by blert2112 » Post

mod for Minetest: Vehicle_mash
version: 1.4

A merge of all the vehicles from:
  • Cars by Radoslaw Slowik
    Mesecars by paramat
    Car by Esteban
    Boats by PilzAdam
    Hovercraft by Stuart Jones (experimental and disabled by default)
  • - 26 vehicles currently (27 if you include the experimental hovercraft)
    - Certain vehicles can now carry passengers. Currently one passenger max.

Download
    zip file: https://github.com/blert2112/vehicle_ma ... master.zip
    github: https://github.com/blert2112/vehicle_mash.git
    ***rename folder to "vehicle_mash" if necessary***

License
    All licenses of previous works, of course, apply. (see credits below)
    As far as the work I did... It's really just a fork of a fork of a fork of a fork, tossed it all into a blender and spun it on puree for a bit. Baked it for a while and set it on the counter to cool. What I mean is, make what you will of it, it matters not to me.

Dependencies
    To Do
    • - complete the addition of the hovercraft
      - crafting
    Change Log
    • v1.4 5/19/2015
      • - attach (one) passenger added
        - reorganized vehicle definition file code and added some variables pertaining to passengers
        - added a vehicle definition file template with comments
        - cleaned up to remove code dulplication
      v1.3 5/5/2015
      • - player now sits forward in vehicles
        - tweaked player sit positions
        - tweaked collison boxes
        - proper placement on_ground/in_water
      v1.2 5/1/2015
      • - added boats
        - changed name so to not conflict with other mods
      v1.1 4/25/2015
      • - car won't come to a complete stop (fixed)
      v1.0 4/24/2015
      • - first release
    CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE
    • - F1 and 126R cars from: "Cars" by Radoslaw Slowik
      - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8698
      - License: Code WTFPL, modeles/textures CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
    • - Black, Blue, Brown, Cyan, Dark Green, Dark Grey, Green, Grey, Magenta, Orange, Pink, Red, Violet, White, Yellow, Hot Rod, Nyan Ride, Oerkki Bliss, and Road Master from: "Car" by Esteban
      - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7407
      - License:
      • - No info given in that mod but I am going to assume the credit for the original model goes to:
        - Melcor and his CAR01 model
        - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6512
        - License: CC-BY-NC-SA
    • - Boats from "Boats" by PilzAdam
      - textures: Zeg9
      - model: thetoon and Zeg9, modified by PavelS(SokolovPavel)
      - License: WTFPL
    • - Hovercraft from "Hovercraft" by Stuart Jones
      - Licenses:
      • - textures CC-BY-SA
        - sounds: freesound.org
        • Rocket Boost Engine Loop by qubodup - CC0
          CARTOON-BING-LOW by kantouth - CC-BY-3.0
          All other sounds: Copyright Stuart Jones - CC-BY-SA
I am sure many others deserve mention. If you feel left out let me know and I will add you in.

Enjoy!
Last edited by blert2112 on Fri May 22, 2015 00:04, edited 13 times in total.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

Re: [Mod] Cars [cars]

by philipbenr » Post

Looks like you did post it. Awesome. I'll give it a try.

Works pretty nicely, I have to say...

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

It works great! Note that you must rename the folder to "cars", because otherwise it won't work. Also, one issue with the cars is that they can't come to a complete stop unless they hit a block.
Back from the dead!

blert2112
GitHub: blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

Thanks for trying it out guys.
My kids have been playing with it for a couple of days and it has not crashed the server yet. :) It is laggy though but that might have more to do with the ten+ year old hardware the server is running on. It is smooth in single player.
Evergreen wrote:It works great! Note that you must rename the folder to "cars", because otherwise it won't work. Also, one issue with the cars is that they can't come to a complete stop unless they hit a block.
Ooops... I forgot about the folder name. Edited OP with that note.
Hmmmm... Won't come to a complete stop. I'll work on that tonight. (update: fixed)

Maybe someone has a bit of advise on this issue... I can't figure out how to get the little guy to sit straight forward, he's always sitting sideways in the car.

blert2112

Re: [Mod] Vehicles Mash v1.2 [vehicles_mash]

by blert2112 » Post

Changed the name and merged in boats.
Any body know where I can get some usable models?... Blender, and 3d modeling in general, is way beyond me.

