[Mod] Carts [carts]

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

Re: [Mod] Carts [carts]

by ABJ » Post

PA Wait I forgot! Cart coupling to make cart trains!!!! -will work EXCELLENTLY-until traintest of course :D but thats much later :) for now plz add the cart train feature with a special "control cart" for controlling also.

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Krock wrote:It's quite hard to make diagonal rails
There HAS been a pull request to add them: https://github.com/PilzAdam/carts/pull/8
But I've never tested it.

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Kilarin wrote:
Krock wrote:It's quite hard to make diagonal rails
There HAS been a pull request to add them: https://github.com/PilzAdam/carts/pull/8
But I've never tested it.
Thats waaaaaaay back in 2013. Sad that PA didn't do anything about it. By the way how do I get the files? And where to put them? (I'm not the best in Github)

freakedenough

by freakedenough » Post

I have a problem with this mod, the carts stop moving after 100 blocks.

Thats how my tunnels look alike

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

freakedenough wrote:I have a problem with this mod, the carts stop moving after 100 blocks.

Thats how my tunnels look alike

You can add more power rails. Don't worry about the cart overspeeding because it has a good speed limit. I've got a railway network made entirely of power rails and brake rails at station. And carts don't go too fast :)

freakedenough

by freakedenough » Post

It seems that those powered rails dont do anything. It doesnt help to add more of them.

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

freakedenough wrote:It seems that those powered rails dont do anything. It doesnt help to add more of them.
No they do. Cart's can't go 100 nodes if you just push. They need power rails. By the way did you worldedit the power rails in there? Or do you have mesecons enabled?

freakedenough

by freakedenough » Post

no worldedit and no mesecons enabled. i also tried to use only powerrails
after 100 blocks im standing still.

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

freakedenough wrote:no worldedit and no mesecons enabled. i also tried to use only powerrails
after 100 blocks im standing still.
Sigh I don't know WHAT to do about that. Try reinstalling.
BTW it's a griefing shame none of the pros are helping him :(

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

power rails need a power source.
Use mese blocks or mesecons or blinkyplants or ...

visit a server with carts installed and study the layouts

a screenshot from just a few weeks ago on this very thread showing a staion with meseblocks and buttons to start the cart when sitting inside and blinky plants powering the rails

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

twoelk wrote:power rails need a power source.
Use mese blocks or mesecons or blinkyplants or ...

visit a server with carts installed and study the layouts

a screenshot from just a few weeks ago on this very thread showing a staion with meseblocks and buttons to start the cart when sitting inside and blinky plants powering the rails
That's WITH mesecons. Mesecons have all these things. We're talking about non-mesecons powerrails. That said, I've visited many a server with carts installed, and they do not have wires next to the railways. I suggest looking at the area near the spawn with rails of Liberty Land Minetest, and Craig's Server's railway network when it's up and running again.
They don't have wires because they don't have mesecons. I've even successfully ridden a cart on both (though on Liberty Land I got stuck because a deficiency of powerrails and "derailed" on Craig's' :D)

EDIT: And I've got my own personal railway with no wires which actually works with no cart getting stuck at all. If you want, I'll show screenshots even :-)

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

I believe IF mesecons are inatalled, a power source is needed for each power rail. But if mesecons are not installed, the power rails will work without mesecons. But you still need a power rail every few normal rails. Or thats how they used to work.

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

I usually put 15 normal rails and 1 powered rails, and if you put a bunch of powered rails at the beginning, the cart keeps its speed pretty well, though I think it slows down after a while. I usually use this if I'm low on mese, or need to quickly lay a bunch of rails in un protected areas.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

FWIW look lag01 on forum and githib, he has a fork which works quite well on a server with many clients. I really don't think I have had much trouble with the mod, ot may have been optimized for heavy client load. Works quite well. I must say, for a quick demonstration go to the Jist Test server and hitch a ride near spawn. Carts are usually backed up at sunrise side of spawn past glass building. Try there to feel optimised used server mode.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

ExeterDad wrote:I believe IF mesecons are inatalled, a power source is needed for each power rail. But if mesecons are not installed, the power rails will work without mesecons. But you still need a power rail every few normal rails. Or thats how they used to work.
That's my point.

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

maikerumine wrote:FWIW look lag01 on forum and githib, he has a fork which works quite well on a server with many clients. I really don't think I have had much trouble with the mod, ot may have been optimized for heavy client load. Works quite well. I must say, for a quick demonstration go to the Jist Test server and hitch a ride near spawn. Carts are usually backed up at sunrise side of spawn past glass building. Try there to feel optimised used server mode.
I doubt that server is on the public list (At least I don't see it on my in-game list). What is that fork called? And if there is a forum thread can you post link? E|:-)

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

ABJ wrote:
maikerumine wrote:FWIW look lag01 on forum and githib, he has a fork which works quite well on a server with many clients. I really don't think I have had much trouble with the mod, ot may have been optimized for heavy client load. Works quite well. I must say, for a quick demonstration go to the Jist Test server and hitch a ride near spawn. Carts are usually backed up at sunrise side of spawn past glass building. Try there to feel optimised used server mode.
I doubt that server is on the public list (At least I don't see it on my in-game list). What is that fork called? And if there is a forum thread can you post link? E|:-)
It should be near the top of the list (it's "just test" not "jist test"), though it does restart every day at 5:30, and takes a while to come back on. (usually it's back at around 6:00)

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

[quote="12Me21"It should be near the top of the list (it's "just test" not "jist test"), though it does restart every day at 5:30, and takes a while to come back on. (usually it's back at around 6:00)[/quote]
Oh that. I remember rails in the flooded tunnel I ended up after descending a waterfall at spawn :( But me no ride cuz no cart and me get bord stif in der so me leeve

GFX_Garage
GitHub: GraphicsGarage
In-game: GFX

by GFX_Garage » Post

If you still need graphics for this, I'd be happy to help.

Here's some of my work:

http://torywright.deviantart.com/
"Well it is an ambiguous enterprise, and fraught with contradiction, but forward, ever forward" ~ Terence McKenna

https://www.youtube.com/user/GraphicsGarage/featured

http://torywright.deviantart.com/

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Um.....as I've said before, can you please add collision detection?
Or can someone at least fork? With coll-det and cargo carts? :)
(Well I'll personally maybe do that when I'm more learned in this stuff :D but for now, goto above)

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

You mean Boost Carts mod: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10172

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Yep I asked there and here but have received no response. Sapier has already done it in his monorails mod, but I want that in carts/boost cart. That and a fix to the jumping in boost cart but that I will ask there.

wappo

by wappo » Post

I want to keep moving the empty cart even when player is away doing other. For example, Empty cart do not work very long rails. (not loading map?)

sorry i am not english.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

@wappo: This is not possible without force-loading those mapblocks.
Minetest reduces its memory and CPU usage by unloading unused mapblocks/chunks and the carts unload a bit later.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Samson1
GitHub: MoJo4000
IRC: Samson1
In-game: Samson1

by Samson1 » Post

This is a really good mod, some things need fixing first like 1: You can not pickaxe a minecrart 2: the rails don't do anything as in the powered rails don't have power and nor do the brake rails stop the cart.

Try and copy the monorail modxD