[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.11] [mobs]

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

I suggest you to add these two faturates to api

NPCF has avoid node code in its api ( why mobs walks to fire or water right )
Peaceful NPC has open door feature ( more clever npcs :) )
My Mods:

Beverage

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I've been thinking of adding mob specific routines which are automatically added to the api and will look into making this possible for next release... At the moment we have a few on_punch, on_death calls but nothing outwith that...

Mahmut: remember that adding more features slows down the mod and having pathfinding code in the api will do just that... I will look for a workaround for those features...

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

Thank you for considering suggestions.
Avoid node could be usefull for flying mobs if you add an option for avoid distance.

mobs:space_specfic seems not in use which is the descripted in mobs wiki.
My Mods:

Beverage

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote: remember that adding more features slows down the mod and having pathfinding code in the api will do just that.
Would it be possible to build in path finding, but put a flag in a config file that would enable you to turn it on or off? So someone with cpu to spare could use the more complicated logic, and a server fighting lag could set it to "no" and run dumb but fast?

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.12] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Following the recent spree of animal theft on a few servers I'm pleased to say players now have ownership of their animals so that no-one else can pick them up... Also, once they are placed down they will remain tamed with the placer as owner...

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Following the recent spree of animal theft on a few servers I'm pleased to say players now have ownership of their animals so that no-one else can pick them up... Also, once they are placed down they will remain tamed with the placer as owner...
Excellent!

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Following the recent spree of animal theft on a few servers I'm pleased to say players now have ownership of their animals so that no-one else can pick them up... Also, once they are placed down they will remain tamed with the placer as owner...
Oh nice!!!!

horse_lover
IRC: LizzardBeth
In-game: horse_lover LizzardBeth

by horse_lover » Post

Sooo, I just downloaded this mod and minetest just... crashes. I had another mod installed before (shooter mod) and it was working perfectly fine before I added this mod. Are they not compatible or something?
PS: I did download the simple mobs mod before, but then saw this one so I deleted simple mobs and added the mobs redo. Maybe that was the problem???
Blue Roses are my thing
Love horses ;D
Fishies too <3 Fish Lore - Aquarium Fish Information

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

horse_lover if you downloaded from Github you may need to remove the trailing -master from the folder name.

Giving us the printout from the debug.txt file will help us determine the problem as well.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

horse_lover: also which version of minetest are you running ? and which mods are you using alongside mobs redo ?

horse_lover
IRC: LizzardBeth
In-game: horse_lover LizzardBeth

by horse_lover » Post

Nathan.S wrote:horse_lover if you downloaded from Github you may need to remove the trailing -master from the folder name.

Giving us the printout from the debug.txt file will help us determine the problem as well.
Umm, it's very long, do you want be to do the whole thing or just a certain part? (I'm sorry, I get very confused when it comes to computer stuff :P)
TenPlus1 wrote:horse_lover: also which version of minetest are you running ? and which mods are you using alongside mobs redo ?
I'm using minetest 0.4.9 and the other mods are tnt by Pilz Adam, the simple shooter mod and PilzAdam's carts
Blue Roses are my thing
Love horses ;D
Fishies too <3 Fish Lore - Aquarium Fish Information

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

- close minetest.
- Get the old debug.txt out of the way (delete it or rename it or move it to some other folder like the doc folder in minetest)
- Start Minetest, let it crash, fail or do something that triggers the problem.
- Post the new debug.txt that now only shows the information of the last restart attempt.

If you changed the debug level, be sure to change it back so that the debug.txt doesn't grow too large. If the debug.txt gets too large youre system may freeze or the game crash. So deleting it now and then might be useful.

btw. version 0.4.9 is outdated and will not work with some newer mods.
The currunt stable version is 0.4.12 and the dev version might be halfway to 0.4.13 with plans for 0.5.0 allready in discussion.

Caerulean
In-game: Caerulean

by Caerulean » Post

Hello. :) I wanna say thank you for this great mod and for the work you've done on this and making the other mob mods compatible.

Anyway, I don't know if I should post here but we can't seem to get the other mob mods (i.e. kpgmobs, pmobs, and zombie) to work on Windows 8. We can run them fine on this Windows 7 laptop but not on the other one. I checked the debug.txt and all it said was that it failed to load and run the init.lua file for the respective mod. Tried running them with both an existing and a new world to no avail. Your Mobs Redo mod works fine, just not the other mob mods. Tried disabling and enabling non-mob mods as well but they don't seem to affect it.

Thanks for the help. :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

It's strange that they work fine in Windows 7 and not Win8, the windows version shouldn't matter when installing mods so long as the main Minetest game works... Try installing the latest DEV (unstable) version of Minetest in Windows 8 to see if that helps any...

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Could it possibly have to do with line termination sequence/characters?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Do you mean the ';' character at the end of command lines ? if so then no, the LUA code should work regardless of running on win7 or win8 or even linux... All of my mods work fine on windows 8 as they have been tested on many platforms...

prestidigitator

TenPlus1 wrote:Do you mean the ';' character at the end of command lines ? if so then no, the LUA code should work regardless of running on win7 or win8 or even linux... All of my mods work fine on windows 8 as they have been tested on many platforms...
No. I mean "\n" vs. "\r\n" for text file line termination. (I'm pretty sure I've seen people report issues of this screwing up the loading of mod Lua files before. Just saving a file using the wrong editor in Windows can change the line endings....)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The previous post mentioned that the mods themselves worked find in Windows 7 so eol terminator doesn't seem to be the problem...

