The Sea is My Life Server!!

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

Re: Mod Updates

by Casimir » Post

Builder123 wrote:We had experienced a problem growing wheat [...]
That might be the result of an misunderstanding. In Voxelgarden wheat only has four stages of growing. When using a texture pack it will look as if it where not fully grown. I might have to break texturepack support on this aspect to prevent this.

Builder123
IRC: Builder123
In-game: Builder123

Re: Mod Updates

by Builder123 » Post

Casimir wrote:
Builder123 wrote:We had experienced a problem growing wheat [...]
That might be the result of an misunderstanding. In Voxelgarden wheat only has four stages of growing. When using a texture pack it will look as if it where not fully grown. I might have to break texturepack support on this aspect to prevent this.
Casimir's original farming mod has replaced the PilzAdam farming mod. Planting issues still exist, when placing wheat or cotton on wet soil. When placing cotton or wheat -- the inventory count decreases and the node (wheat_1 or cotton_1) never appears.

The part that makes this interesting is that certain areas allow planting of wheat and cotton -- other areas do not.

Finally, the existing texture pack works fine. farming:wheat_4 appears as a mature wheat plant ready for harvest.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: The Sea is My Life Server!!

by maikerumine » Post

Why i can has no papyrus?

What gives? This was all papyrus, why is it gone under protection?
Attachments
screenshot_88883881.png
screenshot_88883881.png (498.51 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Builder123

by Builder123 » Post

maikerumine wrote:Why i can has no papyrus?

What gives? This was all papyrus, why is it gone under protection?

I do not have an answer as to why nodes disappear, but I have replaced the papyrus roots -- there
has been no record of players digging in that area.

Thanks for letting me know.
Attachments
screenshot_20150428_090720.png
screenshot_20150428_090720.png (625.55 KiB) Viewed 1397 times

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

hm, I am aware of at least two fires and have regrown the cactus wall twice, just as most of the trees. The papyrus roots also burned on at least one occasion and I had regrown about two dozen or so.

I don't know if this is what you are refering to. I wasn't that often on this server lately as you may have noticed (one of my just-test castles has two new buildings now).

On one fire instance I noticed how a papyrus root had been placed in the cobblegenerator. It had grown one node and everything looked as if it had been placed by you. Then the papyrus grew and that triggered the fire and made it spread. I don't know how the other fire started and from the looks there may have been more.

Actually I do hope the culprit was some fire and not yet another growing database malfunction.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

twoelk wrote: Actually I do hope the culprit was some fire and not yet another growing database malfunction.
We really ought to provide a guide for server creators somewhere. Disabling fire is one of the first things that's needed.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Builder123

Missing Papyrus Root Nodes and Fire Conerns

by Builder123 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
twoelk wrote: Actually I do hope the culprit was some fire and not yet another growing database malfunction.
We really ought to provide a guide for server creators somewhere. Disabling fire is one of the first things that's needed.
Sokomine (and maikerumine)

Disabling fire is under review. I had removed buckets to prevent water and lava griefing soon after the server went public. I had created a separate test server with its own map.sqlite over a week ago. There should not be any database corruption.

Thanks twoelk for the fire info. Since players did not dig up the papyrus, I found that fire was raging at maikerumine's place and shows twoelk 'digging' flames in my log file (14:52:09: ACTION[ServerThread]: twoelk digs fire:basic_flame at (undisclosed))

Summary:
1. The map database is safe from corruption from accidental multiple access.
2. There was no griefing performed by other players.
3. Fire was the cause of papyrus root nodes disappearing.
4. I replaced the papyrus roots as an immediate resolution.

The fake fire mod may take the place of the fire soon.

Mystery solved -- Now it all makes sense!
Last edited by Builder123 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Missing Papyrus Root Nodes and Fire Conerns

by maikerumine » Post

Builder123 wrote:
Sokomine wrote:
Sokomine (and maikerumine)

Disabling fire is under review. I had removed buckets to prevent water and lava griefing soon after the server went public. I had created a separate test server with its own map.sqlite over a week ago. There should not be any database corruption.

