[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by Don » Post

I like the 3d models. This is Minetest - the next generation!
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Yes, and Minetest uses cubes for the sake of convenience, not for the sake of obsession.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

LazerRay, a footrest/ottoman might be a good idea. The antique phone might be also since some homes have those for decorative purposes. Please make github requests for these two so they don't get lost.

The bell is a no-go for this modpack (this is *home* decor, not *hotel* decor ;-) ). Same for the multi-part sofas; in fact I was planning to redo the sofas into single-piece mesh nodes soon.

A display case can be faked by using the pedestals from the item_frames mod, surrounded by appropriate decorative elements (i.e. marble slabs on the bottom to hide the stone pedestal itself, and above those, glass slabs or tabletops turned sideways to surround the displayed item).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

As far as bells go, perhaps my bells mod might be of help. I never wrote a topic about it here on the forum, but it's available on Github. The idea came from the King Arthurs Land server, where this mod is active. A small meshnode bell would certainly be welcome! Currently it has only a huge bell for churches.
A list of my mods can be found here.

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

I could make some classic game consoles, I already have the nodebox, textures, and some code for a NES, and I could make some others

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

For any new objects I add to this mod, if they're complex shapes, they're best done with meshes rather than nodeboxes.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

LRfurn's sofas and chairs have just been replaced with nice new mesh nodes.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Important notice regarding signs_lib in this modpack:

Because of features not existing in the Minetest engine at the time signs_lib was first getting its start (particularly, when its progenitors, Pilzadam's and xyz's visible text sign mods, were written), the ability to wallmount a node box didn't exist. As such, everything this mod did was dependent on regular facedir.

Those who installed homedecor or just signs_lib found this out pretty quickly, because existing signs got rotated all weird. Blame the Minetest engine for using two different, incompatible rotation methods. Anyway, signs_lib now uses the rotation method that the default minetest_game signs use, now that it can. My commit message (slightly edited) follows:

"This breaks worlds that used signs_lib, in the sense that many (if not most) default and locked wooden wall signs in areas that were affected by signs_lib will have to be fixed using the screwdriver.

The intent of this commit is to make signs_lib behave the same way default signs always have in the past, instead of forcing 6d facedir on everyone.

This sucks, but it had to be done sooner or later. when this mod was first written, wallmounted nodeboxes weren't possible.

This change ONLY affects the default wooden wall signs and locked wooden wall signs. Metal signs, yard signs, signs on fenceposts, and hanging signs are not affected."

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

Thanks for letting us know. A bit of a pain but nothing to get upset about. Give me a chance to wonder around and look at things I haven't taken the time to see in a while.
Thanks for everything you do
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've imported thefamilygrog's lava lamps mod into this modpack, and have replaced its nodebox-based models with mesh nodes and all-new animations. In addition, more nodebox -> mesh node swapouts have been done here and there - check the commit log.

Zoig
In-game: Zoig

by Zoig » Post

I've been decorating my building on linuxgaming.us (which uses homedecor). There is one thing I noticed about the tables.

When I build a table with the utility legs and the square tabletop, the whole construction uses up two blocks in height. So when I try placing something on the table, it floats 1 meter above the actual surface.

The 1x1x1 utility table only occupies 1 block of height, so stuff can be placed easily on it. The same with the desk - I can put a computer and a lamp on it without issues.

But once I build bigger tables with the square top and utility legs - the table is basically rendered useless for me, because I intend to place stuff on the table.

Is this a known issue? Or am I missing something? Because if it's a known issue, I have an idea how to fix it. I don't know how to make 3D models, but I can program.

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Zoig wrote:When I build a table with the utility legs and the square tabletop, the whole construction uses up two blocks in height. So when I try placing something on the table, it floats 1 meter above the actual surface.
There's no way around that, that's why I've never bothered building tables this way.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This problem actually *is* solvable (by making the mod combine a tabletop with the legs into one node when one is placed above the other), I just haven't done it yet because it'll add a bunch of new nodes.

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

[Update]
  • More mesh models have been added (stairs banisters, wall sconce, ceiling lamp, king-sized beds (appearing with 2 regular beds), candlesticks, vessels shelf, etc.)
  • Some nodebox models have been converted in mesh (all doors, chandelier, benches/chairs, coat tree, plasmascreen, coffee maker, bathroom furnitures, etc.)
  • Some models/textures have been revised (less weight, better use of UV-maps)
  • The shower head can now emits a lifelike water flowing on right click.
  • The wardrobe inventory has been enhanced and you can change your clothes in there.
  • You can now sleep on the beds, using the same way than the default beds.
  • fake_fire has been completely revised with a better code and the addition of a fancy fire model (by NathanS).
  • Various bugfixes, tweaks and media optimizations.
Enjoy !

