[Game] Fractured [0.01] [WIP]

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

Re: [Game] Fractured [0.01] [WIP]

by Kilarin » Post

12Me21 wrote:If you place all 4 markers in on top of each other, it will crash the game.
We will DEFINITELY have to deal with that issue then.
Krock wrote:The result of those complex structures is mostly a longer generation time but it makes the world amazing.
There is a cost for having cool things. :) BUT, since Hero has already been showing me how to tweak my code for improvements, I'm hoping I can still find some inefficiencies and make it generate faster. Right now I'm sometimes having to wait 8 seconds or even more for a new chunk to load.

By the way, I'm certain most of the people here already know how to test multiplayer functionality if you don't have a real server set up. But for those few who are ignorant like me, here is my multiplayer testing method:

Create a game in singleplayer
open minetest, server tab,choose game, connect
open another minetest, client tab
address: 127.0.0.1 Port: 30000
enter a user name and log in.

You can switch back and forth between the minetests sessions and test out any multiplayer functionality issues without even having to have a live internet connection.

Now testing for Lag? THATS a whole nuther ball game.

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Kilarin wrote:
12Me21 wrote:If you place all 4 markers in on top of each other, it will crash the game.
Krock wrote:The result of those complex structures is mostly a longer generation time but it makes the world amazing.
There is a cost for having cool things. :) BUT, since Hero has already been showing me how to tweak my code for improvements, I'm hoping I can still find some inefficiencies and make it generate faster. Right now I'm sometimes having to wait 8 seconds or even more for a new chunk to load.

By the way, I'm certain most of the people here already know how to test multiplayer functionality if you don't have a real server set up. But for those few who are ignorant like me, here is my multiplayer testing method:

You can switch back and forth between the minetests sessions and test out any multiplayer functionality issues without even having to have a live internet connection.

Lol lag happens all the time, no matter what minetest game you use (especailly if you have a slow computer)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

12Me21 wrote:
Kilarin wrote:

Lol lag happens all the time, no matter what minetest game you use (especailly if you have a slow computer)
I will test for lag. Let me close the ten programs open...or not
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

Kilarin, what is your PC hardware like? I have a decently strong laptop, and this is the generation I get:

Code: Select all

[ore_thin] 282 ms
[newspawn_gen] chunk minp (48 -32 -32)
[newspawn_gen] 94 ms
[blast_gen] chunk minp (48 -20 -32)
[blast_gen] 78 ms
[wst_gen] chunk minp (48 -32 -32)
[wst_gen] 110 ms
[ore_thin] chunk minp (-32 -32 -32)
[orethin] (-32,-32,-32) dist=55.425625842204 orethin_maxdist=45000 adj=0.05
[ore_thin] 95 ms
[newspawn_gen] chunk minp (-32 -32 -32)
[newspawn_gen] 93 ms
[fracrift_ure_gen] chunk minp (-32 -32 -32)
[fracrift_ure_gen] 173 ms
[blast_gen] chunk minp (-32 -20 -32)
[blast_gen] 78 ms
[wst_gen] chunk minp (-32 -32 -32)
[wst_gen] 157 ms
[ore_thin] chunk minp (48 -32 48)
[orethin] (48,-32,48) dist=75.046652157175 orethin_maxdist=45000 adj=0.025
[ore_thin] 78 ms
[newspawn_gen] chunk minp (48 -32 48)
[newspawn_gen] 33 ms
[blast_gen] chunk minp (48 -20 48)
[blast_gen] 63 ms
[wst_gen] chunk minp (48 -32 48)
[wst_gen] 95 ms
[ore_thin] chunk minp (-32 -32 48)
[orethin] (-32,-32,48) dist=65.969690009883 orethin_maxdist=45000 adj=0.05
[ore_thin] 109 ms
[newspawn_gen] chunk minp (-32 -32 48)
[newspawn_gen] 33 ms
[fracrift_ure_gen] chunk minp (-32 -32 48)
[fracrift_ure_gen] 125 ms
[blast_gen] chunk minp (-32 -20 48)
[blast_gen] 93 ms
[wst_gen] chunk minp (-32 -32 48)
[wst_gen] 111 ms
[ore_thin] chunk minp (-32 -112 48)
[orethin] (-32,-112,48) dist=125.98412598419 orethin_maxdist=45000 adj=0.05
[ore_thin] 78 ms
[fracrift_ure_gen] chunk minp (-32 -112 48)
[fracrift_ure_gen] 141 ms
[ore_thin] chunk minp (-32 48 48)
[orethin] (-32,48,48) dist=75.046652157175 orethin_maxdist=45000 adj=0.05
[ore_thin] 32 ms
[newspawn_gen] chunk minp (-32 48 48)
[newspawn_gen] 33 ms
[fracrift_ure_gen] chunk minp (-32 48 48)
[fracrift_ure_gen] 141 ms
[blast_gen] chunk minp (-32 48 48)
[blast_gen] 33 ms
[wst_gen] chunk minp (-32 48 48)
[wst_gen] 125 ms
[ore_thin] chunk minp (-32 -112 -32)
[orethin] (-32,-112,-32) dist=120.79735096433 orethin_maxdist=45000 adj=0.05
[ore_thin] 110 ms
[newspawn_gen] chunk minp (-32 -112 -32)
[newspawn_gen] 78 ms
[fracrift_ure_gen] chunk minp (-32 -112 -32)
[fracrift_ure_gen] 173 ms
[wst_gen] chunk minp (-32 -112 -32)
[wst_gen] 141 ms
Never more than 300 ms, and only once even close to that. Perhaps I can look over the code a bit more, and look for optimizations... Seems like the rift generation is the most to blame.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