Thanks twoelk for the fire info. Since players did not dig up the papyrus, I found that fire was raging at maikerumine's place and shows twoelk 'digging' flames in my log file.

Summary:
1. The map database is safe from corruption from multiple access.
2. There was no griefing performed by other players.
3. Fire was the cause of papyrus root nodes disappearing.
4. I replaced the papyrus roots.

The fake fire mod may take the place of the fire soon.

Mystery solved -- Now it all makes sense!
My oh my! That is it! I must have somehow made a ticking timebomb with nearby papyrus. I must re-think my layout. Thanks guys!

Twoelk, I did see your massive castle and explored the new tunnel too! looks great!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Builder123 wrote: The fake fire mod may take the place of the fire soon.
That's a good idea. Fake fire is usually very decorative and far less harmful to a server than the fire mod itshelf. Not only does normal fire destroy creations of other players - it may also cause considerable lag. You're not the first one to have to learn that. Some points are important for server creation. They're not technical but rather based on how humans tend to behave. Like having a spawn command for meeting at a place (interaction/meeting other players), perhaps irc support, a descent protection system (there are griefers out there), some rules stated somewhere...
A list of my mods can be found here.

rnd
GitHub: ac-minetest
IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Post

Disable fire by disabling mod minetest_game/mods/fire.

To disable fire spreading just edit init.lua inside minetest_game/mods/fire, inside
minetest.register_node("fire:basic_flame",...
and remove igniter=2 from groups.

This way stuff will still catch on fire if nearby lava but it wont spread.

To disable even further just disable
-- Ignite neighboring nodes
minetest.register_abm({
nodenames = {"group:flammable"},
neighbors = {"group:igniter"}, ..

and ignite from afar thing..
1EvCmxbzl5KDu6XAunE1K853Lq6VVOsT

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

Fire is already reduced so much that it will not jump more than two nodes wide.

Builder123

Fire Mod

by Builder123 » Post

The mod to fire by rnd will prevent massive destruction on the server. There are very few players interested in the lava source, so the threat of fire damage intrinsically reduced.

A fire with a 2 node jump is very dangerous, especially near papyrus. I can attest to that personally on the Ocean Experiment server when the cobble generator had sprung a lava leak near the papyrus farm. The fire leaped from place to place -- to include jumping over cobble and stone. The fire started igniting trees and wood and the fire grew to epic proportions.

We are going to stay with the modified fire mod. I will be monitoring fire activity more frequently to see the effects of fire on the server. I have verified that fire placement on our test server directly on flammable blocks results in minor destruction. The fire damage is greatly restricted as compared to the unfettered fire prior to modification.

Thanks to everyone for your input on this matter.

supercutsminetest

by supercutsminetest » Post

vicky - i PM'd builder for you. You won't see in thread the conversation, but don't worry, i sent him private message.

Builder123

by Builder123 » Post

supercutsminetest wrote:vicky - i PM'd builder for you. You won't see in thread the conversation, but don't worry, i sent him private message.
Vicky -- Nate lost interact for a few days. I will yank his protection from your builds today.

Builder123

Re: New Mods

by Builder123 » Post

The server has seen a lot of new mods and testing as well as a few crashes. I apologize as death and I were working on a number of improvements to include the following mods:

Teleport Request -- Original code by Traxie21 and released with the WTFPL license
-- viewtopic.php?id=4457
-- Updates by Zeno and ChaosWormz[/list]

Basic_Machines -- Mod by death (rnd) - This is a low overhead mod that can do many things!
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12033
https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_machines
  • -- mover -- teleport, dig, drop, reverse,object
    -- light on block -- turns on when a signal is received
    -- keypad -- control devices
    -- detector -- detects nodes or players
    -- distributor - send control signals from one to many devices
Games Mod by death (rnd)
https://github.com/ac-minetest/gamesTables Mod
  • --checkers - 2 player game
    --sokoban - 1 player game with prizes
    --mazes - 1 player game
    --game of life -- simulation
    new! --spleef -- who will fall into the death pit first?
Tables Mod by lisacvuk
https://github.com/lisacvuk/Minetest-Tables
  • -- Super simple tables and chairs -I have modded the mod such that the chairs and table can be rotated
We are also discussing adding other things in the future that players have been asking for, so stay tuned!!