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

gasp, I got mentioned for a tri-intersecting set of planes. Thanks JP!
*I think it was tri-intersecting*
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another update: Added an animated plasma ball!

blert2112
GitHub: blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

I just updated to the latest and everything (plasmascreen, itemframes, inbox, etc...) is giving me...
attempt to index global 'screwdriver' (a nil value)
The screwdriver mod is installed and enabled though this modpack does not list it as a dependency.
Everything worked before I updated... previous installed version was the one where JP made the beds sleepable. I swapped back to that version and everything works.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Most likely this is because your minetest_game install (which carries its own copy of the screwdriver mod) is outdated.

In case that's not the issue, can you please paste the entire error message, between the two "ERROR FROM LUA" lines?

Meanwhile, kilbith has just put in a patch that should remedy this.

blert2112
GitHub: blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Most likely this is because your minetest_game install (which carries its own copy of the screwdriver mod) is outdated.

In case that's not the issue, can you please paste the entire error message, between the two "ERROR FROM LUA" lines?

Meanwhile, kilbith has just put in a patch that should remedy this.
I tested with two screwdriver mods... the default one from MTGame (sfan5's Windows 64bit build from 5-3-15) and TenPlus1's modified mod. Both threw the same error...

Code: Select all

[Screwdriver] Loaded!
14:04:11: WARNING: Undeclared global variable "screwdriver" accessed at ...s\MTblertMK4\mods\homedecor_modpack\lrfurn/longsofas.lua:44
14:04:11: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
14:04:11: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
14:04:11: ERROR[main]: C:\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\games\MTblertMK4\mods\homedecor_modpack\lrfurn\init.lua:
14:04:11: ERROR[main]: ...s\MTblertMK4\mods\homedecor_modpack\lrfurn/longsofas.lua:44: attempt to index global 'screwdriver' (a nil value)
14:04:11: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
14:04:11: ERROR[main]:  ...s\MTblertMK4\mods\homedecor_modpack\lrfurn/longsofas.lua:44: in main chunk
14:04:11: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'dofile'
14:04:11: ERROR[main]:  ...\games\MTblertMK4\mods\homedecor_modpack\lrfurn\init.lua:28: in main chunk
14:04:11: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
14:04:11: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\games\MTblertMK4\mods\homedecor_modpack\lrfurn\init.lua
14:04:11: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\games\MTblertMK4\mods\homedecor_modpack\lrfurn\init.lua
If I disable the offending mod then the next one in line pops up with the error. Always the same error but, of course, different mod and line number corresponding to the call to screwdriver.
ANYWAY... I downloaded the latest again this afternoon and it is fixed. Thank you... my daughter would punch me if she lost this mod for even one play session.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I guess sfan5's build that you mentioned is too old, and likely TenPlus1's mod is also. You'd need to have updated minetest_game from its master repository -- but since kilbith's patch did the job, it's all good now :-)

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi VanessaE,

Thank you again for your impressive work/updates on this modpack ! :)

I disovered a book_plus mod by "red" wich can be interresting to merge in your mod.

Of course not entirely, but some functionnalities like "locked books" can be very usefull : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12140&view=unread#p178588

Thank you in advance for your answer

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

This mod is just pointless, the current books already prevent the non-authors from editing.

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Sorry to say, but today I encountered an error with a piece of furniture from this mod. Searched the forum and found nothing similar, so I'm posting it here:

First I tried to place a homedecor:wardrobe_bottom, but instead it glitched into the floor concrete node I right-clicked and remained there half-transparent flickering. I could remove and recover it (I have no admin privs etc., only normal player at linuxgaming.us), and then was able to replace the concrete and place the wardrobe on it.

Fast forward a little I wanted to put the spare 30 wardrobes into a locked chest. Had them in hand and right-clicked the bottom one of two locked chests of mine. Boom - both chests replaced by the wardrobe! Contents gone and all. Lots of contents, maybe four hours of crafting - gone with the wind. Thankfully only spare stuff, but still tons of.

A rollback brought new strange effects, like a semi-transparent wardrobe with chests shimmering through, and at some point I could even focus on one of them two. However, they had to be removed via Worldedit to get finally and completely rid of that stubborn piece of furniture. In that course it also took the chests with it, of course.

I have no idea for the reasons as well as how to reproduce this. It has never happened with any other piece of furniture before either. Can't say if it's a conflict, if the issue is server-related (don't think so, but have no insight to be confident about that) involving other mods, I just have no clue, sorry.

Hope you have an idea and solution to prevent future incidents?
See ya, noob101

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

Can you grab the latest Home Decor on git and test the same way in singleplayer, please ? Preferably with the 0.4.12 engine.

I can't reproduce your bugs but I assume that Home Decor at LG.us is likely outdated, customized and/or conflictual with some mods. The causes might be complex and beyond Home Decor itself.

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Hey jp,
I cannot even reliably reproduce the issue on the server, let alone locally. And I very certainly assume that the mod is altered and adapted. I can't tell about its age or conflicts though, have no insight there.
I just wanted to shout it out and tell this did happen. Like a caution to keep your eyes open, though there won't be much more to do I guess.

See ya, noob101