HeroOfTheWinds wrote:what is your PC hardware like?
OLD. :) 2006 machine

HP Pavilion a1600n AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz
2965MB of Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE graphics card
Linux 3.13.0-46-generic #77-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 2 18:26:13 UTC 201
Distribution: Xubuntu

And usually performs pretty well, but its OLD and should probably NOT be our benchmark. :)

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

The power of the world stone was so great, that it causes lag lol

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

updated to version 0.07 on github: https://github.com/Kilarin/fractured/archive/master.zip
No play changes, but a structural change.
I added a new mod "fractured" that has the functions iswild(pos) and wilddist(pos)
iswild returns true if pos is in the area defined as wild instead of tame. (just if x<0 in my version)
and wilddist returns your distance into the wild region (with negative value for distance into tame region)

the purpose of these to functions is so we will have ONE centralized function that determines these values and can be called within multiple mods. And if someone else wants to use fractured "wild" function in a different way. To, for example, create only certain areas of the world that are wild instead of everything in the west, then they can just modified the functions in fractured.

I changed the way wilddist is calculated to increase the importance of your distance -x over distances to y or z. The idea being that a player shouldn't be able to travel 30,000 along the z axis down the fracture in the relatively tame east, and then hop over the fracture and suddenly be at the same wilddist as someone who slogged 30,000 nodes along the x axis through increasing danger all the way. With this formula, distance actually traveled into the west is more significant when calculating the dangers (and rewards) that will be generated there.

I updated orethinning and areas mods to use the new iswild and wilddist functions.

ALSO, I'm converting the programs where I used spaces into tabs. I HATE tabs. But in a collaborative open source project, I should try to use what is considered the standards. <sigh>

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Kilarin wrote: ALSO, I'm converting the programs where I used spaces into tabs. I HATE tabs. But in a collaborative open source project, I should try to use what is considered the standards. <sigh>
What do you hate about tabs? They are so much easier to use than spaces, since tabs always go out so certain defined spots, no matter what text there is before or after them.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

@12Me21 Because tabs can very in behaviour a between editors. Imo, if your project uses tabs, only use tabs, and if your project uses spaces, only use spaces. Consistency is more important.
Back from the dead!

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Evergreen wrote:@12Me21 Because tabs can very in behaviour a between editors.
Spaces differ even more in behavior. If you use a bad editor that isn't monospaced, then spaces will not work.
With tabs, the text will always line up.

Also, when have tabs ever differed in behavior, besides just being different lengths?
If tabs are causing problems, then you are using a really horrible text editor, even Notepad has working tabs!

