[Mod] Sprint [sprint]

Topywo

Re: [Mod] Sprint [sprint]

by Topywo » Post

@Nubm

Do you have a file world.mt under your minetest/worlds/"the world you lost but still got the map.sqlite from" ?

When you open it are the 2 following lines in it ?:
gameid = minetest (or another game you use)
backend = sqlite3

Do you have a file singleplayer under your minetest/worlds/"the world you lost but still got the map.sqlite from"/players ? (or the name you play with at that world) (or do you have more files in this directory?)

When you open this file, you see detailed stats about the player (including position and inventory).

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Thank you GunshipPenguin, awesome work :)

Nubm

by Nubm » Post

Topywo wrote:Do you have a file singleplayer under your minetest/worlds/"the world you lost but still got the map.sqlite from"/players ? (or the name you play with at that world) (or do you have more files in this directory?)

When you open this file, you see detailed stats about the player (including position and inventory).
That was it, a second player named Guest and some numbers. I deleted it (contained only the 2 dirts i had gathered) and i was back in my world. Thanks a lot! (It had put me in at world spawn, not the position i left tho.)

Btw GunshipPenguin, great mod. Sorry for that posts.

Edit: I didn't start as singleplayer but as server. Thats why it created the Guest player. Everything solved now and my world and inventory is back. Thanks to all that help. :)

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi,

Sometimes, after some days of server activity, the sprint doesn't work anymore for all players...

Maybe can you add a security line ? (maybe something like "if nobody sprint in a duration of 30 minutes, reset the sprint/back to the beginning of the code ?")

(PS : i don't have errors in logs when it happens)

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

This is a very interesting mod, I have finally tried it out on my computer and it works pretty fine.

This looks like a very good candidate to make use of my still experimental HUD bars mod. As soon as I hit the 1.0.0 milestone with it, I will seek to modifiy the code of this mod so it makes use of the HUD bars mod and use the current standard statbar as a fall-back option when this mod is not present.
When I am finished, I will open a pull request on GitHub.

Edit: I noticed that, sadly, this mod has a hard dependency on default, because it uses default_dirt.png as image for its particles. This dependency is completely unjustified if you ask me. The quick and lazy solution would be to provide your own particle image with the mod and use this instead. The sophisticated solution would be to use the top texture image of the node the player runs on. It is probably possible, but tricky, as one must account for all the possible node types, drawtypes etc. and find a solution which works on every node where creating a particle makes sense (i.e. walkable ones). Also, animated textures are probably tricky, too.

Also, I would recommend renaming “stamina.png” to something like “sprint_stamina_icon.png”, so it includes the prefix “sprint_”. It is a general recommendation to always name the textures under the scheme “<modname>_texturename.png” to prevent possible name clashes.

guideahon
In-game: guideahon

by guideahon » Post

Hi wuzzy, i made something like that but it doesn't work well with pep, maybe you can fix that.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I was not talking about Pep and Player Effects, those are different things.
I was talking about the HUD bar.

I can't see where in your mod you have made something “like that”, all I see is the standard symbol-based statbar. My HUD bars are a bit different than that. Whatever, it is still not finished yet anyways, let's forget it for now.

The incompability with Pep and Player Effects is not unexpected to me, because your mod overrides the player speed, and Pep does as well, independently. Making your mod compatible to Player Effects is not a solution (yet?!), because the running has no fixed duration, but Player Effects expects that.
Multiple mods overwriting the player physics are still a general unsolved problem in mods, as far I know.

I am also not sure if I could modify Player Effects to add an timeless effect, so it could be added and removed at will. Also, Player Effects still does not support additive effects, but this would also be a requirement.
Sorry, but all of this is not solved yet.

guideahon
In-game: guideahon

by guideahon » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I was not talking about Pep and Player Effects, those are different things.
I was talking about the HUD bar.

--I was talking about the sprint mod with hud bars, i used it but it wasnt compatible with pep so i removed it from my modpack

I can't see where in your mod you have made something “like that”, all I see is the standard symbol-based statbar. My HUD bars are a bit different than that. Whatever, it is still not finished yet anyways, let's forget it for now.

--I was hoping you could make the mod compatible with pep

The incompability with Pep and Player Effects is not unexpected to me, because your mod overrides the player speed, and Pep does as well, independently. Making your mod compatible to Player Effects is not a solution (yet?!), because the running has no fixed duration, but Player Effects expects that.
Multiple mods overwriting the player physics are still a general unsolved problem in mods, as far I know.

I am also not sure if I could modify Player Effects to add an timeless effect, so it could be added and removed at will. Also, Player Effects still does not support additive effects, but this would also be a requirement.
Sorry, but all of this is not solved yet.
--I wanted an intelligent mod, if potion is active (runningx2) then, run = inactive (runningx1.4)

--I hope to have your sprint mod with hudbars soon!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I have created a pull request adding optional compability to the HUD bars mod version 1.0.0 (and any future version with major version number 1):
https://github.com/GunshipPenguin/sprint/pull/2

This adds a new optional dependency to you mod, namely, HUD bars with major version 1 (the version is important, please mention it in the first post if you decide to merge).

