[0.4.14] LinuxGaming2 - Shutdown

LazyJ

Re: [0.4.10] LinuxGaming - A Server for Builders

by LazyJ » Post

Update: Overview maps updated to 2015_02_08.

Zoig
In-game: Zoig

by Zoig » Post

Hello everyone!
At -655 I have found some strange structure. It is definitely crafted and not generated, because it includes stairs and all the rooms are too square to be generated caverns. It is a series of rooms inside solid rock, made of a sort of greenish-cobble. However, there were no chests or lighting or anything else besides rooms and corridors and stairs.

I started my mine at that level, so the structure got damaged a little bit. I wonder if it is some secret meeting point for admins who teleport there? Because teleportation would be the only way to access the structure (besides digging 655 meteres straight down).

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

oh, could it be the fabled dungeon #1337 ;-P
LOL
look around maybe the airsword is more than a legend.

It indeed sounds as if you stumbled over a dungeon. Keep it intact and take entry fees from the tourists

Zoig

by Zoig » Post

What's that test page you linked? These dungeons are actually part of what the mapgen does?

Zoig

by Zoig » Post

omg, here I was thinking the minecraft community was crazy with there single myth of Herobrine. In minetest we got two: dungeon #1337 and the airsword.

I guess I'll have to try the airsword mod, what could be easier to install than this.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Zoig wrote:What's that test page you linked? These dungeons are actually part of what the mapgen does?
dungeons are not enabled by default, don't know wether this server has or had them enabled.

The MMDB is a Minetest-Mod-DataBase :-)
sadly it is a little defunc at the moment but it still holds interesting information. The database is in fact the same that the mod-store from the main menu links to. Someone said a table got dropped or whatever :D Anyways you can look but not add anything and the ingame functions are broken.

This: [Tool] GUI for installing and updating mods from GitHub,
and this: Search Minetest mods!
serve a similar purpose

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

We don't have the mighty Air Sword of legend installed but dungeons and desert temples are activated. ;)-

Dungeons are made of mossy cobble, have stairs, square rooms (chambers), and are usually generated underground, although some glitch at the surface and in mid-air.

Desert temples are dungeons made of desert stone, usually are at or near the surface, chambers but no stairs.

WhiteKnight
In-game: BluAngel

by WhiteKnight » Post

Here is the skin I would like to use, if it would be no trouble. My server name is BluAngel. Thanks! :D
/home/rebecca/.minetest/mods/skins/textures/character_76.png

WhiteKnight

by WhiteKnight » Post

WhiteKnight wrote:Here is the skin I would like to use, if it would be no trouble. My server name is BluAngel. Thanks! :D
/home/rebecca/.minetest/mods/skins/textures/character_76.png
Wait, did I do that right?

Zoig

by Zoig » Post

No, you have to click on "upload attachment" while writing your answer (below the submit button), browse your harddrive for the file, and click on "add the file" in the end.

But now we at least know you use Linux and also your real name :P

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

BluAngel, I need an Internet-based link to the skin file, i.e. forum attachment, public Dropbox, Imgur, etc. that I can download from.

WhiteKnight

by WhiteKnight » Post

I have a dropbox, how do I get you the link? I'm new to dropbox.........
Thanks

WhiteKnight

by WhiteKnight » Post

NM Here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzfp3ebpsj4v1 ... 6.png?dl=0
Is that right?
Thank you! :D

WhiteKnight

by WhiteKnight » Post

Zoig wrote:No, you have to click on "upload attachment" while writing your answer (below the submit button), browse your harddrive for the file, and click on "add the file" in the end.

But now we at least know you use Linux and also your real name :P
Yes, I loooooooove linux XP

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Ok, WhiteKnight, your "BluAngel" skin has been uploaded and will take effect after tonight's backup (around 5am EST).

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update:
  • Overview maps updated to 2018_02_18
  • "Big" map (48,000m x48,000m) replaced by more practical "8K" map (8,000m x 8,000m).

WhiteKnight

by WhiteKnight » Post

Thanks soooo much LazyJ!!!
:D

WhiteKnight

by WhiteKnight » Post

If you have more than one in-game name, can you get a different skin for that name too?

Zoig

by Zoig » Post

Public announcement

A new shop opened at the marketplace tower near spawn. Sell your unneeded steel for $150 per block! That's over $16 per ingot!

Sell your steel to me and make a huge 36x36 dome of steel possible for my obesrvatorium!

Notice: please contact me on the forum if you find the price somehow unfair and want to argue about it.
Last edited by Zoig on Wed Feb 25, 2015 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update: Overview maps updated to 2015_02_24.

WhiteKnight

by WhiteKnight » Post

Hey, check out the pixelart at -833.0, 14.5, 940.4

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Maintenance Notice

The server will be closed for maintenance, Saturday, March 7, 2015. after the backup (5am EST) or possibly Friday evening if the server is not very active.

