[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.09] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

yes, it's easy to set metadata for mobs, but hovering over a mob and getting it to actually display that information is what devs were asked to add...

Skyjets
In-game: Skyjets

by Skyjets » Post

I really love this mod, but it would be nice if we could breed the animals.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

You CAN breed the animals... sheep (8 wheat), cows (8 wheat), hogs (8 apples), chickens (8 wheat)... feed two of the same animal what's in brackets to get them in the mood and they will have a baby... Feed baby same food to make it grow up quicker :)

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:You CAN breed the animals... sheep (8 wheat), cows (8 wheat), hogs (8 apples), chickens (8 wheat)... feed two of the same animal what's in brackets to get them in the mood and they will have a baby... Feed baby same food to make it grow up quicker :)
The first time my daughter bred an animal she go so excited and ran around trying to make as many babies as she could.
Love this mod.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Lol, once a breeding pair has had a child they need to recover for 200 seconds before being able to have anymore, I may increase this... Children take 240 seconds to grow into adults and cannot be picked up with magic lasso until then...

Danfun64

by Danfun64 » Post

mobs_enable_blood = false does nothing. I am running 4.12 and the latest trunk build of mobs redo.

LA411

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [0.3] [mobs]

by LA411 » Post

pets are here
thank you ,you are the greatest.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Danfun64: in the game type:

/set -n mobs_enable_blood false

then restart game and it works fine...

Ivà
GitHub: melzua
IRC: melzua
In-game: melzua

by Ivà » Post

Hello Tenplus1,

I make a pull requests on mobs_redo github (I'm melzua there). The first commit is about the jump of mobs, all of them jumps alot when they are stuck but none of them can effectively climb a node (sorry if I don't describe it clearly, I'm not good speaking english). With this patch mobs still jumps alot but now they can climb mountains if they want to do so.

The second commit is for mobs avoiding water. Yeah I know that mobs can "float", but... you know... I'm collecting tons of fresh meat (or not so fresh) near the beach :D

This is my first pull request and first contribution on minetest mods world, make with it watever you want :)

Thanks for your work!

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

Most animals will not attempt a jump they cannot achieve, nor will they enter water if they can't swim. Cats should be able to leap several nodes up or down (and possibly not suffer falling damage?). Sheep and goats should be capable of mountaineering. Cattle should be containable with ditches. In general I think they should all jump around less.

They should all move towards food - is it possible to make cats chase live rats?

No expectations here. At some point I hope to get my head around the mobs api and present some patches. Ivà (melzua)'s patch looks good to me.
Grailtest is stirring ...

Ivà
GitHub: melzua
IRC: melzua
In-game: melzua

by Ivà » Post

Thankyou afflatus. I'm using this patch on my home family server and kids (and I) like those small changes. About moving towards food, I think that it should not be too difficult to adapt existing monster's code and make sheeps, cows, etc... search for grass and "attack" it. The same for cats and rats, but I'm not sure and my programming skills are limited.

Related to that, MirceaKitsune forks the PilzAdam SimpleMobs too and managed to get very interesting additions to the api (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9240). Well, in fact He did many more than that, He practically makes a new subgame :-) Related to mobs api stuff, He implemented alliances, affinities, node targets, avoidings, personalityes, and many other interesting things.

TenPlus1, are you interested in some of these changes or would you prefer to mantain the api fast and not very complex?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I like many of the features in both carbone mobs and creatures games and will check the code and see what can be implemented without the api becoming too slow or lagging servers...

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

Quick question, are you accepting any more animals/mobs to add to this mod? I have a few that I'd try my hand at making if they'd be put to use.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Rochambeau

by Rochambeau » Post

Nathan.S wrote:Quick question, are you accepting any more animals/mobs to add to this mod? I have a few that I'd try my hand at making if they'd be put to use.
Speaking of which, i ported the zombie from creatures to mobs redo. If anybody is interested.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Yes it's interresting, if you can post the models/textures/config mob file, that's great

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Mobs Redo is suppose to be a base mod to start off with and then you add additional mods that use the built-in api to add more animals and monsters to your game, so I'm trying to keep it small... cmobs, kpgmobs and slimes have been ported to using mobs redo base and work fine so I would love to see your zombie added as a new monster mob to the game :)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

afflatus wrote: Most animals will not attempt a jump they cannot achieve, nor will they enter water if they can't swim. Cats should be able to leap several nodes up or down (and possibly not suffer falling damage?). Sheep and goats should be capable of mountaineering. Cattle should be containable with ditches. In general I think they should all jump around less.

