Mine Little Testy Server BETA (mlp themed), *RE-RELEASE*

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

Mine Little Testy Server BETA (mlp themed), *RE-RELEASE*

by mystik » Post

After a week or two of testing, I'm pleased to announce the re-release of the Mine Little Testy Server!

Fyregryph wanted to stop hosting the server, and I've offered to take over where he left off. (See his original post.)

For now, I'm going to keep it off the public server list, but the new address is mt01.jjayr.com, port 30004.

Users are *strongly* advised to change their passwords if they had an account on this system prior to 27 Jan 2015. All existing accounts are in tact, as are existing protections. There are over 3000 accounts on this server when fyregryph handed it off!

A few tweaks have been made to the world since:
  • throwing mod has been updated, and includes some new arrows (fire, dig, teleport, build) Bows have been udpated and will now decay, requiring re-crafting. Also, you can use a dartboard as target practice -- successfully hitting the dartboard will play a bell sound.
  • There is an IRC gateway I'm using to monitor the server (for now) This may be opened up later, but you may see me messaging folks from mystik@IRC
  • I've added the moneymod, but removed the money aspect of it. (IE, only bartershops remain) This gives the admins a few extra shop types to setup
I'm developing a map interface, as well as a few other goodies, and I'll make announcements as I go along check back here, and the in-game motd/wiki!

IceAgeComing

Re: Mine Little Testy Server BETA (mlp themed), *RE-RELEASE*

by IceAgeComing » Post

May i ask, what happened, that our old passwords aren't safe anymore?

mystik

by mystik » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:May i ask, what happened, that our old passwords aren't safe anymore?
Fyregryph offered all the server data (including auth.txt) as a giant bundle, that was downloadable by anyone for a few days. I think that window of time was pretty small, and it may not have been downloaded by anyone other than I, but if someone *DID* download it, they have an offline copy of all our password hashes, and with some computation time, could use that as a basis for attacking the server or our accounts.

I don't want to speculate further on what attacks are possible, (see here ...), but as a precaution, folks should change their password as soon as they can, (and on other servers, if they use the same username/password there too)

I don't fault him for it, especially considering, (a) it's just a game, (b) hosting a MT server may be the first time anyone tries hosting *any* kind of server, and operational security is probably not even on their radar. MT's default behavior of register-on-first-login is rather dangerous, since you may send one password to another server. Myself, I use different passwords for each server, but I write them down in a file here.

Anyone in the future who wants to hand off administration of anything like this should consider handing the data off privately, or at least resetting/protecting accounts before release.

MinetestAmber
In-game: amberdoesmt23

by MinetestAmber » Post

Ehhhhhhh...The server has been down way to often. Bug?

mystik

by mystik » Post

MinetestAmber wrote:Ehhhhhhh...The server has been down way to often. Bug?
It's been up and working, and I've seen folks signing on several times in the last week or so ...

The only issue that I've seen is skylands taking *forever* to generate map terrain, and that *has* caused folks to lag out. If your stuck in the skylands, either wait it out, or let me know, and I'lll move you back to spawn.

acblonde

by acblonde » Post

it wont let me read the wiki or break anything is this a bug

mystik

by mystik » Post

acblonde wrote:it wont let me read the wiki or break anything is this a bug
It may be -- I saw your account being created, and you didn't get interact by default.

I've added that privilege to your account, and I'll fix it next time I restart it.

acblonde

by acblonde » Post

ok thank you very much im sorta a newb at the fourms and how did you make the mod or mod pack

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Please see my post in the other thread for my feedback and questions. Otherwise I'm very interested to see where this goes... lovely work so far!

invaderzim

by invaderzim » Post

I'm so glad to see a my little pony themed server I'm a huge fan

acblonde

by acblonde » Post

mystik wrote:
acblonde wrote:it wont let me read the wiki or break anything is this a bug
It may be -- I saw your account being created, and you didn't get interact by default.

I've added that privilege to your account, and I'll fix it next time I restart it.
thanks

AstroSnail
GitHub: AstroSnail
IRC: AstroSnail
In-game: AstroSnail

by AstroSnail » Post

Is anyone still visiting this server? Also I'm pretty lost.

taikedz
GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Post

Wondering how to get interact on this server.. I know someone who would be very interested in playing here, and would save me a ton of work trying to make a mod on a theme I know nothing of :-p... Great work done on the modding!

At spawn, there was an indication of clicking a bookshelf which seems to no longer exist...

mystik

by mystik » Post

taikedz wrote:Wondering how to get interact on this server.. I know someone who would be very interested in playing here, and would save me a ton of work trying to make a mod on a theme I know nothing of :-p... Great work done on the modding!

At spawn, there was an indication of clicking a bookshelf which seems to no longer exist...
Yes --- I noticed that. There was a bookshelf linked to notes that seems to have vanished -- I think the areas mod protection may have accidentially been left open.

I also have the protector mod on there, and added protection blocks -- they seem to work much better, and don't slip up as easily, but I haven't restored the notes.

Privmsg me your username on the server here on the forums, and I'll fix up your privileges.

Shigure

by Shigure » Post

Are you still active Mystic? I asked one of the players on your server, and they said you were more active on Xanadu. I would have read the rules, but they are kind of not there (as stated earlier) and you are the only admin on the server. I need interact on the server please. My username on the server is the same as the one here.

mystik

by mystik » Post

Shigure wrote:Are you still active Mystic? I asked one of the players on your server, and they said you were more active on Xanadu. I would have read the rules, but they are kind of not there (as stated earlier) and you are the only admin on the server. I need interact on the server please. My username on the server is the same as the one here.
Shigure, I'll hop on and fix up your account. They're right that I'm not typically on, but it has been running, and I'm kinda pleased some folks have still been enjoying it! :)

Shigure

by Shigure » Post

mystik wrote:
Shigure wrote:Are you still active Mystic? I asked one of the players on your server, and they said you were more active on Xanadu. I would have read the rules, but they are kind of not there (as stated earlier) and you are the only admin on the server. I need interact on the server please. My username on the server is the same as the one here.
Shigure, I'll hop on and fix up your account. They're right that I'm not typically on, but it has been running, and I'm kinda pleased some folks have still been enjoying it! :)

Thx

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

11/11/17: logged on to server, nobody there and couldn't interact with anything! Couldn't even dig in unprotected areas. What's going on? I'm using the latest version of minetest mobile.
May God be with you, always.

Shigure

by Shigure » Post

zargulthewizard wrote:11/11/17: logged on to server, nobody there and couldn't interact with anything! Couldn't even dig in unprotected areas. What's going on? I'm using the latest version of minetest mobile.
Not many people play on the server anymore. As for not being able to dig and build, you need the interact priv to do that. You can ask mystic for interact privs on the Minetest forums.

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Thankyou! By the way, do messages in the outbox just become "sent" as soon as the receiving user logs on? If not, what do I need to do to really send it?
May God be with you, always.

Shigure

by Shigure » Post

Can't seem to log on anymore. Has the server officially died off?