[Mod] mysponge [mysponge]

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

[Mod] mysponge [mysponge]

by Don » Post

My daughter has been wanting me to make this mod. I would like to hear some constructive criticism because I know there must be better ways of doing this.

This is a sponge that soaks up water. Place the sponge in the water and water is absorbed in the sponge. The sponge grows.

Once the sponge has soaked up water you can put the sponge in the furnace to dry it out. This will give you 3 water source and return a dry sponge. If you place a soaked sponge with air around it it will dry out.
This mod adds dry leave. Cooks leaves and they dry out.

To craft a sponge:
default:mese_crystal_fragment , mysponge:dry_leaves , default:mese_crystal_fragment
mysponge:dry_leaves , default:mese_crystal_fragment , mysponge:dry_leaves
default:mese_crystal_fragment , mysponge:dry_leaves , default:mese_crystal_fragment

Download - https://github.com/DonBatman/mysponge/a ... master.zip
Github - https://github.com/DonBatman/mysponge
Licence - WTFPL
Spoiler
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] mysponge [mysponge]

by Sokomine » Post

Looks like it has some additional features (growing in size, cooking for getting water back). That might be pretty nice. Does it also pick up other liquids? Removing lava spills or that green hurting liquid in carbone might be further uses for a sponge.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Don

by Don » Post

Sokomine wrote:Looks like it has some additional features (growing in size, cooking for getting water back). That might be pretty nice. Does it also pick up other liquids? Removing lava spills or that green hurting liquid in carbone might be further uses for a sponge.
I only made it pick up water. This is a work in progress.
I was thinking of making it burn in lava but make it so you can upgrade it to pick up lava with a more advanced craft.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

This looks pretty cool. You might want to make the textures a little more detailed, and instead of using a bunch of different textures for the different amounts of water stored in it, I think you could just use [colorize to darken the texture slightly (i'm not exactly sure how)

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Don wrote:
Sokomine wrote:Looks like it has some additional features (growing in size, cooking for getting water back). That might be pretty nice. Does it also pick up other liquids? Removing lava spills or that green hurting liquid in carbone might be further uses for a sponge.
I only made it pick up water. This is a work in progress.
I was thinking of making it burn in lava but make it so you can upgrade it to pick up lava with a more advanced craft.
One time I made a mod that added a wooden bucket that could carry water, but if you used it on lava it would turn into default:skorched_stuff

Don

by Don » Post

12Me21 wrote:This looks pretty cool. You might want to make the textures a little more detailed, and instead of using a bunch of different textures for the different amounts of water stored in it, I think you could just use [colorize to darken the texture slightly (i'm not exactly sure how)
The texture needs to be changed. I made these textures up really fast just for testing. I haven't tried using colorize yet. I need to play with it to see how it works. Thanks for the suggestions.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

It would also be cool if you could pump water out of the sponge, so then you could have an underwater city that uses sponge to keep out the water (however this is kind of advanced, so It might be hard to do)

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

The sponge needs a Patrick too. :P

Don

by Don » Post

ExeterDad wrote:The sponge needs a Patrick too. :P
My daughter actually wants me to make a spongebob mod.
You do the models and I will put it together into a mod.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

I may pass on that as I can't afford to upset Nickeloden. But I had toyed with creating a complete world for my kids. For private use of course *cough*

Don

by Don » Post

ExeterDad wrote:I may pass on that as I can't afford to upset Nickeloden. But I had toyed with creating a complete world for my kids. For private use of course *cough*
Let me know if I can help. I want to help your kids of course *cough*

Don

by Don » Post

Update
Cleaned up code a bit
removed a few abm's
Changed textures.

Don

by Don » Post

Thanks to SmallJoker for the textures.

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

The fact that this lets me build under water? Makes it Awesome.

The fact you made it for your kid? Makes YOU Awesome.

In fact, I think it's safe to say... you've earned that Avatar, Don.
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

Don

by Don » Post

Update - fixed issue with sponge drying before you pick it up. Caused issue with putting in furnace.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Don wrote:Image

My daughter has been wanting me to make this mod. I would like to hear some constructive criticism because I know there must be better ways of doing this.

This is a sponge that soaks up water. Place the sponge in the water and water is absorbed in the sponge. The sponge grows.

Once the sponge has soaked up water you can put the sponge in the furnace to dry it out. This will give you 3 water source and return a dry sponge. If you place a soaked sponge with air around it it will dry out.
This mod adds dry leave. Cooks leaves and they dry out.

To craft a sponge:
mysponge:dry_leaves , default:mese_crystal_fragment , mysponge:dry_leaves

Download - https://github.com/DonBatman/mysponge/a ... master.zip
Github - https://github.com/DonBatman/mysponge
Licence - WTFPL
Spoiler

Nice Adding it to my subgame!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!