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

12Me21 wrote:What do you hate about tabs?
I'm a text purist. I don't like having control characters in my text files, not even tabs. I'm not claiming it's reasonable, just that I like spaces. Spaces are simple.
BUT, that's beside the point. The standard on Minetest is to use tabs, and if I intend to be working on the same files with other programmers, I need to conform to the standard.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Kilarin wrote:
12Me21 wrote:What do you hate about tabs?
I'm a text purist. I don't like having control characters in my text files, not even tabs. I'm not claiming it's reasonable, just that I like spaces. Spaces are simple.
BUT, that's beside the point. The standard on Minetest is to use tabs, and if I intend to be working on the same files with other programmers, I need to conform to the standard.
But doesn't pressing enter (creating a new line) create control characters too?

But whatever, this is a stupid argument/
and spaces are definitely not simple, since they can be different lengths, and they won't line up in different text editors. But tabs are nice and simple, and will usually line up in the same way, as long as you have a decent text editor (even things like Microsoft word!)

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Just an update to let folks know that progress is still being made...
Due to some help from TenPlus1 I THINK I may have a solution to the pvp allowed in the west but not in the east problem!
And,
I've been working on improvements to a very important mod that I think will make a big difference, not only in fractured, but perhaps in lots of different games. Hope to have the first update out in the next few days.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

I have offered a pull request to Sokomine's Markers mod:
https://github.com/Sokomine/markers/pull/7
And have updated fractured with my changes:
https://github.com/Kilarin/fractured/archive/master.zip

I think Sokomine has a good point that some users have a difficult time marking an area by picking out opposite corners. And I believe that the markers mod is a very clever way of addressing that issue.

But when I was experimenting with it, I realized that I was having a difficult time getting my markers into a perfect rectangle, and all at the same level. And when I was thinking about it, I realized that with a small change, markers might be even MORE intuitive to use.

What this change does is alter markers so that the user doesn't have to worry about trying to get a rectangle at all. They just plop down markers, as many as they wish, at all of the extremes of their build. They can even build a "fence" of markers around the build if they wish. They can also place markers at the lowest and highest points of the build they wish to protect.

Then, when the user right clicks on ANY of these markers, the code just runs through a quick loop and calculates the opposite corners of a 3d box that contains all of those markers. And THAT becomes the basis of the area to be protected.

For example, here I've built a really simple (and not very pretty) house:

But oh! How shall I mark it for protection? it's not square, and it's not all on the same level and basic geometry confuses me!

Never fear, I just plop down markers all around the house, being certain to hit all of the extremities and have at least one marker at the lowest point and one marker at the highest point:

Now I right click on ANY of those markers and:
The calculated points, (179,26,-2) and (191,34,9) are the minimum and maximum corners of a cube that contains every single marker placed. There aren't even markers at those positions, but the program calculated them for me. I still have the option to extend the protected zone up and down from marked positions, but now the "above" number is for extending above 34 (the y value of the highest placed marker) and the "below" value is for extending below 26 (the y value of the lowest placed marker)

I feel that this takes the already great idea for markers, and makes it even easier and more intuitive to use.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Maybe you should make the markers one node high, so they won't look like they protect more area than they really do.

Also, it would be cool if you could see the boundaries of the protected area, like if you click a button in the menu, it will spawn entities that show the edges of the area, so you can tell if you missed anything.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

12Me21 wrote:Maybe you should make the markers one node high, so they won't look like they protect more area than they really do.
A very good idea.
12Me21 wrote:Also, it would be cool if you could see the boundaries of the protected area, like if you click a button in the menu, it will spawn entities that show the edges of the area, so you can tell if you missed anything.
My son wants the same thing. I'm planning on looking at the way TenPlus1's protection blocks do it and see if it can be added to areas. I would also like for the markers to self-destruct once you've created the area.

BUT, I learned when forking the carts mod that it is better to offer pull requests one step at a time instead of making lots of changes all at once. That give the original author an easier time testing and picking and choosing what they want to keep.

TeTpaAka

by TeTpaAka » Post

Hello Kilarin,

this subgame looks surely interesting. But I am having some problems with git. I don't know, whether I am doing something wrong, but I always and up with empty compassgps, explorertoolsall and bridgetool folders. Do I have to download them manually?