Thank you for playing The Sea Is My Life server

huang11
IRC: huang
In-game: huang

by huang11 » Post

builder,come back to the server please

Builder123

by Builder123 » Post

I will have to check my activities to determine a good time to log into the server. I am not awake at 4:25 AM EST.

I am also busy with other projects as well as the rigor of life's requirements.

You may post your concerns and requests via the forum PM system if the situation warrants immediate attention.

Thanks

huang11
IRC: huang
In-game: huang

by huang11 » Post

oh ok

cody-golding
IRC: youreallywanttoknow
In-game: sameasIRC

Re: Admin and Moderator Announcement

by cody-golding » Post

Builder123 wrote:Now that the server is up and running, the following players have been selected for the following responsibilities:

Administrator - death - host of swiado server

Moderators - LILLY - The owner of LILLY's server
Moderators - longerstaff13 - The brightest of his class

Thanks Builder :)

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

i like the bed bug, its funny
Spoiler

my wield item has gone:

and could you add mesecons and flyingships, it would be very very nice
Last edited by Desour on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

cody-golding

by cody-golding » Post

Hello , I am longerstaff13 , one of the moderators , and I am here to say that I am longerstaff , that is all :)
Last edited by cody-golding on Wed Jan 06, 2016 02:48, edited 1 time in total.

cody-golding

by cody-golding » Post

DS-minetest wrote:i like the bed bug, its funny
Spoiler

my wield item has gone:
and could you add mesecons and flyingships, it would be very very nice
If there is a way , then I am sure Builder123 will fix. I am a moderator on this server ( I am longerstaff13) And I can't do anything of the sort , I am sorry.

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Hey Builder123
nice to have met you - though only briefly - at least once in-game. However, I have a few things to say in respect of your server:

1. It's pretty much left alone. Noone seems to take care of the place, abandoned and/or wrecked buildings etc. I am not used to that from all other servers I visited. Gives a lonely or even abandoned feel...
2. Everything seems to be very outdated. Many players boast in making good use of the item frame duplication glitch which was fixed like months ago or so. Also some functionality is painfully missing, like shift+click to easily transfer items to or from the inventory, or <tab> key functionality to autocomplete names of logged in players.
3. Quite a few recipes are (intentionally?) missing. No way to craft diamonds into a block? That's a no go!
<EDIT> 4. I forgot: The home command is dearly missed too. The one in the inventory is no adequate replacement, sorry.

Besides I find my visits to your place very interesting and to a certain point challenging because of the bottomless sea. Also I got to like the basic machines a bit.

Cheers, have fun, noob101

Builder123

by Builder123 » Post

Hi noob101,

In response to your commentary:

State of the server:

The activity of the game server is the function of the number of players on line. Currently 5 players are logged in.
I have not played, nor monitored the state of the builds.

A new spawn was created to relocate new players to a less congested area. I have tried to repair damaged
builds in the past, however my time is quite limited.

Groovydude is the moderator who visits at his leisure to monitor activity and render assistance as needed.

I maintain the operation of the server and perform system updates. I know I need to increase my presence in the
game itself to address problems.

I wanted to keep the mods to as close to the 'original' unternull game format. The inventory and home commands are part of that mod and I do not envision any changes at this time.

Diamonds and Diamond block:

The need for diamonds was established when the latest basic_machines mod required diamonds. Diamonds are a new addition to this game.

Updated mods have a way of making any server unstable. Death is the administrator of this server as well as the author/programmer of the basic_machines mod. I trust that he will make any changes as needed to take care of problems.

Hacks and Cracks:

Duplication of inventory items through the item frame - shh - that's a secret!

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Please update your server to 0.4.14