrySteven » Post

Hello, I don't know whether this is an appropriate post for this section or not, but does anyone know what the code is for Cactus Juice?

I am starting a barter shop but I am really lacking with codes.

pepprim

by pepprim » Post

Perry,

you can craft a node inspector (with one glass and one steel ingot: see the craft guide for the position...).

Then you could place the item somewhere, point it with the node inspector in hand and click the left button of your mouse. If item cannot be placed you can just drop it to the floor with "Q" key and point the node inspector to the node where the item fell.

When you click, the item string code will appear at the bottom of the screen, in the left side near the HUD. It will remain there untill you use the node inspector again or leave the game.

Also the client program itself shows the item string code for nodes you are pointing each time. Well, at least the last stable version for Ubuntu does (Minetest 4.11).

I hope these instructions are helpful to you.

PerrySteven
In-game: PerrySteven

by PerrySteven » Post

pepprim wrote:Perry,

you can craft a node inspector (with one glass and one steel ingot: see the craft guide for the position...).

Then you could place the item somewhere, point it with the node inspector in hand and click the left button of your mouse. If item cannot be placed you can just drop it to the floor with "Q" key and point the node inspector to the node where the item fell.

When you click, the item string code will appear at the bottom of the screen, in the left side near the HUD. It will remain there untill you use the node inspector again or leave the game.

Also the client program itself shows the item string code for nodes you are pointing each time. Well, at least the last stable version for Ubuntu does (Minetest 4.11).

I hope these instructions are helpful to you.
Yes! Thank you very much! That really helped a lot. Now I can make a functional barter shop.

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

Old memories :D

I just found a super old screenshot from my first day on Xanadu (19th may 2014).

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

the palmwood fence is missing
Attachments
xanad_nd_missing.png
xanad_nd_missing.png (200.8 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Wooden fences and gates were changed in Ethereal mod a while back so this could be one of the older fence nodes that was removed... I will go there today and replace them with new palm fence :)

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

thanks to some help with protection issues I can now continue with my little shroomcountry project, like finish the building in the background ;-)

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Somewhere ...

... you will find the hottest adventure.

Teleportation Portal conjured by TenPlus1
Hells Bells rung by Skrote

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Aha, so it's OPEN!
Now the race is on to find the portal!

Skrote
In-game: Skrote

by Skrote » Post

Still have tons to protect though....

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

I've been working on a treehouse in Xanadu for quite a while now. It's about 580 nodes tall, so I thought perhaps it was far enough along to post some screen prints. :)

This is the treehouse from a distance. You will notice that there are floating islands at intervals all the way up. At the very top you can see sky city. Sky City is still very much underconstruction. The Zepplin (The Queen of Steam) is being built by Xanthin, the Millenium Falcon by Neon, and the tower of ice by XxRaizelxX. The Hot Air Balloon (The Politician) is mine. There are other buildings by other players, but you can't make them out very well from this distance.

To get to the treehouse, go down the yellow path from spawn. There is a communal garden by the huge "Public Forest" sign. Behind the communal garden is the well marked "secret passage" that leads to the treehouse. Go down the ladder and follow the tunnel to Kilarin's Treehouse! The treehouse coords are: (1110, 2, -443)

And this is the base of the treehouse. The giant giant mushroom is by my son (Hawk). You can make out a little bit of Big3Force's Capitol City in the background. The treehouse doesn't look very impressive from here, but it goes up a LONG way. open the spoiler tags to see more.

(Oh, go on, go ahead and click, you know you want to see the pics!)
Spoiler
This is the entrance, go inside...

And go up the ladder to see more!

The very first level is my work and storage areas. Then the next level up is my garden and orchard.

Yes, it's a bit oversized. I must have starved a dozen times when I was first trying to figure out how to get started in Xanadu. So I've kinda overcompensated... :)

On the way up the rope/ladder at each place where you see glowstone in the passage there is an exit to a floating biome. I've tried to reproduce most of the biomes in Xanadu. The first is the frost biome. And yes, it WILL spawn spiders. That's why it has a nice gate. :)

Pine Biome

Jungle Biome

I think the Willow Biome is one of the prettiest.

Mushroom Biome
Click to see MORE biomes
Spoiler
Bamboo Biome

Banana Biome (with an undersea biome as well)

The Fire Biome is another one that I think looks pretty good.

