[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

Re: [Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

by Minetestforfun » Post

jp wrote:This mod is just pointless, the current books already prevent the non-authors from editing.
Ok, happy to know it now :p

carmenjames
In-game: Samoa

by carmenjames » Post

This modpack is really good. those models are very nice.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

The following two objects would make nice decorations, provided that they are doable:
https://youtu.be/zzcbzubxFcY-antique metronome
https://youtu.be/kzCi-GYU-lo-antique radio

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Those are doable, but I can't really see a metronome being useful. The radio is a "maybe" though.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE wrote:Those are doable, but I can't really see a metronome being useful. The radio is a "maybe" though.
The metronome could make a constant ticking noise and it goes great with the piano. The antique radio is definitely useful.

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

No. Both are too particular, absolutely not common and not well-known nowadays, more as "rare pieces of collection".

Also you should consider Home Decor complete now. It shall have a limit some day.
Last edited by jp on Mon May 25, 2015 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

Hi ,

The homedecor:dvd_cd_cabinet doesn't have a recipe ?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

There are a few items in the modpack that have no recipe (only because I either forgot, or in the case of the media cabinet, couldn't think of a good one).

Many items are not yet documented in the official crafting guide (screenshots of the recipes have already been taken, I just haven't updated the page)... but that's what in-game crafting guides are for.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

jp wrote:No. Both are too particular, absolutely not common and not well-known nowadays, more as "rare pieces of collection".

Also you should consider Home Decor complete now. It shall have a limit some day.
That is okay. Like Ocs101 of YouTube, I am perfectly and completely capable of accepting negativity. I am a very wise man. I accept reality as it is, not as I want it to be.

Now that homedecor is eternally complete, what next?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Well, it'll never be truly 100% complete of course, but let's say that it's "mature" now. There's always better models, better textures, improvements that could be made in the code, new features (aside from new nodes), etc.

LazerRay
GitHub: LazerRay

by LazerRay » Post

Any form of Open Source code is never truly complete, since it can always be changed or added to, and that is the fun of it.

johnabraham
In-game: johnabraham

by johnabraham » Post

Great modpack Vanessa! :)

wcwyes

by wcwyes » Post

Where did the shingles_glass go? It's needed for shingle_side_glass

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Unless I made a mistake in the recipe, that's the "glass skylight".

Martno

by Martno » Post

Hi!
First of all, this is a great modpack. I like it very much.
But I found a problem, maybe a bug. I don't know if anyone found this already, I didn't find a comment about this.
The problem: when I enable the modpack, I can't pick up water with water bucket from lakes, or sea.
When I try to pick up water, this is happening: The water node is disappearing, and then the empty place is being filled with water again, as it supposed to, but my bucket is still empty.
To make sure that this is happening only when this modpack enabled, I tried it with a newly created world with only this mod enabled. Every other mod were disabled. Actually it seems that the problem is with just the homedecor mod, picking up water works with every other mod in the modpack, except homedecor mod.
I use the latest 0.4.12 version of Minetest.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I believe this has already been fixed in git: https://github.com/VanessaE/homedecor_m ... 0cef882f8a

Martno

by Martno » Post

VanessaE wrote:I believe this has already been fixed in git: https://github.com/VanessaE/homedecor_m ... 0cef882f8a
Thank you for your quick answer.
Maybe I didn't have the latest version of the mod (I thought I had). I downloaded the mod again. Works perfectly :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Added a small feature to signs_lib: if you run a server and you use CWz's keyword_interact mod, you can write @KEYWORD into any sign and it'll automatically fill-in the keyword you've configured in minetest.conf, and it'll automatically update after short interval if you change the keyword there (restart required).

EDIT: If you've configured keyword_interact to "live" update mode and you use its /setkeyword command, any signs' displayed keywords will update automatically to follow, without needing a restart.