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Wait, do I understand correctly? Could I now just use the core mod of this modpack you released and just throw away all those mobs by not using the other mods? If so, then you may have finally earned my respect and I might consider of using this mod for my Weird subgame, after careful comparison of course.

However:
Why do you distribute two seperate and completely different variants of the same mod in the same thread?
Now we have 1.12 (NOT modular, seen on the first post) and 1.12 (modular, buried in the thread).

This is very confusing; I suggest to officially transform this into a modpack and to just throw away the non-modular version. If the transformation went without problems, there should be zero compability problems. Maybe even increment the version number after this, even if you didn't really change anything, just to be sure. I don't quite understand why exactly you want to keep the non-modular variant.

And why does this thread have additional mobs scattered around the pages, rather than posting them into a new thread for each mod? :-/

I still hate the fact that you call this mod “[mobs]”, because of name clashes, but I guess Minetest modders just love to reuse shortnames over and over again. :-(

Sorry for complaining so much, but I just feel overwhelmed by this chaos here. You would probably make a lot of people happy just by cleaning up. On the other hand, I don't care about the other mobs that much, so don't take these complaints too serious. If the API is now really standalone, that would be great in its own right.

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

I actually do not like modpacks, at all. They're confusing and hard to use. Split them out and make them separately distributable, and it'll be a lot easier to use in different configurations.

fooljap
In-game: fooljap

by fooljap » Post

what happen

Code: Select all

Irrlicht log: Could not open file of texture: mobs_kitten_striped.png
19:08:44: ACTION[ServerThread]: XXX punches object 1502: LuaEntitySAO at (77.2165,1.54262,-60.3457)
19:08:44: ACTION[ServerThread]: LuaEntitySAO at (77.2165,1.54262,-60.3457) punched by player XXX, damage 0 hp, health now 1 hp
19:08:44: ERROR[main]: ServerError: C:\game\mites0412win64msvcjp\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:943: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'full_punch_interval' (a nil value)
19:08:44: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
19:08:44: ERROR[main]: 	C:\game\mites0412win64msvcjp\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:943: in function <C:\game\mites0412win64msvcjp\bin\..\mods\mobs/api.lua:939>
19:08:44: ACTION[ServerThread]: XXX leaves game. List of players: 
19:09:25: INFO: event_handler(): Ctrl+C, Close Event, Logoff Event or Shutdown Event, shutting down.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

sofar wrote:I actually do not like modpacks, at all.
I like the ability to download a standard group of mobs, and then to remove whichever ones I do not want and add new ones if I wish.

prestidigitator

Kilarin wrote:I like the ability to download a standard group of mobs, and then to remove whichever ones I do not want and add new ones if I wish.
Either way it's best if the thing being distributed can be downloaded, installed, and run with minimal or even no changes. I don't see a huge difference between enabling/disabling individual mods in the world configuration menu or easy changes to individual lines in a mod configuration file (hopefully copied to the world directory so it can be configured on a per-world basis and the mod directory itself can remain pristine). The latter takes some discipline on the part of the mod author, though.

On the other hand, one bit that can be more confusing about a modpack is that other mod authors creating dependent mods or modpacks have to know which bundled mod(s) to list in their dependencies files. For example, "moretrees" depends on "plants_lib" from the "plantlife" modpack. When we talk about "moretrees" we probably want to point to the "plantlife" modpack as its dependency, but in its depends.txt it has to list "plants_lib", which luckily has a similar name to "plantlife" (but it doesn't always work out so nicely). Again it helps if the author is disciplined and documents things very simply and clearly.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The Mobs Redo modpack does make it easier to disable the mobs you dont want to appear in a world, and easier to drop in a new mod with the 'mobs' dependency inside the modpack itself which keeps everything together in one place...

I offer both types of mod because the first is the actively developed one and the modpack is for those looking to enable.disable specific mobs for their worlds... If more users wish the modpack as the default then please say and I'll change it...

blert2112
GitHub: blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

I think I may have found a small bug...
I have been converting other mobs (eleven additional mobs, thirteen if you count the multiple turtles, and counting), from the various other mods, to this mod. It seems that sea-faring creatures ("fly in water") won't attack. You can swim right in front of them and they won't care one bit. If I spawn one on land it will immediately attack, if I then spawn one in the water it won't notice me at all and will go about it's happy way.

edit: ... Seems there is more to this, but first... Is there some mechanism that deters any mob in the water from attacking? While testing my latest conversion (crocodile), I lured it into the water. As soon as it was in the water it no longer cared a bit about chomping on my leg.

another edit: ... Is there an option to specify that a certain mob will attack another specific mob? If not, would you consider adding it? I think I would be nice if I could make the sharks attack the sea turtles. (wouldn't be too nice for the turtles though)