This will probably take most of the day.

I will update this post when the maintence is complete and the server is open again.

2015_03_07 - Maintenance Complete!

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

2013_03_07 Upgrades and Changes

• Minetest engine upgraded to 0.4.12 stable.
  • Minetest_game upgraded to 2015_03_06 release.
  • Those non-staff players who had the areas priv have been switched to "areas_high_limit" priv.
  • areas_high_limit priv = up to 1000 areas each, max size of 1000 x 1000 x 1000.
  • Regular areas limit has been increased to 50 areas each, max size of 50 x 100 x 50.
  • Most existing mods have been upgraded.
  • Older mods have been checked for compatibility and deprecated code.
  • More custom tweaks have been added:
  • - more stairs/slabs/saw-stuff for existing blocks, i.e. booshelf stairs and slabs.
  • - all leaves have been made climbable to make harvesting MoreTrees trees less hazardous.
  • - cobble to sand recipe chain has been changed to cobble -> gravel -> sand -> dirt
  • - desert cobble crafts into desert_sand, then desert_sand crafts into sand, and from there sand to dirt.
  • HomeDecor's smooth glass and wood glass have been given the combined glass feature.
  • Default obsidian glass has been given the combined glass feature.
  • Several blocks that used to rotate now don't - mostly blocks (like stone) that didn't have very distinct texture patterns.
  • New mod, "Traffic Light" by DonBatman - adds an animated traffic signal light
  • New mod, "Columnia" by Glunggi - adds columns-pillars-pedestals and cross-beams for default blocks. Support for other blocks may be added in the future.
  • New mod, "Teleport Request" by Traxie21 and Chaos Wormz - chat commands that allow players to teleport to each other:
  • - /tpr <playername> = you ask to teleport to another player
  • - /tphr <playername> = you ask another player to teleport to you
  • - /tpy = you accept (yes) the teleport request of another player
  • - /tpn = you decline (no) the teleport request of another player
  • New mod, "Item Tweaks" by RealBadAngel and VanessaE - dropped items are automatically picked up and put in the player's inventory if the player is close enough to the items.
  • The server's automatic item delete has been increased to 5 minutes with the hopes that Item Tweaks will help keep the amount entity litter down. More litter = more lag.
  • MoreBlock's now has mesh slopes but the recipes don't appear in the craft guide. I've made a recipe display in the mod display area by the moonrock bounce pad. The slopes can be made out of any block that works in the saw.
  • HomeDecor's update has added new items including writable books.
  • I've updated my fork of Bone to support MoreTrees, berry bushes, all three default trees, wheat and cotton.
  • I've updated my fork of Fake Fire with sounds for the embers and flames.
  • Minetest_game has a new tree, pine, but as yet the code for generating the pine trees with the mapgen hasn't been added. I'll plant some saplings in various areas so players can
    harvest the leaves for saplings and start spreading the pine trees around more.
That's about it for now. ;)

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

2013_03_09 Updates and Changes

Some after-upgrade tweaks.

Embers are Now Silent, Flames Roar Less

Embers were coded to be quieter than the roaring flames. When flames were on embers, the quiet ember sound overrode the louder flame sound. I opted to silence the embers since 1. in real-life embers are barely heard, and 2. players like the sound of fire. I want Fake Fire to sound suitable for fireplaces so I turned down the volume on the flames a little.

Wield Hand Instantly Cuts Leaves

Swords are disabled and, previously, their leaf-cutting speed was transfered to other like-materail tools. However, this messed-up the way berry bush berries and the bushes were harvested. I figured out a workable solution that 1. puts harvesting berries and bushes back to normal and 2. provide a way to make harvesting MoreTrees' giant trees a little easier. Now the wield hand will cut all leaves instantly but not the trunks.

Harvesting Berries and Bushes has Changed

Now that the sword's properties have been removed from the other tools, the berrry bushes, from PlantLife's, Bushes Classic mod, are harvested as originally coded.
  • Picks now destroy the bushes in stead of "pick"-ing the berries like before.
  • Axes destroy the bushes and return sticks.
  • Shovels dig-up the bushes to be placed elsewhere.
  • The wield hand now picks the berries.

Old-Style Berry Bushes are Back

The new, upgraded berry bushes from Bushes Classic look like round, milar balloons. The previous, aztec-pyramid-like node box shape looked somewhat more bush-like. A few players, including Miner and myself weren't happy with the "new" look of the bushes. Thanks to Miner_48er's code majic, the old-style berry bushes are back! :)

WhiteKnight

by WhiteKnight » Post

Ok, so should I update my client? The bookshelf texture is messed up when I join the server. Is this client side? I like the new changes, though.