Napiophelios
GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

Re: [Mod] Vehicle Mash [1.2] [vehicle_mash]

by Napiophelios » Post

you should try out Stu's Simple Hovercraft its pretty cool too.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

blert2112 wrote:Maybe someone has a bit of advise on this issue... I can't figure out how to get the little guy to sit straight forward, he's always sitting sideways in the car.
That should be fixed in the code of my mod, it's also fixed in latest boats mod of MTGame.

blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

Napiophelios wrote:you should try out Stu's Simple Hovercraft its pretty cool too.
I had plans to check that out along with a couple others. Probably check it out today some time.
paramat wrote:
blert2112 wrote:Maybe someone has a bit of advise on this issue... I can't figure out how to get the little guy to sit straight forward, he's always sitting sideways in the car.
That should be fixed in the code of my mod, it's also fixed in latest boats mod of MTGame.
Thanks. I'll look into it today.

blert2112

Re: [Mod] Vehicle Mash [1.3] [vehicle_mash]

by blert2112 » Post

Updated.
A couple of fixes and an experimental addtion.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Some other mods you might want to look into may be

Car extension for StreetsMod by webdesigner97. It doesn't add any new models but it has independent code that might be of interest.

The HD Entities mod by jp/killbith had some nice hd very unvoxely car modells among other things. Don't know wether he still has the files to share.

The barge in Dan Duncombe's Prefab Concrete mod might offer an alternative water vehicle.

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

twoelk wrote:The HD Entities mod by jp/killbith had some nice hd very unvoxely car modells among other things. Don't know wether he still has the files to share.
Deleted because it's not something produced in the community and have too much polys/pixels.

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

jp wrote:
twoelk wrote:....
Deleted because it's not something produced in the community and have too much polys/pixels.
hehe, interesting ...
that actually was one of my first thoughts when I first saw your experiments of importing meshes. Nevertheless I thought it was very interesting. Maybe we should have a howto about importing meshes somewhere. We could use the Irrlicht dwarf as example as was once shown on irc.

Maybe we should indeed ask people outside of the community wether we could use their work or rather wether they would design something for us. This guy for example seems to like to design voxel based cars. Maybe he would let us use some of his modells or even better design something along the lines of what we allready have.

(now just where did them design guidelines for our corporate design go :-P )

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

We already have a small bunch of people able to deal with the meshes perfectly (including me), there's no really need to ask outside of the community... However, a simplified Blender documentation would be beneficial for those who are deterred by the official one.

blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

twoelk wrote:Some other mods you might want to look into may be Car extension for StreetsMod by webdesigner97. It doesn't add any new models but it has independent code that might be of interest.

The HD Entities mod by jp/killbith had some nice hd very unvoxely car modells among other things. Don't know wether he still has the files to share.

The barge in Dan Duncombe's Prefab Concrete mod might offer an alternative water vehicle.
I looked at the StreetMod Extention a couple weeks ago. It doesn't currently work well. It says it is not based on the original Boats mod but if you look at the code it really is doing the same things but has a bunch of "realistic physics" stuff added in (along with a radio, shifting and I think one or two other things). I decided not to work with that as a code base because I am not looking to add all that extra stuff in. IMO, it is not necessary and it adds a massive amount of strain onto the server with all the math that is introduced.
The barge might go in but this mod was made so I could remove the others that are performing the same things with the same (basic) code... I really dislike code duplication. If I add the barge I will make a check to see if the the "Prefab" mod is active and, if it is, then skip it (hmmm... or maybe redefien it? What do you thnk would be better?)
jp wrote:We already have a small bunch of people able to deal with the meshes perfectly (including me), there's no really need to ask outside of the community... However, a simplified Blender documentation would be beneficial for those who are deterred by the official one.
I see that the HomeDecor mod is really yours? Are the bed models and textures yours? If so i need to change some info in the "Beds Plus" mod.
Blender looks really powerful... and really confusing. There just seems to be no rhyme or reason to the GUI design. Given time I could probably figure out the basics but graphic design is really not my thing. Some better, simpler HowTos would be real nice.
I would really like a motorcycle in my game... hint, hint. ;)

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

some time ago I added the Using Blender page to the Minetest Wiki based on this forum post by dgm555.

