[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.10] [mobs]

by Minetestforfun » Post

Yes i understand your point of view,

In an other side, i've already suggest it but, it will be a good thing to create a branch in your repository for a "full mobs pack" :)

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

It's not that difficult to install additional mobs using Mobs Redo as a base and their are plenty available:

Slimes (for above)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11743#p176617

KPG Mobs (Giraffe, Horses, Wolf, Bear)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8798&start=50#p173539

PMobs (Npc, Guard, Ninja, Yeti, Wolf and Dog)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10354&start=25#p174909

Bugs Live
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11174&hilit=bugslive#p173417

Creeper
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9917&start=250#p176616

Zombie
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9917&start=250#p176550

Goat
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9917&start=200#p173535

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

That's Mr Goat to you.

I love that goat.
It would be great if you could put this list on the first post.
Might help a lot of people to know which mobs are supported by Mobs Redo
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Good point Don, will do just that...

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Added flying and swimming routine to mob api by using fly=true/false and fly_in="air" or "default:water_source" for fish...

As a test here is BlockMen's Ghost mob to try out:
Attachments
Ghost.zip
(91.35 KiB) Downloaded 1396 times

Minetestforfun

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.11] [mobs]

by Minetestforfun » Post

I met a problem with the zombies you linked in your latest posts.

Your converted version seem to have a strange colisionbox... they are half under the node they walk... Can you check it please ? :)
Last edited by Minetestforfun on Mon May 04, 2015 08:29, edited 1 time in total.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Minetestforfun: I've just tested the Zombie mob again and it works fine... It walks on the ground without a problem and jumps up to higher levels to get the player... Are you running the latest Mobs Redo and Zombie mod on their own to test or alongside other mods ?

Bread

by Bread » Post

How can I break Cobweb I placed? I cannot break it with my hand even though steel pickaxe.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

swords are generally used to break cobwebs and give string.

Bread

by Bread » Post

Thank you TenPlus1. I have broken it with steel sword and received one string. I understand that Wooden or Stone sword do not work for it.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Minetestforfun: I've just tested the Zombie mob again and it works fine... It walks on the ground without a problem and jumps up to higher levels to get the player... Are you running the latest Mobs Redo and Zombie mod on their own to test or alongside other mods ?
My bad, it works now.
I used the colisionbox of the dirtmonster instead of the zombie of your file (I copy/paste this value by mistake...)

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

Defense subgame's mobs would be nice in mobs redo.

Most mobs spawns on Dirt with grass so my garden was like a zoo and they spawns even after killed many times:D
My Mods:

Beverage

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

That's why I also added support for Ethereal mod so that each mob has it's own areas to spawn in instead of default grass...

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

mahmutelmas06 wrote:Defense subgame's mobs would be nice in mobs redo.

Most mobs spawns on Dirt with grass so my garden was like a zoo and they spawns even after killed many times:D
We are currently working on the minotaur mobs, and it's almost over (we were forced to rotate the blend file because of the different API...)

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

Is it possible for more marine or water mobs to be made? Some hostile, some friendly? E.g. Star fishes, Octopuses, Sharks and Giant Squids? Maybe even a Loch ness monster?

Nubm

by Nubm » Post

Thanks for the great mod! I have some questions however:
- The sheep is missing parts of it. It has no legs and there are only two planes at the body that does not close. Everything else works fine. What could cause this? Im using latest release (0.4.12)
- Zombies in the caves, and sometimes other mobs outside disappear on proximity. They move and act normal until i get close.
- The 'Pets' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24-ny1lg_eI) will despawn if i walk too far away. As i understand they will stay if i feed the kittens with fish and the bunnehs with carrots? (Dont have those mods installed atm). Love the design of the Pets tho. :)
- I made a set of ceramic tools with high durability. However, if i hit a mob it decreases the durability pretty fast. Also spamming weapons seems to do no damage (yet pushback) until the weapon is back in its resting position. So i can kill a zombie with a few hits if i wait for the weapon to go back, and need to hit it like 12 times if i just hold the mouse button. The TTK seems equal. Is this working as intended?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Numb: Sheep display fine here, no problems with model or texture at all...
Mobs have a lifetimer so they dont stay in game permanently until they are tamed, when it hits 0 and you are close they will be removed...
Hitting a mob with a weapon has to be done induvidually and cannot be spammed, remember weapons tend to have a 1 second hit gap (will look into durability)...
Pets can be tamed and mated, if you look at the wiki on github.com/tenplus1/mobs it will tell you all :)

