compatibility nodes for MC schematics [mccompat]

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

compatibility nodes for MC schematics [mccompat]

by Sokomine » Post

Screenshots: None - depends on the texture pack and schematic you use

This is an extension to my handle_schematics mod. This mod (mccompat) adds nodes to the game that use textures named the way Minecraft does - thus, you can use texture packs without having to convert them first, perserve the look of imported schematics and keep your normal Minetest textures seperate. There are no crafting receipes provided, the groups are set in a very lazy way, and the nodes are pretty passive. It really is only good for keeping the look of the building!

Features:
* almost all nodes supported to a degree - far more than in other converters
* doors work, trapdoors work
* even pressure plates go down if you step on them (they don't open doors though)
* beds are placed (almost?) correctly
* double plants are handled more or less well (the sunflower will look strange)
* handle_schematic does some flipping of .schematics so that they hopefully end up correctly

Not working (correctly):
* water and lava behave differently and can easily lead to spills
* torches are only created in one form - which is a rough approximation; their facedir value is unused
* pistons, cauldron, ... and perhaps more nodes could use some suitable nodeboxes
* banners seem to be popular in MC schematics; no idea how those look like
* signs do not carry the right texture
* redstone and rails are only approximations; the rail system in mc works diffrently
* inventory and wield images are ignored - these nodes are not for normal use!
* entities, contents of chests etc. are completely ignored
* handle_schematic needs the .schematic to be uncompressed manually before importing
Note: The goal of this mod is not to create working versions of MC nodes. If you want to play MC, do so. This here is only good if you want to take a look at .schematic files and want to view them as good as possible. Thus, improvements to the visualization are welcome!

Important: You need to add your own textures/ folder. The textures therein have to follow the naming scheme Minecraft uses. You can use any texturepack you want.

The code for the gates is taken from ethereal. The translation of the facedir values is partly taken from tomtweschem.py

Related projects/inspired by: Convert parts of Minecraft maps to Minetest WorldEdit schematics - just in this case with the handle_schematics mod instead of MCEdit.
Nores converter is for entire worlds instead of individual buildings and does not add its own nodes. There is a discussion about ideas this mod here makes use of as well.
Minecraft to Minetest Block Converter by dgm555 does even rename textures - which mccompat does not. I saw that thread too late. Anyway - mccompat does create the nodes from a table and also creates a translation table from that so that it can tell handle_schematic the nodename and param2 value.

Download: https://github.com/Sokomine/mccompat/archive/master.zip
Browse code: https://github.com/Sokomine/mccompat
Version: 0.1
Licence: GPLv3
Depends on: default, stairs, xpanes, doors (all included in minetest_game) plus xconnected
Supports: handle_schematics

If you have improvements for one or more of the nodes (i.e. suitable nodeboxes or meshes or more suitable drawtypes - whatever), please either send a pull request or send me the node definition and blockid of the node that is to be improved. Each node gets a standard node definition which can be replaced with something else if it's there.

I'm sure the biome data can be read from the .schematic file. It is currently read and ignored, but that could be changed. So, if anyone can come up with a reasonable way to handle the greenness of the world...it really does not look so well with black-and-white-leaves and grass.
Last edited by Sokomine on Fri Nov 20, 2015 05:21, edited 3 times in total.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

Re: compatibility nodes for MC schematics [mccompat]

by Minetestforfun » Post

Interresting work, keep up your work ! :)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The mod now depends on xconnected. Most nodes are translated to a degree, although some are still missing.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Now supports most nodes. Unless someone finds any bugs or is willing to add better representations of the remaining untranslated nodes (pistons, piston heads, chests of diffrent types, sign standing, sign wall, lever, cake, repeaters, end portals, tripwire stuff, skull, comparator, hopper, barrier, banner, torches), I consider it to be finished. Most of the missing nodes seem to be related to redstone anyway - and thus won't do anything. The goal of this mod is to be able to see buildings the way they where built - not to emulate MC.

wilkgr76
GitHub: wilkgr76

by wilkgr76 » Post

Wow. Just wow. This is amazing!
N/A

captpete

by captpete » Post

OK, I'm at a loss - I've tried unzipping a MineCraft texture pack to a subdirectory of the mccompat mod called textures (directory not included by the mod - shame on you). Images are not recognized and dummy images are created - not what I want or you promised. Here is the directory structure of the texture pack:

|assets
----|minecraft
--------|blockstates
--------|mcpatcher
------------|(bunch of subdirs)
--------|textures
------------|blocks
------------|colormap
------------|entity
------------|(a whole bunch more)