I did bookmark some discussions on Irc or the forum but never included the info ... as I'm really struggling myself to create something usefull with Blender and once I get something working, somehow, along the process, I usually forgot how I got there with all them deviations I travelled to reach my goal.

So there is a start on the wiki. Now we need some more editors at home with Blender that are willing to share. Oh well, I guess most would share but may find it difficult to translate the irritating, sophisticated, random "you can do anything but we use a name you never heard of" looking workflow of Blender into an understandable tutorial.

hehe HomeDecor?
jp has added massively to HomeDecor lately but HomeDecor is a lot more and the "curator" of all the bits and pieces and merged mods as well as the MasterMind behind it all is VanessaE.

and now to some more mods I remembered:
  • Zeg9's UFOs is by now a classic.
  • Pavel_S made the Simple helicopter
  • and Amaz used some code of that for his Flight modpack.
  • not to forget Calinou's Hovers mod from the Carbone subgame.
  • and since you added Stu's hovercrafts you may want to have a look at the hovercrafts in Dan Duncombe's Camouflage / camo_modpack although I never looked whether Dan added much to those.

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

twoelk wrote:jp has added massively to HomeDecor lately but HomeDecor is a lot more and the "curator" of all the bits and pieces and merged mods as well as the MasterMind behind it all is VanessaE.
This is not exactly correct, be careful when you state things when you don't know the ins and the outs behind.

Home Decor is the result of a fairly random collective work, VanessaE is indeed the general manager on the LTS since she can deal with everything very well but evolving and maintainance are constantly discussed in background. That maintainance is also executed by more or less other hands like me, kaeza and t4im (who has completely reorganized Home Decor with a neat API).

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

hmm, ok, so "massive" is not a big enough word, very well then.
no offence meant.
I did choose curator instead of creator for a reason.
I might be somewhat stuck in history then.
Whatever
I love what you all do.

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

Again, you misunderstood. "Massive" ain't the wrong statement, it's rather saying that I only add new stuff and VanessaE is the "MasterMind" behind everything.

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

ok

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

expanded the list of vehicle mods on the wiki a little

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

Is there any way to attach 2 player into 1 vehicle ?
1 is driver another is passenger
Last edited by mahmutelmas06 on Sat May 09, 2015 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods:

Beverage

blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

mahmutelmas06 wrote:Is there any way to attack 2 player into 1 vehicle ?
I don't think there is any technical reason why it can't be done. Actually looks like it could be simple enough. I'll give it a go on Monday... Would love to do it today but I'm out of town for Mother's Day stuff and I didn't bring my laptop.

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

blert2112 wrote:
mahmutelmas06 wrote:Is there any way to attack 2 player into 1 vehicle ?
I don't think there is any technical reason why it can't be done. Actually looks like it could be simple enough. I'll give it a go on Monday... Would love to do it today but I'm out of town for Mother's Day stuff and I didn't bring my laptop.
After all days now i hope you dont mean next mother days :D
My Mods:

Beverage

blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

mahmutelmas06 wrote:After all days now i hope you dont mean next mother days :D
LOL! Sorry it has been so long... Life got in the way of play.
Almost got it but it's a little borked from the passenger's perspective. Give me a bit more time and I'll get it figured out.

blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

Well, this is a real pain in the ass!
I can attach a driver and a passenger. The driver can drive, the passenger cannot. The driver is the first to right-click the vehicle. My problem comes from adjusting the perspective of the passenger. When the passenger is attached he/she gets the same view as the driver and I can't find how to change it. I will keep working on it and try to come up with something. If anybody has any advise I am all ears (or eyes as the case may be).