As the rest of Minetest spent huge amounts of time and effort pulling ores from the earth and smelting them into metals and crystals for use in mining yet more ores, nature's own, efficient, non-destructive means of mineral refining went largely unnoticed by the rest of the world. Until now, that is.
Mineral Trees is a mod for Minetest designed to make all ores in default Minetest renewable and limitless. It adds six varieties of huge, towering trees that grow by drawing their respective mineral into themselves, strengthening their trunks and branches and allowing them to grow to tremendous sizes. The minerals, contained largely in the bark of the tree, can be smelted out of the tree and crafted into whatever mineral it is of.
Of course, there is a huge amount of time and effort involved in refining minerals, but that is a small price to pay for infinite and renewable access to ores.
- Huge, rare L-system trees
- Each tree has logs that you can get bark from
- Smelt the bark into blooms, and craft those into minerals
- Plants-Lib mapgen
- Very expandable
- Install Plants-Lib. The whole Plantlife pack, while not necessary, is reccomended.
- Download and place the mod download into your "mods" directory in the minetest directory
- Extract the .zip file and, if necessary, rename the produced folder to, "mineraltrees"
- UFOs mod or similar is also recommended, for exploration
- Enable it and enjoy!
https://github.com/Gravelpunch/mineralt ... 01.0.0.zip