Tried moveing "minecraft" to "mods\mccompat\textures" and then the contents of the "textures" dir to "mods\mccompat\textures" - no dice, still dummy images created. Any help?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

captpete wrote: OK, I'm at a loss - I've tried unzipping a MineCraft texture pack to a subdirectory of the mccompat mod called textures (directory not included by the mod - shame on you).
Hm, you're right, I might have added a folder for the textures. It's just that such a folder doesn't exist on my drive either - at least not as a normal folder. It's just a symlink (=symbolic link) to where the textures are stored. That way it can easily be changed to a texture pack if needed.
captpete wrote: |assets
----|minecraft
--------|blockstates
--------|mcpatcher
------------|(bunch of subdirs)
--------|textures
------------|blocks
That's the one you're looking for :-) Copy all the textures from assets/minecraft/textures/blocks/ to mccompat/textures/
captpete wrote: Tried moveing "minecraft" to "mods\mccompat\textures" and then the contents of the "textures" dir to "mods\mccompat\textures" - no dice, still dummy images created. Any help?
You'll need the textures from the blocks/-Folder. If you ever want to install another MC texture pack and don't know where the textures are, keep searching for files ending with .png (i.e. gravel.png) and put them in the mccompat/textures/ folder.

captpete

by captpete » Post

Thanks, works now.

captpete

by captpete » Post

Small problem: planks_spruce is not registered - all the other wood planks register OK and there is a planks_spruce.png in the textures directory. Spruce stairs and slabs are also OK. Weird. I really don't want to use the moretrees spruce as I'm running 64x64 texture packs and moretrees looks blocky and wrong-colored with them.

I'll include the block of lines referencing mccompat in debug.txt.

Code: Select all

2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "RAIL" accessed at ...minetest-0.4.15-win64\bin\..\mods\mccompat/blocklist.lua:383
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "RAIL" accessed at ...minetest-0.4.15-win64\bin\..\mods\mccompat/blocklist.lua:385
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "RAIL" accessed at ...minetest-0.4.15-win64\bin\..\mods\mccompat/blocklist.lua:522
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "RAIL" accessed at ...minetest-0.4.15-win64\bin\..\mods\mccompat/blocklist.lua:777
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Node 'light_source' value exceeds maximum, limiting to maximum: mccompat:lit_redstone_lamp
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "RAIL" accessed at ...minetest-0.4.15-win64\bin\..\mods\mccompat/blocklist.lua:1120
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_jungle_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_spruce_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Node 'light_source' value exceeds maximum, limiting to maximum: mccompat:sea_lantern
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_dark_oak_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_acacia_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_birch_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_iron_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_wooden_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Node 'light_source' value exceeds maximum, limiting to maximum: mccompat:lit_pumpkin
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Node 'light_source' value exceeds maximum, limiting to maximum: mccompat:lit_redstone_ore
2017-01-12 18:54:41: WARNING[Main]: Node 'light_source' value exceeds maximum, limiting to maximum: mccompat:glowstone

captpete

by captpete » Post

Even stranger: When I throw the spruce fence and look at it in debug[F5] it registers as mccompat:planks_spruce instead of mccompat:spruce_fence as all the other fences do. Therein somewhere lies the error in the code though if it's in mccompat or in whatever creates fences I don't know.

captpete

by captpete » Post

I found the error in "blocklist.lua" line 924:

[187] = {GATE,  "planks_acacia",	"planks_acacia.png"},
	[188] = {NORMAL,"mccompat:planks_spruce",	"planks_spruce.png",
		mccompat_typ_fence},
	[189] = {NORMAL,"mccompat:birch_fence",		"planks_birch.png",
		mccompat_typ_fence},
It should read:

[187] = {GATE,  "planks_acacia",	"planks_acacia.png"},
	[188] = {NORMAL,"mccompat:spruce_fence",	"planks_spruce.png",
		mccompat_typ_fence},
	[189] = {NORMAL,"mccompat:birch_fence",		"planks_birch.png",
		mccompat_typ_fence},

captpete

by captpete » Post

Another anomaly: "stairs:stair_sandstoneupside_down" does not register. Also the default MineTest sandstone stairs registers instead of the MineCraft one ("stairs:stair_sandstone"), red_sandstoneupside_down registers as the MineCraft one. Annoying.