Anyway, since they are not essential, I think, I can simply ignore them for now.

For the game, I would really like to help developing it.
Since this game is headed in a fantasy like direction with magic (the world stone, for example) I would like to develop a spell system, so players can do magic themselves. But I think, players should evolve over time. They shouldn't be allowed to use all spells right from the start. They should train in magic to get better. So a skill system would be useful.
Furthermore, you would need to unlock the spells before you can use them the first time. Combined with the fracture, this would allow a separation of spell types. In the east, you would find more constructive spells, like spells for building or healing. In the west, spells would be more dangerous and can harm others (attack spells, dark magic ...).
Magic should cost the player something. Maybe we should include Mana? This would also allow to use less energy on spells that you mastered, I mean, where you have high levels.
If a hunger system gets included, it would be possible to speed up getting hungry while you recover mana, what seems logical to me.
Concerning the discovery of spells, quests would be a possibility. So you would get more advanced spells for more dangerous tasks. I thought of some temples for giving the quests. It would seem logical in a world, where magic plays a big role that there would be concurring magic schools that develop different spells, so fighting magic wouldn't be impossible.
For the rewards, I was thinking about Treasurer. Though it has no option to determine whether you are in the west or in the east, I think I could still make use of this unified system. I could simply give a dummy role with the level of the spell and replace it myself by a fitting spell, depending on the location. But using treasurer has the advantage, or disadvantage, that you are not limited to spells as rewards but you also get a lot of useless, er, I mean usefull items.
Another source for spells could be dungeons with boss fights. There you could find the most dangerous spells that would not only harm your enemy, but that could go completely wrong and kill yourself. Maybe spells that drain live energy from your target and, if they don't find a suitable victim, take you. A death spell that always kills... Sounds dangerous.
As a long time target, maybe creatures could be integrated for the animal system. It has an quite interesting approach by trying to eliminate the differences between players and NPCs. The standard behaviour is, that you start as a ghost and have to possess an animal/human/monster to do something serious in the world. But it shouldn't be to hard to change that you still start as a human and can possess the animals by using spells. Maybe only for a short amount of time? (I'd love being a dragon, by the way. There are dragons in this world, aren't they? Maybe deep in the west?)
Doing this would be easy using playereffects. This would also be useful for most other spells. (I already have a working spell system I would like to continue, but I need some ideas, especially for the crafting recipes.) This would also help developing some potions.

Anyway, what do you think of the ideas stated above? What should I face first or is there something else I might do? You are the boss and should state the direction where everything is going. I don't want to code something that isn't integrated so I wait for your answer.

Regards, TeTpaAka.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Love the ideas TeTpaAka. I will have a more detailed discussion of your suggestions soon. Buried under for the next 2 days.

And you are absolutely right about compassgps, bridgetool, and explorertools, they are empty in github, although I have no idea why. will correct that this weekend.

Do want to let folks know that I believe the pvp problem is mostly resolved. Will have an update coming out next week.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

I think your ideas for the magic system fit in VERY well with what my son and I were discussing TeTpaAka.
creatures ... The standard behaviour is, that you start as a ghost and have to possess an animal/human/monster to do something serious in the world.
Yeah, that, while fascinating, wouldn't fit very in this world.
But it shouldn't be to hard to change that you still start as a human and can possess the animals by using spells. Maybe only for a short amount of time?
And that sounds perfect!
(I'd love being a dragon, by the way. There are dragons in this world, aren't they? Maybe deep in the west?)
Very much hope to have dragons!

Right now I'm suffering from a problem in my pvp system. :(

Question for all of you minetest lua geniuses.

If I have an itemstack, I can do: local cap = itemstack:get_tool_capabilities();
And then cap.damage_groups.fleshy tells me how much damage this tool should do to a person or monster.

BUT

if I am looping through all of the tools in the game with a for loop like this:
for cou,def in pairs(minetest.registered_tools) do
def.on_use works just fine, but def.get_tool_capabilities() results in:
attempt to call field 'get_tool_capabilities' (a nil value)

Why can I get the tool capabilities from the itemstack, but not directly from the tool?
I'm doing something stupid here, I know, but I'm sleepy. Will work on it next time I get a break. Any advice or help will be much appreciated.