It's hollow

And there is a lava fountain/fall inside.

Lava Biome at night.

Prairie Biome

Desert Biome

The Redwood Biome is really large.

The limbs are all connected at the top in a kind of maze. You can walk from one tree to another, and getting to some of the high platforms requires discovering some hidden passages. But it's high enough to do fatal damage if you fall. The Redwood Biome has been expanded recently to connect to cloud forest where several people are building houses.

Coconut Biome

And for the Healing tree biome, we had to have a mountain, of course. So I slipped a lot of biomes around the mountain.
You will note that that dry dirt path leads to a passage into the heart of the mountain.
The inside of the mountain is a series of tunnels and caves.
With some pretty sights, but its easy to get lost in there!
That is already a HUGE number of pictures for one post, so I'm going to give sky city it's own post.
Last edited by Kilarin on Mon May 10, 2021 20:13, edited 12 times in total.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Sky City at the top of Kilarin's Tree House in Xanadu!

This is what sky city looked like before it was very developed. The floor is framed obsidian glass which automatically joins so that it looks like you are walking on air. Since the floor is about 572 nodes up, and you can't see anything under your feet, new players are often afraid to step out onto it. :) It's pretty empty in this pic.

But other players have kindly offered to build in sky city for me. Sky City is still very much underconstruction. The Zepplin (The Queen of Steam) is being built by Xanthin, the Millenium Falcon by Neon, and the tower of ice by XxRaizelxX. The Hot Air Balloon (The Politician) is mine. There is a very nice decorative glass house by amberdoesmt that you can't quite make out in these shots, its hidden behind the big blue tower of ice.

The green glass house is by Khyle. It's roof makes a great viewing spot for the hot air balloon. The glass tower next to Khyle's green house is by me. It's not very impressive, but it DOES have a diving board that will drop you 580 nodes safely into water! :)

And this is a shot of Sky City at night.

If you happen to have some free time, come by and visit us at the treehouse!
Last edited by Kilarin on Mon May 10, 2021 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

although it is not as impressive as kilarin's tree house and will probably not be noticed under that huge post, i can't wait any longer to publish this ...
so here it is:

The Invitation to the Burning Lands!
i invite you to visit my home biome, the Burning Lands.
for now it has the following attractions:
- the Holy Tree Shrine (my first building)
- the Obsidian Tower (my second building, since i made a new house under the Holy Tree Shrine, the Obsidian Tower is now a shop where you can buy various stuf from the Burning Lands. Currently it only sells obsidian bricks.)
- the Magma Mine (a public mine wich is illuminated by rivers of magma.)
- the Floating Gardens (small platforms in the sky that hosts trees and some flowers. it is only partially protected, so you can harvest if you wish. remember to replant saplings.)
- an Open Trade Chest (take what you need and give something else. please follow the rule of Equivalent Exchange.)

to reach the Burning Lands, go to the green spawn point and use the Iron Star Gate behind the tree farm.
then follow the Green Lane (behind the sign wall). at the first crossroad turn right into Mese Street, then turn left into Amber Lane and walk it all the way to the end.
there you will find a railway and a sign "Path to the Burning Lands".
the railway is made with powered rails, so you can ride all the way without interuption.
it leads a long way over the ocean to the shores of the Burning Lands.

only the street and my buildings are protected, fell free to build whereever you like.
there is just one rule: Do not harm the Lava!

come and forge this land with your burning soul!
(my playername is Red_Fox)

plans for the future:
- more shops (red wool, red wood, fiery moss, everything that is red)
- hot springs with palm trees
Attachments
screenshot_2023680052.png
screenshot_2023680052.png (521.2 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
Last edited by firefox on Wed Feb 11, 2015 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Oh wow, that looks really cool firefox! I will definitely be by to explore!

Skrote

by Skrote » Post

Prots are in, most details are done. Come play in the cozy warm lava until you die!
screenshot_41360304.png
screenshot_41360304.png (953.6 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
screenshot_41312555.png
screenshot_41312555.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1277 times
screenshot_41273832.png
screenshot_41273832.png (950.06 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

Skrote

by Skrote » Post

screenshot_41397424.png
screenshot_41397424.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1277 times