I have noticed a few issues with the Sprint mod (unrelated to the PR):
  • The stamina is not reset after you respawn, it just keeps the value on death on respawn
  • The stamina is reset to SPRINT_STAMINA when you simply re-join the server

Hamguy

by Hamguy » Post

Double tap is stupid, and pressing e is stupid

[ Left Shift ] would make more sense.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Hamguy wrote:Double tap is stupid, and pressing e is stupid

[ Left Shift ] would make more sense.
So you would sneak to sprint? This is impossible.

If you want, change your Use key to [Left shift] and change your Sneak key to [E].

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

This mod is now compatible with the HUD bars mod. :-)

If HUD bars is installed, a HUD bar is shown like in the screenshot. If not, the old simple icon-based statbar is shown.

GunshipPenguin
GitHub: GunshipPenguin
IRC: GunshipPenguin
In-game: GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

Wuzzy wrote:This is a very interesting mod, I have finally tried it out on my computer and it works pretty fine.

This looks like a very good candidate to make use of my still experimental HUD bars mod. As soon as I hit the 1.0.0 milestone with it, I will seek to modifiy the code of this mod so it makes use of the HUD bars mod and use the current standard statbar as a fall-back option when this mod is not present.
When I am finished, I will open a pull request on GitHub.

Edit: I noticed that, sadly, this mod has a hard dependency on default, because it uses default_dirt.png as image for its particles. This dependency is completely unjustified if you ask me. The quick and lazy solution would be to provide your own particle image with the mod and use this instead. The sophisticated solution would be to use the top texture image of the node the player runs on. It is probably possible, but tricky, as one must account for all the possible node types, drawtypes etc. and find a solution which works on every node where creating a particle makes sense (i.e. walkable ones). Also, animated textures are probably tricky, too.

Also, I would recommend renaming “stamina.png” to something like “sprint_stamina_icon.png”, so it includes the prefix “sprint_”. It is a general recommendation to always name the textures under the scheme “<modname>_texturename.png” to prevent possible name clashes.
I wanted to use the node that the player is on for the particles originally but I couldn't find any way to do that with the modding API. I'll add my own sprint particle image instead.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

That's fine, too.

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

There is an issue with sprint mod

Sprint bar keeps decreasing while we are driving a car/helicopter/ufo when pushed E button.
My Mods:

Beverage

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

mahmutelmas06 wrote:There is an issue with sprint mod

Sprint bar keeps decreasing while we are driving a car/helicopter/ufo when pushed E button.
If SPRINT_METHOD is set to 1 (It is by default). Your stamina will always decrease when you're pressing e and you will travel faster, regardless of any other mods installed. I see that the UFO mod requires you to press e to use the UFO. Unfortunately, the e (aux1) key is the only key that I can access through the API and that would work with this mod.

nater6927

by nater6927 » Post

I have a problem

When I run it works fine, but when other players on my server without privs run they get glitched backwards. The server says that the player moved too fast and was set back to their position. I noticed when I gave them 'fast' privilege they can run just great. Is there any fix to this without them having the 'fast' priv?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

This is probably the automatic anti-cheat protection at work here. If you add the line “disable_anticheat = true” into minetest.conf, you disable it. This should stop position resetting.

nater6927

by nater6927 » Post

Wuzzy wrote:This is probably the automatic anti-cheat protection at work here. If you add the line “disable_anticheat = true” into minetest.conf, you disable it. This should stop position resetting.
Thank You! I can use this mod once again.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Do you can use hunger bar instead stamina bar like in minecraft, if hunger mod enabled? If player is running then hunger indicator reduced. If hunger is 3 or less then player can't run.

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

amadin wrote:Do you can use hunger bar instead stamina bar like in minecraft, if hunger mod enabled? If player is running then hunger indicator reduced. If hunger is 3 or less then player can't run.
When you say hunger bar, I assume you mean adding support for a hunger / food mod. While I agree that integrating this mod with a hunger / food mod would probably make for nicer survival gameplay, there are a number of hunger / food mods already out there, and picking one to add support for would difficult, and would require me to constantly keep an eye on the development of that mod in case there are any API changes. I'd rather just stick with the stamina bar for now.

amadin

by amadin » Post

GunshipPenguin wrote:
amadin wrote:Do you can use hunger bar instead stamina bar like in minecraft, if hunger mod enabled? If player is running then hunger indicator reduced. If hunger is 3 or less then player can't run.
When you say hunger bar, I assume you mean adding support for a hunger / food mod. While I agree that integrating this mod with a hunger / food mod would probably make for nicer survival gameplay, there are a number of hunger / food mods already out there, and picking one to add support for would difficult, and would require me to constantly keep an eye on the development of that mod in case there are any API changes. I'd rather just stick with the stamina bar for now.
So you must create you own hunger mod for use it with sprint :)

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

I edited the mod. It's working on my minemacro server. I became it compatible with anticheat.

This is a exelente work. Congratulations.

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

I improved a little the particles. It makes sense when dark particles is running on clean floors (wood, glass, tile, etc.)
I put small clouds of dust (comic inspiration)
example of inspiration
License: CC BY
(texture attached)
Attachments
sprint_particle.png
sprint_particle.png (299 Bytes) Viewed 1374 times

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

PR for you, GunshipPenguin!