TeTpaAka

by TeTpaAka » Post

Kilarin wrote:Why can I get the tool capabilities from the itemstack, but not directly from the tool?
I'm doing something stupid here, I know, but I'm sleepy. Will work on it next time I get a break. Any advice or help will be much appreciated.
It's simple. The registered_tools table doesn't contain itemstacks but tables of the tool definition. So, the function you're trying to call isn't defined. But you can get the tool capabilities by using:

local cap = dev.tool_capabilities
The Problem is, this value can be nil, for example for the screwdriver or the compass. So you have to check for allowed values.
To check what a variable actually is, I find useful using

print(dump(def))
from time to time. It allows seeing such simple mistakes.
Kilarin wrote:
(I'd love being a dragon, by the way. There are dragons in this world, aren't they? Maybe deep in the west?)
Very much hope to have dragons!
The Problem with dragons, right now, is, that you can't simply set the collision box for the player like you can for other entities. That's why, most of the mobs of the creatures mod are humanoid. And being a rat is annoying because you need still a tunnel being 2 nodes high. Hope this changes in the future.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

TeTpaAka wrote:The registered_tools table doesn't contain itemstacks but tables of the tool definition.
Obviously I was VERY sleepy. :) Makes perfect sense, thank you.

Another idiot problem I had: explorertoolsall, compassgps, and bridgetool are all correctly in the github now. I copied those folders over directly from my working directories. STUPID, they still had their own .git folder, and so git apparently ignored them when I did git add -A. Corrected now, and I will know to NOT DO THAT in the future. :)

Big change in this update is a new mod wildweapons:
Browse wildweapons code here: https://github.com/Kilarin/fractured/tr ... ildweapons
download fractured 0.8 here: https://github.com/Kilarin/fractured/archive/master.zip
Not much to it for taking me so long to figure out. <sigh> Big thanks to TenPlus1 for his example of how to make a weapon that could bypass pvp, to 4aiman for an example of how to stack calls, and to TeTpaAka for explaining how not to code like an idiot. :)

wildweapons loops through every tool in the game (It needs to soft depends on all mods that add tools) and it adds its own special on_use function to each tool that can cause fleshy damage (then calls the tools original on_use function, so it stacks the calls)
pvp is turned off now, so you can not damage another player, BUT, in the west, wildweapon_onuse bypasses the pvp code and applies damage directly to the player! wildweapon_onuse does NOT take into account armor yet, so more work is needed. And if we get the on_push callback that is planned for 0.5, we may decide to replace this functionality entirely, but it works for now.

SO, now we have two critical functions that I was afraid might be difficult to make work. Protection works in the east but not in the west. And pvp is off in the east, but possible in the west (with tools, not open hand yet)

And just to make certain I was absolutely clear TeTpaAka, I would be THRILLED if you would work on your magic system for fractured. I reserve the right to pick and choose and make some changes if I wish, and fully expect there to be multiple forks of fractured with variations that fit with other peoples visions better. But if that is ok with you, please feel welcomed to assist. I need a LOT of assistance. :)

TeTpaAka

by TeTpaAka » Post

For now, I made a fork of fractured for the development of the magic subsystem. ATM, I only included my magic modpack (wands and spells, they are separate mods, because I originally wanted the spells to be disable-able and provide a stable API, but now, I think I take them as defaults.) with the dependencies playereffects and mana. They are WTFPL, so I think this should not be a problem.
There are currently only a few spells:

Normal Spells
  • Light Orb
  • Dig Node
  • Place Node
  • Heal Yourself
  • Retrieve Item
  • Fly (playereffects)
  • Water Breath (playereffects)
Attack Spells
can be disabled with *enable_attack_spells = false*
  • Blind player (playereffects)
  • Take player down (playereffects)
  • Damage
  • Stun player (playereffects)
I modified the attack spells, so they respect fractured and only work in the west.
But I need some more ideas for spells to make it fun.
There are currently no crafting recipes, but I think I'll replace the current wand with a number of different wands. What about these:
  • Apprentice wand:
    Easy to obtain wand, spells cost more mana than normal, breaks often, takes long to recover
  • wand of speed:
    spells cost the regular amount of mana, takes a short time to recover
  • normal wand:
    Nothing is overpowered, normal mana consume, medium time to recover
  • masters wand:
    Hard to obtain, lower mana cost, short recover time (But longer than the wand of speed), takes long to break
  • wand of time:
    Very hard to obtain (Maybe a piece of the world stone to craft? Or only as a quest item for hard quests?), like masters wand, but doesn't break at all
For now, you would have to giveme wands:wand_1 and giveme wands:spellbook and giveme wands:unlocker to try it out.
Place the unlocker on the ground and right click to enable some spells, click with the spellbook to chose the spells and use your wand to test them out (right click to toggle).

After that, the next step would be defining the temples. I need some ideas for quests. I thought about something like:
  • Collect some items (Nodes, ores, entity drops ...)
  • Find a specific point (Needs to be a later quest. The target area needs to be discovered if there should be something predictable. Or you would end up in the ground.)
  • Attack another temple
  • Repair the temple
  • Bring some items to another temple
  • Kill some enemies (players - especially for dark magic, mobs)
  • guard the temple for an amount of time. Maybe adding a wave of mobs would make the time more interesting.
Do you have additional suggestions?

Furthermore, there need to be concurring temples. So I would need some schematics for the temples. What directions should the temples go?
  • Dark magic - Maybe underground? With obsidian and lava? And traps?
  • Fire magic - A red temple of desert stone? Much fire that doesn't stop burning?
  • Water magic - A temple under water?
  • Air magic - A temple in midair? On the level of the clouds? Maybe higher?
  • Earth magic - This could be the main amount of temple, considering the world stone was there for some time. I think, this would be the most common temple. (And thus, the most useless)
Do you have any additions or other suggestions?
For this list, I assumed, the magic system should follow the more or less standard alchemy with the four elements:

Air
            |
Fire--------+---------Water
            |
          Earth
And an additional dark magic. Maybe, the dark magic isn't necessary since the attack spells should come from every direction? Should I make a totally new magic system around a belief in the world stone? (Thinking about it, this seems more reasonable.)

After the addition of a regular source of spells, the next step would be the skill system.
Question: Should the skills be per spell or per school (air, fire, ...)? Maybe a combination?

For now, my work shouldn't be included, because everything is still under heavy development and unstable as hell. I keep uploading any additions I make to my repository. I'll tell you when I'm OK with an inclusion (by making a pull request - some day)

BTW, I made an issue on Github for the wildweapons mod. It is good, but not finished.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

TeTpaAka wrote: I made an issue on Github for the wildweapons mod. It is good, but not finished.
not just not finished, but VERY BAD BUG:https://github.com/Kilarin/fractured/issues/6
I gotta figure out how to restore the regular functionality of tools when on_use is nil by default. ugh.

So far I think your magic system looks fascinating. Hope to get more time to look at it in the near future.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Kilarin wrote:
TeTpaAka wrote: I made an issue on Github for the wildweapons mod. It is good, but not finished.
not just not finished, but VERY BAD BUG:https://github.com/Kilarin/fractured/issues/6
I gotta figure out how to restore the regular functionality of tools when on_use is nil by default. ugh.
you could use punch functions instead of the on_use, l think

Maybe this tower can be used for mapgen, you could calculate the crack somewhere with random splitters…
http://krzysztofmarczak.deviantart.com/ ... -375706908

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

TeTpaAka

by TeTpaAka » Post

Kilarin wrote:
I know, I found this bug (but after I wrote this). The easiest solution would be to tell the engine to proceed with the normal behaviour, but this would require an engine change.
Kilarin wrote: So far I think your magic system looks fascinating. Hope to get more time to look at it in the near future.
I definitely will continue working on it.
Hybrid Dog wrote:
Kilarin wrote:
you could use punch functions instead of the on_use, l think
There is only an on_punch callback for nodes and entities. The most critical case are the players, where such a callback will (hopefully) come in 0.5. Currently, there is no other workaround but with the tools. And even this doesn't seem to work properly.