[Mod] mydeck [mydeck]

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

[Mod] mydeck [mydeck]

by Don » Post

mydeck - build realistic decks
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Depends - Default
Download - mydeck
Github - mydeck
License - DWYWPL
Collaborators - ssieb
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tired of using wood blocks for a deck? Now you can make a realistic looking deck.

The latest version adds support for all dye colors.
You have to craft the stain brush and then use dye for the color.
Stain brushes wear out.

To Make a deck you need to craft a machine to make the parts.
When you place a joist on a beam they go together. Place the deck boards on the joists and they go together.
Use the stain brush to stain your deck.
(I will post more info soon)
Spoiler
Last edited by Don on Tue Apr 05, 2016 01:35, edited 6 times in total.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Napiophelios
GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

Re: [mod]mydeck[mydeck]

by Napiophelios » Post

are those hurricane clips on your framing?
thats so cool.

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

This is totally sick, amazing work Don, you never cease to amaze.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Amazing idea, Don!
In my opinion, it would be better to use the default wood texture to fit better with wooden houses.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

Nice work... but you really ought to learn Blender somewhen ;)

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Looks very great! :)

Try to get rid of the textures and use texture combinators and alpha masks so this mod blends in with all 16×16 texture packs :)

Don

by Don » Post

Thanks everyone.
I will consider switching the textures to default wood. If I do that then I will also add support for pinewood and jungle wood. Might even add moretrees support.
@jp - I plan on learning how to use blender after I learn how to write lua. Still a lot to learn.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

Don

by Don » Post

After a little consideration I decided not to use the default wood texture. I don't like the look of it. I am working on getting the number of images used down a bit.
If you have any more suggestions then please let me know.

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

The current texture looks really awesome, much better than the default wood texture. Maybe if you do use the default wood texture, make the gaps between the planks line up with the dark lines in the texture.

You should have more colors of stain, (like a darker one) and make different types of planks (for each type of tree). The current one could be for pine.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

I'm all for optimizing and using already loaded textures, but I'm opposed to using the default textures in this case. This mod is beautiful and it's appearance would degrade drastically. Don's latest screenshot says it all.

Don

by Don » Post

Thanks for the support. I am optimizing right now.
I am going to use alpha textures for stain. Thanks Linuxdirk for the suggestion.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Looks very nice! I hope to find this on servers soon so that it may be used for buildings.

The texture is indeed a problem. Lining up the gaps between the planks with the end of the elements might indeed help a bit.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

I just played around with this mod, have to say it is as amazing as it looks, but I'm seeing two problems. Corner rails don't always rotate to connect the two side rails and the floor joists seem a little finky in placing, they seem to rotate either direction without caring what they are being placed against. I could be just doing it all wrong though.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

ExeterDad wrote:I'm all for optimizing and using already loaded textures, but I'm opposed to using the default textures in this case. This mod is beautiful and it's appearance would degrade drastically. Don's latest screenshot says it all.
The reason that screenshot looks bad is because the textures don't line up with the node boxes. with a small amount of work, you could make the lines in the wood line up with the holes between the planks, and it would look better. Of course, this wouldn't be a replacement for the original textures, but just another alternative.

Don

by Don » Post

Nathan.S wrote:I just played around with this mod, have to say it is as amazing as it looks, but I'm seeing two problems. Corner rails don't always rotate to connect the two side rails and the floor joists seem a little finky in placing, they seem to rotate either direction without caring what they are being placed against. I could be just doing it all wrong though.
When you place the nodes they place based on what direction you are facing. I will do a little more testing to make sure I have it right.
The corner rail is also based on your facedir. It places along the back and right side.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Don wrote:
Nathan.S wrote:I just played around with this mod, have to say it is as amazing as it looks, but I'm seeing two problems. Corner rails don't always rotate to connect the two side rails and the floor joists seem a little finky in placing, they seem to rotate either direction without caring what they are being placed against. I could be just doing it all wrong though.
When you place the nodes they place based on what direction you are facing. I will do a little more testing to make sure I have it right.
The corner rail is also based on your facedir. It places along the back and right side.
Maybe you could have them autoconnect, like with mesecons. (but not as complex, though!)

Don

by Don » Post

Just pushed the new changes to github. Using an alpha texture for stain now.
https://github.com/DonBatman/mydeck/archive/master.zip

Don

by Don » Post

12Me21 wrote:
Don wrote:
Maybe you could have them autoconnect, like with mesecons. (but not as complex, though!)
As soon as I figure out how to make that happen then I will. I am just learning how to program so there is a lot I still do not know.
If anyone wants to help with this or anything else please feel free to do so. Whether it is comments, point to where to find the info to make things work or help write the code. I appreciate it all.

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

Thanks, Now I won't have a deck that looks like a checker board.

TG-MyinaWD
GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Post

WOW DON!
This beyond minetest!
I am really going add this to my Realism Life (minetest subgame).
Just wait until you see I make with some HD textures.

Keep these awesome ideas coming. since I just might add them all to my Subgame XD
And you sir deserving to have an an Rating.
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImage
5 out of 5 Mese Crystals
Spoiler
Nothing here yet.
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

Don

by Don » Post

Alt. Tester wrote:WOW DON!
This beyond minetest!
I am really going add this to my Realism Life (minetest subgame).
Just wait until you see I make with some HD textures.

Keep these awesome ideas coming. since I just might add them all to my Subgame XD
And you sir deserving to have an an Rating.
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImage
5 out of 5 Mese Crystals
Spoiler
Nothing here yet.
Thank you. Glad people like it. You might want to take a look on my website to see if any of my other mods would work in your game. I don't have them all on the forum yet. Link in my signature.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Don wrote:
12Me21 wrote:
Don wrote:--
As soon as I figure out how to make that happen then I will. I am just learning how to program so there is a lot I still do not know.
If anyone wants to help with this or anything else please feel free to do so. Whether it is comments, point to where to find the info to make things work or help write the code. I appreciate it all.
I can help with making the autoconnect (hopefully)

Don

by Don » Post

Awesome. 12Me21. I would love the help. Maybe you could teach me something.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Why are there so many lua files!

Thermal_Shock

by Thermal_Shock » Post

This mod really is very impressive. You could easily go hog wild and create the deck and patio version of Home Decor if you wanted to.

Screw those cheap autocad technical drawings. Create your backyard oasis with Minetest!