They should all move towards food - is it possible to make cats chase live rats?
That'd all be great, but I'm afraid it'll also cost performance. More intelligent mob behaviour makes them slower and increases code complexity. Sapiers mobf does have more complex behaviour.

If mobs can now be breeded, it would be very helpful if they could stay in the area they where assigned to. Placing a fence and putting animals inside works with mobf, but that's about it - all other mob mods i've seen so far fail so much that all you can ever hope for is some random mob spawning on your meadow.

I'd love to see "stuipid mobs" - a mob mod where the animals are - well, stupid. Animals that can be kept inside the area you put a fence around (because they won't jump on each other's back and escape), and where the mobs (sheep, cows, goats, chicken) do stand around a lot doing not too much or even have a little lie-down and re-eat their grass as good farm animals ought to do.
Nathan.S wrote: Quick question, are you accepting any more animals/mobs to add to this mod? I have a few that I'd try my hand at making if they'd be put to use.
Your goat is just great! If the other animals are of likewise quality, they ought to be added as well.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Rochambeau

by Rochambeau » Post

Here is the zombie converted from creatures mod to mobs redo.

Just unzip and copy all files and folders to the official mobs redo folder and add this line to init.lua

Code: Select all

dofile(minetest.get_modpath("mobs").."/zombie.lua") 
An overall finetuning has to be done (armor, hps), but in general it works.
Attachments
mobs.zip
(121.71 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Sokomine: the new api supports breeding of mobs and so far the cow, sheep, chicken and hogs can be bred with wheat/ seed/ apples and the animals cannot jump over fences now...

Also, here is the Zombie added as a separate mod (re-uploaded), unpack into MODS folder and enable...
Attachments
zombie.zip
(121.66 KiB) Downloaded 1428 times
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Fri May 01, 2015 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

TenPlus1 wrote: Sokomine: the new api supports breeding of mobs and so far the cow, sheep, chicken and hogs can be bred with wheat/ seed/ apples and the animals cannot jump over fences now...
That's good! Thank you. That way, it'll be possible to prevent them from escaping :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.10] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Update: Added explosion routine for exploding mobs (and Dungeon Master)... Removed footstep feature (use replace instead)...

And for good show here's an exploding mob to try out, Davedevil's Creeper mod...
Attachments
creeper.zip
(28.75 KiB) Downloaded 1528 times

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Don't you consider the same system you use actually for the NPC on the wolf ?

The purpose is to tamed the wolf in exchange of 4 raw_meat, after that the wolf became a dog (with a different texture, maybe a brown texture) and follow and protect you.

If we can health the dog is exchange of raw_meat, like bread for npc, it will be a great thing...

I think we will add this feature in MinetestForFun server, i just want to know if you have already do this work or i need ton implement i myself :)

Thank you in advance for your answer

(PS : thank you for your great improve of the explosion ;))
Last edited by Minetestforfun on Mon Apr 27, 2015 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The author of pmobs has done just that and has the ability to tame wolves into dogs and make npc's into guards... Why add when it's out there already :)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10354&hilit=pmobs&start=25#p174909

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Ok thank you for the information, i will add an issue on your github this night for the integration of wolf/dog tamed/follow and protect players ;) (the code need to be re-organized and tweaked)

I need also to update the API and integrate ghoat/zombies this night... :p

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Minetestforfun: Mobs Redo was created as a base for other mobs to be added through user mods, not to include all mobs in one package which would end up huge... Let's keep the zombies and wolf/dog in a separate mod...