I'll try renaming "sandstone" to "sandstone_normal" in the blocklist.lua stair section for sandstone (ID 128) and see if that works.

captpete

by captpete » Post

Well, that worked Line 704 now reads:

[128] = {STAIR,  "sandstone_normal",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_normal.png"}},
Modeled after the SLAB line for sandstone.

captpete

by captpete » Post

Still looking to fix the "upside_down" sandstone stair not registering. I did fix the normal one. Anybody know the MineCraft ID? Or is it a SELECT sub-number? Very annoying.

captpete

by captpete » Post

OK, I give up. I'll just have to remember to replace all upside_down sandstone stairs when importing MC schematics by replacing with not-otherwise-used blocks in the MC schematic and then replacing them with something crafted. Annoying.

captpete

by captpete » Post

Fixed another block: added FOLIAGE color to "vine", MCID 106, line 642:

-	[106] = {PLANT,  "mccompat:vine",		"vine.png"},
+	[106] = {PLANT,  "mccompat:vine",		"vine.png"..TEXTURE_FOILAGE},

captpete

by captpete » Post

OK, I've been playing with the blocklist.lua file again. Here's what I have now for the sandstone series:

[24] = {SELECT,{
		[0] = {"mccompat:sandstone_normal",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_normal.png"}},
		[1] = {"mccompat:sandstone_carved",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_carved.png"}},
		[2] = {"mccompat:sandstone_smooth",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_smooth.png"}},
		}},

[43] = {SELECT,{
		 [0] = {"mccompat:double_stone_slab",	{"stone_slab_top.png","stone_slab_top.png","stone_slab_side.png"}},
		 [1] = {"mccompat:sandstone_carved",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_carved.png"}},
		 [9] = {"mccompat:sandstone_smooth",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_smooth.png"}},

[44] = {SLAB,{
		 [0] = {"stone",			"stone_slab_side.png"},
		 [1] = {"sandstone_carved",		{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_carved.png"}},
		 [9] = {"sandstone_carvedupside_down",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_carved.png"}},

[128] = {STAIR,  "sandstone",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_normal.png"}},

[179] = {SELECT,{
		[0] = {"mccompat:red_sandstone",		{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_normal.png"}},
		[1] = {"mccompat:red_sandstone_carved",		{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_carved.png"}},
		[2] = {"mccompat:red_sandstone_smooth",		{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_smooth.png"}},
		}},
	[180] = {STAIR,  "red_sandstone",		{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_normal.png"}},
	[181] = {SELECT,{
		[0] = {"mccompat:double_red_sandstone_slab",		{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_normal.png"}},
		[1] = {"mccompat:double_red_sandstone_slab_smooth",	{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_smooth.png"}},
		}},
	[182] = {SLAB,{
		[0] = {"red_sandstone",			{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_normal.png"}},
		[8] = {"red_sandstoneupside_down",	{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_normal.png"}},
		}},
John Smith Resource Pack
John Smith Resource Pack
screenshot_20170215_231130.png (704.47 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
As you can see still no "sandstone_normal" or "sandstone_smooth" and no "red_sandstone_carved" or "red_sandstone_smooth" stairs or slab (if they exist in MC can someone give me the ID/param pair for them.) I'm not a Lua programmer so I haven't tackled the doors - I don't know what the old doors API looks like and the new Doors API doesn't seem to like what blocklis.lua is sending:

2017-02-15 21:48:32: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_jungle_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-02-15 21:48:32: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_spruce_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-02-15 21:48:32: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_dark_oak_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-02-15 21:48:32: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_acacia_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-02-15 21:48:32: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_birch_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-02-15 21:48:32: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_iron_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
2017-02-15 21:48:32: WARNING[Main]: mccompat registered door "mccompat:door_wooden_door" using deprecated API method "doors.register_door()" but did not provide the "tiles" parameter. A fallback tiledef will be used instead.
I sure would like to use the doors in the JSRP as the images look nice but no go so far.

captpete

by captpete » Post

OK here's some more addons/corrections I've made to blocklist.lua; Most of the corrections and additional blocks were researched on http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Data_values/. Since there are so many changes I'm adding a standard "diff" file along with some screenshots:

47c47
< 
---
> local FENCE = 14;
440c440
< 		 [1] = {"mccompat:sandstone_carved",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_carved.png"}},
---
> 		 [1] = {"mccompat:sandstone_normal",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_normal.png"}},
444c444
< 	 	 [5] = {"mccompat:stonebrick",		"stonebrick.png"},
---
> 	 	 [5] = {"mccompat:stone_brick",		"stonebrick.png"},
446c446
< 		 [7] = {"mccompat:quartz_block",	{"quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_side.png"}},
---
> 		 [7] = {"mccompat:quartz_block",	{"quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_bottom.png","quartz_block_side.png"}},
448c448,449
< 		 [9] = {"mccompat:sandstone_smooth",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_smooth.png"}},
---
> 		 [9] = {"mccompat:double_sandstone_smooth",	"sandstone_top.png"},
> 		 [15] = {"mccompat:double_quartz_slab_tile",	"quartz_block_top.png"},
452,453c453,454
< 		 [0] = {"stone",			"stone_slab_side_TODO.png"},
< 		 [1] = {"sandstone_carved",		{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_carved.png"}},
---
> 		 [0] = {"stone",			"stone_slab_top.png"},
> 		 [1] = {"sandstone_normal",		"sandstone_top.png"},
457c458
< 	 	 [5] = {"stonebrick",			"stonebrick.png"},
---
> 	 	 [5] = {"stone_brick",			"stonebrick.png"},
459,461c460,462
< 		 [7] = {"quartz_block",			{"quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_side.png"}},
< 		 [8] = {"stoneupside_down",		"stone_slab_side_TODO.png"},
< 		 [9] = {"sandstone_carvedupside_down",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_carved.png"}},
---
> 		 [7] = {"quartz_block",			"quartz_block_top.png"},
> 		 [8] = {"stoneupside_down",		"stone_slab_top.png"},
> 		 [9] = {"sandstone_normalupside_down",	"sandstone_top.png"},
465c466
< 	 	[13] = {"stonebrickupside_down",	"stonebrick.png"},
---
> 	 	[13] = {"stone_brickupside_down",	"stonebrick.png"},
467c468
< 		[15] = {"quartz_blockupside_down",	{"quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_side.png"}},
---
> 		[15] = {"quartz_blockupside_down",	"quartz_block_top.png"},
554,555c555
< 	 [85] = {NORMAL, "mccompat:fence",		"planks_oak.png",
< 		mccompat_typ_fence},
---
> 	 [85] = {FENCE, "fence",		"planks_oak.png"},
601c601
< 		[0] = {"mccompat:stonebrick",			"stonebrick.png"},
---
> 		[0] = {"mccompat:stone_brick",			"stonebrick.png"},
646c646
< 	[109] = {STAIR,  "stonebrick",			"stone_brick.png"},
---
> 	[109] = {STAIR,  "stone_brick",			"stone_brick.png"},
652,653c652
< 	[113] = {NORMAL, "mccompat:nether_brick_fence","nether_brick.png",
< 		mccompat_typ_fence},
---
> 	[113] = {FENCE, "nether_brick_fence","nether_brick.png"},
704c703
< 	[128] = {STAIR,  "sandstone",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_normal.png"}},
---
> 	[128] = {STAIR,  "sandstone_normal",	{"sandstone_top.png","sandstone_bottom.png","sandstone_normal.png"}},
775c774,780
< 	[155] = {NORMAL, "mccompat:quartz_block",	{"quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_side.png"}},
---
> 	[155] = {SELECT,{
> 		 [0] = {"mccompat:quartz_block",	{"quartz_block_top.png","quartz_block_bottom.png","quartz_block_side.png"}},
> 		 [1] = {"mccompat:quartz_block_chiseled",	{"quartz_block_chiseled_top.png","quartz_block_chiseled_top.png","quartz_block_chiseled.png"}},
> 		 [2] = {"mccompat:quartz_pillar",	{"quartz_block_lines_top.png","quartz_block_lines_top.png","quartz_block_lines.png"}},
> 		 [3] = {"mccompat:quartz_pillar",	{"quartz_block_lines_top.png","quartz_block_lines_top.png","quartz_block_lines.png"}},
> 		 [4] = {"mccompat:quartz_pillar",	{"quartz_block_lines_top.png","quartz_block_lines_top.png","quartz_block_lines.png"}},
> 		 }},
909c914,918
< 	[179] = {"mccompat:red_sandstone",			"red_sandstone_normal.png"},
---
> 	[179] = {SELECT,{
> 		[0] = {"mccompat:red_sandstone",		{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_normal.png"}},
> 		[1] = {"mccompat:red_sandstone_carved",		{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_carved.png"}},
> 		[2] = {"mccompat:red_sandstone_smooth",		{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_smooth.png"}},
> 		}},
916,917c925,926
< 		[0] = {"red_sandstone",			{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_normal.png"}},
< 		[8] = {"red_sandstoneupside_down",	{"red_sandstone_top.png","red_sandstone_bottom.png","red_sandstone_normal.png"}},
---
> 		[0] = {"red_sandstone",			"red_sandstone_top.png"},
> 		[8] = {"red_sandstoneupside_down",	"red_sandstone_top.png"},
924,933c933,937
< 	[188] = {NORMAL,"mccompat:planks_spruce",	"planks_spruce.png",
< 		mccompat_typ_fence},
< 	[189] = {NORMAL,"mccompat:birch_fence",		"planks_birch.png",
< 		mccompat_typ_fence},
< 	[190] = {NORMAL,"mccompat:jungle_fence",	"planks_jungle.png",
< 		mccompat_typ_fence},
< 	[191] = {NORMAL,"mccompat:dark_oak_fence",	"planks_big_oak.png",
< 		mccompat_typ_fence},
< 	[192] = {NORMAL,"mccompat:acacia_fence",	"planks_acacia.png",
< 		mccompat_typ_fence},
---
> 	[188] = {FENCE,"spruce_fence",	"planks_spruce.png"},
> 	[189] = {FENCE,"birch_fence",		"planks_birch.png"},
> 	[190] = {FENCE,"jungle_fence",	"planks_jungle.png"},
> 	[191] = {FENCE,"dark_oak_fence",	"planks_big_oak.png"},
> 	[192] = {FENCE,"acacia_fence",	"planks_acacia.png"},
1111a1116,1119
> 		elseif( typ==FENCE ) then
> 			xconnected.register_fence( "mccompat:"..mc_node_name, mc_node_tiles );
> 			new_list[j] = "mccompat:"..mc_node_name..'_c4';
> 			
1127,1128c1135,1136
< 				"default_rail_curved.png",
< 				mc_node_tiles.."^default_rail_curved.png",
---
> 				"rail_normal_turned.png",
> 				mc_node_tiles.."^rail_normal_turned.png",
Full Blocks and Doubles
Full Blocks and Doubles
screenshot_20170220_154104.png (684.27 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
Slabs and Stairs
Slabs and Stairs
screenshot_20170220_153743.png (647.9 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
Still a problem with Doors and Gates. Also I don't know why the Quartz_Pillar is not showing the "lines" on the sides. They should be this:Image
quartz_block_lines.png
quartz_block_lines.png
quartz_block_lines.png (9.37 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
Last edited by captpete on Tue Feb 21, 2017 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