Please note that it takes up to 45 seconds for the sign's visible part to update for any keyword change (the hover/infotext updates much faster). First the sign will go blank, then it'll display the new keyword.

dannyplaysminetest
In-game: Danny

by dannyplaysminetest » Post

Thanks for this cool Mod, now buildings can be decorated more realistic and personal ^_^

rahulahuja2685

by rahulahuja2685 » Post

It is very nice!!!!!

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

by VanessaE » Sat Jan 24, 2015 15:43
-snip-
Also, thanks to kilbith/jp, you can sit on the chairs and benches now. Right click to sit down, right click again on the chair to get up. Note that if you're in 3rd-person view (first or second press of F7, which is not usually how most people play I guess), the player model won't change to "sit" due to an engine bug.

Thank you for an outstanding mod - but I am unable to 'sit', although I do seem to stand in the middle of chairs and sofas - perhaps you could look into this? Also, it is only right-click to 'sit', and I can walk away from the furniture still.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Hi VE,
I came back to the game some days ago and I can't believe how this mod grew! That is totally awesome!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

KCoombes: oops, that's a bit outdated; I thought the sit functions had since been disabled, due to bugginess in how the engine handles the notion of "sitting".

Welcome back, wd97!

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

We'll re-enable the sitting function some day.

Perhaps it got better with latest MirceaKitsune's player animation patch. I don't know, needs some testing.

nyje
In-game: Nigel

by nyje » Post

Hi Vanessa, have come accross a small compatibility issue between homedecor and Stu's 3d armor.

Once 3d armor is added to the server, If I click on the Homedecor Wardrobe to get the formspec, as soon as I choose one of the models, the server crashes.

server is 0.4.12-dev (latest git), I can reproduce it with just the latest git versions of your & Stu's mods installed.

Here is the crash report:

Code: Select all

2015-07-27 09:38:05: ERROR[main]: UNRECOVERABLE error occurred. Stopping server. Please fix the following error:
2015-07-27 09:38:05: ERROR[main]: ...Hafen/worldmods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/wardrobe.lua:79: attempt to call method 'update_player_visuals' (a nil value)
2015-07-27 09:38:05: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2015-07-27 09:38:05: ERROR[main]: 	...Hafen/worldmods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/wardrobe.lua:79: in function <...Hafen/worldmods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/wardrobe.lua:61>

In thread 7f5a7ecab760:
/home/www-data/MINETEST/src/server.cpp:522: void Server::step(float): A fatal error occurred: ...Hafen/worldmods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/wardrobe.lua:79: attempt to call method 'update_player_visuals' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...Hafen/worldmods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/wardrobe.lua:79: in function <...Hafen/worldmods/homedecor_modpack/homedecor/wardrobe.lua:61>
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f5a773bd700:
#0  virtual void* EmergeThread::Thread()
(Leftover data: #1  MapBlock* ServerMap::loadBlock(v3s16))
(Leftover data: #2  void ServerMap::loadBlock(std::string*, v3s16, MapSector*, bool))
(Leftover data: #3  void ItemStack::deSerialize(std::istream&, IItemDefManager*))
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f5a77bbe700:
#0  virtual void* CurlFetchThread::Thread()
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f5a783bf700:
#0  virtual void* ServerThread::Thread()
#1  void Server::Receive()
(Leftover data: #2  void Server::SendBlocks(float))
(Leftover data: #3  void RemoteClient::GetNextBlocks(ServerEnvironment*, EmergeManager*, float, std::vector<PrioritySortedBlockTransfer>&))
(Leftover data: #4  void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)
(Leftover data: #5  bool getCraftingResult(Inventory*, ItemStack&, std::vector<ItemStack>&, bool, IGameDef*))
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f5a7ecab760:
#0  int main(int, char**)
#1  Dedicated server branch
#2  void dedicated_server_loop(Server&, bool&)
#3  void Server::step(float)

I have not (yet)posted on Stu's thread, as it 'appears' to me that it is homedecor's code that is throwing the error.

Is there any possibility that you could take some time from your hectic life to have a look?
TIA for your attention, If I can provide any further information I will do so as quickly as possible.