[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.13] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Show me your code please, I was going to add coloured sheep but each as a different sheep entity to save adding new features into the api for 1 mob...

amadin

by amadin » Post

mese monster did not deal damage

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

amadin: download latest mobs redo, arrow bug was fixed in the api...

DrMature

by DrMature » Post

Hi TenPlus1,
Sorry for the delay in posting my code, it's taken me a while to get started on github. Anyway, you can view my code changes for coloured sheep here:
https://github.com/tenplus1/mobs/compar ... ler:master
Plus some images to be added later.

I wondered about creating a separate mob for each colour (inheriting from main sheep class). There are two things I don't know about this approach. First is how this affects the speed of the code. Second is how to destroy the original mob, and create an exact copy of the coloured mob in its place.

Cheers.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

DrMature: I've added coloured sheep to Mobs Redo using a separate entity for each colour... Only white sheep that you own can be dye'd by right-clicking with any dye colour and wool of the same colour will be returned when sheared and regrown...

Bug: sheep are now racist and will only breed with their same coloured counterpart... Will fix this :)

Notice: sheep sent to sensitivity training, are no longer racist towards their coloured counterparts :)
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 09:57, edited 2 times in total.

DrMature

by DrMature » Post

Ok. How do you destroy and respawn a coloured sheep?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

DrMature: How do you mean destroy and respawn ? Coloured sheep are made by dye'ing white sheep and can be picked up using magic lasso and placed in inventory...

Routhinator
GitHub: Routhinator
IRC: Routh
In-game: Routhinator

by Routhinator » Post

I've updated the mobs_tree_monster.x to mobs_tree_monster.b3d in the creeper mob to fix a bug caused by the recent update.

Is it possible that we can consolidate the extra mobs like the creeper and ghost mobs into an extra mobs pack so we can update them on github? Would be nice to do PRs for this stuff.
Attachments
creeper.zip
Fixed creeper for mobs_redo update of tree_monster mesh.
(28.75 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I'll ask the mod authors if they would be willing to make a Mobs Redo Additions mod that I could host on github maybe, although having the choice of which mobs you want is always a good thing too...

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Routhinator: you missed the new collisionbox changes also for the new .b3d model, here's the fixed creeper mod...
Attachments
creeper.zip
(28.73 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Routhinator
GitHub: Routhinator
IRC: Routh
In-game: Routhinator

by Routhinator » Post

Thanks for that TenPlus1.

On the point of mob choice: Agree, I actually think we can achieve that the same way sky_mobs and water_mobs are handling it, simply make each mob a mod itself which can be enabled or disabled in world.mt, giving the subgame designer the choice. We should just be careful to prefix the individual mob names with something to make their names unique. Right now there is an issue with water_mobs as the turtle mobs name conflicts with the programmable turtles mod.

amadin

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.14] [mobs]

by amadin » Post

If i permanently attack a monster it stops at a distance from me and stands. Can i do so he continued to come even if I beat? If i not attack it come closer. Кnock_back = 0. In api.lua on 777 string i edit 2 to 1, but it not help:

Code: Select all

if self.attack.dist > ((-self.collisionbox[1] + self.collisionbox[4]) / 2) + 1 then

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Monsters only need to be at arms length to attack player, different mobs have different attack distances...

amadin

by amadin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Monsters only need to be at arms length to attack player, different mobs have different attack distances...
I think you not undestand me. While i attack, monster can not get closer of MY attack distance pick. But if i not attack, this same monster came much closer to me.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

amadin: which monster is it, I'll check it out...

amadin

by amadin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:amadin: which monster is it, I'll check it out...
It is all monsters. See my videos about 2 monsters: http://www.filedropper.com/treemonster and http://www.filedropper.com/onekki (gray button "Download this file").

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

When you attack their is knockback on the monsters so they are hit backwards which puts them out of attack range, but when they recover they will move towards you again ready to attack you... I see no problem in your videos...

amadin

by amadin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:When you attack their is knockback on the monsters so they are hit backwards which puts them out of attack range, but when they recover they will move towards you again ready to attack you... I see no problem in your videos...
But knock_back = 0 in api.lua (i replaced this default string "knock_back = def.knock_back or 3,"). In my video they don't deal any damage to me. But i think if knock_back = 0 they must attack me even if i attack them. I want turn off knock back of all monsters and animals, i want they attack me then i attack them. What i do wrong?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Mobs Api has been changed slightly, so any mod makers out there adding their own mobs be careful of the rotate value when setting it: 0=front (default), 90=side, 180=back, 270=side2...

blert2112
GitHub: blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Mobs Api has been changed slightly, so any mod makers out there adding their own mobs be careful of the rotate value when setting it: 0=front (default), 90=side, 180=back, 270=side2...
Nice updates to the code and a great start at breaking that OnStep function up a bit! But... the rotated mobs are still running away. They are walking in the correct direction and are no longer skewed though. Because of the changes to the code I went and deleted my rotation fix branch so it's going to take me a few minutes to reacquaint myself with the code and find the fix. You will likely get to it before me though. I will post on github when I find it, unless you find it first.

Edit: Found the problems, very easy fixes. I opened an issue on github with the pertinent information.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi Tenplus1,

Please can you chekc this issue we made ? :) https://github.com/Ombridride/minetest- ... issues/138

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I have checked each of the issues you listed and none of them occur on my setup...

Cows, Hogs and Goats will attack a player when hit unless they are tamed.

Slimes will continue to attack a player even when hit and knocked back, so long as they are in attack range they do not need to jump. check the terminal output and it will show you this.

Knockback is dependent on the tool you are using to hit the mob with, it uses the tool properties and strength to generate how much knockback is used.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Cows, Hogs and Goats will attack a player when hit unless they are tamed. => OK thank you for this answer, we will check what is wrong with our config

Slimes will continue to attack a player even when hit and knocked back, so long as they are in attack range they do not need to jump. check the terminal output and it will show you this. => yes also in my case, the problem is the knockback in the jump of the slimes even if the knockback is set to 0 ... The problem for slimes mob is the jump wich "freeze" a small time even if the knockback is set to 0, we don't want this "small freeze"

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Are you running the latest Mobs Redo api ? check my github page for latest release: www.github.com/tenplus1

blert2112
GitHub: blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

I have a question regard def.armor ...
In the code it applies this value to the "fleshy" group which, according to the dev wiki, should have a value between one and three. Why, in most mobs, is it set somewhere between 80 and 200? What are the appropriate values for this setting and does a lower value mean better armor protection?

Oh, btw, rotation is working perfectly. :)