captpete

by captpete » Post

OK, switched to another MC ResourcePack (FAITHFULL) 16bit for MC v1.9 and quartz now shows correctly.

quartz- full and double
quartz- full and double
screenshot_20170221_134913.png (570.72 KiB) Viewed 2017 times

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Post

Hello,

As i noticed that unfortunately the MC schematic to Minetest mts converter :
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6007&p=277041#p277041

Does miss several type of blocks when creating the mts (and those blocks aren't in the resulting mts) , you pointed me to your mccompat.

So i tried it, getting a minecraft texture folder into the mccompat folder as intructed, the enabling
xconnected, handle_schematics and worldedit on a test world.

But then, i'm puzzled, i have the mc schematic file but i can't find how to import them with mccompat ?
Because if i use the handle_schematic chest interface to import those MC schematics i had placed in the world "schems" subfolder like i would have done with a mts or we file , i obtain :

the schematic file is valid as it's the one i have toyed with in the other thread when trying to convert it into mts for worldedit use :
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6007&p=277041#p276911

So there must be something i am missing but i can't find what.

captpete

by captpete » Post

If you didn't get the answer to your problem already:

MineCraft .schematic files are zipped. You need to unzip the file into your worlds "schems" directory (add it if non-existent) then add the extension .schematic to the UN-zipped file.

foo.schematic -> unzip foo.schematic to minetest/worlds/your_world/schems -> rename foo to foo.schematic

Hope that helps.