Nubm

by Nubm » Post

Well, i was just stupid. Misa has overwritten the sheep texture. Deleted those and sheeps are fine now.
The sudden mob disappearance seems only to occur when i charge at them. Also they don't display a despawn notification in chat if they do so.
I installed your farming mod, but couldn't find any carrots so far. Btw, any texture packs that support your mod? As said, i run Misa, mixed with some random other texures for the mods that are not supported (partially edited to fit in).
When i install the fishing mod i get an error:

Code: Select all

19:21:49: ACTION[main]: WARNING: Mod name conflict detected: "farming"
19:21:49: ACTION[main]: Will not load: D:\Minetest-0.4.12-002\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\farming
19:21:49: ACTION[main]: Overridden by: D:\Minetest-0.4.12-002\bin\..\mods\farming
19:21:49: WARNING: Undeclared global variable "default" accessed at D:\Minetest-0.4.12-002\bin\..\mods\fishing\init.lua:127
19:21:49: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
19:21:49: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
19:21:49: ERROR[main]: D:\Minetest-0.4.12-002\bin\..\mods\fishing\init.lua:
19:21:49: ERROR[main]: D:\Minetest-0.4.12-002\bin\..\mods\fishing\init.lua:127: attempt to index global 'default' (a nil value)
19:21:49: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
19:21:49: ERROR[main]: 	D:\Minetest-0.4.12-002\bin\..\mods\fishing\init.lua:127: in main chunk
19:21:49: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
19:21:49: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run D:\Minetest-0.4.12-002\bin\..\mods\fishing\init.lua
19:21:49: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run D:\Minetest-0.4.12-002\bin\..\mods\fishing\init.lua
So no fishies for the kittens, hope you don't mind if i change the fish with milk, or rats, or ... maybe switching some berrys in the farming mod to catnip since some berrys are already obtainable from bushes, like rasberrys. :)

Also i've traveled some distance but never saw any pigs or bees (i checked the textures this time).
And the egg rate could be lowered by a lot. Had a Chicken close to my house, and when i walked in that direction i found the whole hill covered in eggs. :o
I think someone suggested despawn timer for the (deployed) eggs as well.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I tend to use the John Smith texture pack when on Xanadu server as this replaces the default textures as well as the Ethereal mod one's also...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5383&start=50#p174640

Nubm

by Nubm » Post

I noticed that Pets return to their untamed state when picked up. Not as a request but as a question, is it possible to make different textures for tamed pets, like collars or something?
Also rats would make great pets as well, tamed with cheese. :)

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Nubm wrote:Not as a request but as a question, is it possible to make different textures for tamed pets, like collars or something?)
It is indeed possible. I have some rough "proof of concept" pets I made for Mobs Redo in one of my computers that I didn't finish up.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Let's have a peek ExeterDad :)

TenPlus1

[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.11] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

After some forum reading a few folk requested a modular version of Mobs Redo where you can enable/disable any of the mobs easily, so here is my 1st attempt at a MOBS modpack that lets you do just that :)

Note: Please make sure the 'mobs' mod itself is enabled as this contains the api for everything to work... enjoy!
Attachments
mobs_redo(1.12_modular).zip
(652.52 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

This modular api will make a bunch of people happy.
I'd like to see hooks throughout the api so a added mod can add behaviors to the loop without having to touch the api code. If it was php I could implement it. But I've yet to attempt to expand my lua skills so I'm no help.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

ExeterDad wrote: I'd like to see hooks throughout the api so a added mod can add behaviors to the loop without having to touch the api code. If it was php I could implement it. But I've yet to attempt to expand my lua skills so I'm no help.
That's right. Sapiers animals modpack has those hooks, and this mobs mod here would profit a lot from them as well.

TenPlus1, please take a look at api.lua - that's the api of sapier's animals modpack and may be of help in creating an api for the mobs mod.
A list of my mods can be found here.