VoidPixel Server - Replacement for Landrush Players {0.4.13}

Clouds
In-game: Cloud

VoidPixel Server - Replacement for Landrush Players {0.4.13}

by Clouds » Post

VoidPixel

Info
This servers main goal is to recreate the feel of the original landrush server and give those wondering players a home.
This is a brand new landrush server. The server is mostly default for the time being with a few extras to enhance the game play a bit. It is player friendly with keep inventory on death and pvp free.

IP - voidpixel.noip.me
Port - 30000
Basic Privs - shout, interact, fast, money

Staff
  • Cloud - Owner
    Mongo - Admin
    caveminer - TrialMod
    melzua - TrialMod
Mods
Spoiler
  • Anti-Guest - This keeps the server looking nicer and easier to tell people apart with out all those pesky guests running around.
    Bone - Added to grow foliage and trees faster. (Do not mistake this for the default bones mod for that has been removed)
    Fake Fire - Replaced the default fire mod for its lack of fire spread and it looks nicer.
    Item Drop - To make picking up items much faster than by hand.
    Itemframes - Sole purpose is to compliment the money mod.
    Landrush - This is our protection mod.
    Ambiance - Adds sounds and background noise for the lack of background music.
    Money - Servers currency, this is so players can buy and sell items securely without the chance of being scammed.
    Moreblocks - Self explanatory.
    Moreores - Self explanatory.
    Last seen - Admin use.
    Unified Inventory - Advanced inventory for players, also adds extended inventory space and and second sethome.
    U-Skins - So players can change the way they look.
    Whereis - Gives players the capability to find other players with coordinates.
    Hardened Clay - Addes colored clay for pixelart and other assorted builds that need extra color.
    Advancedteleport - This adds warps, teleport requests, and a /spawn command.
    Plantlife - To add more nature and more to look at when wondering around.
    xban2 - Advanced banning system for admins
    xdecor - For a some house decor with a few extra bonuses.
    travelnet - So players can make personal teleport zones with out having to have admins setting up a bunch of warps.
    mesecons - Minetest equivalent to redstone(do not make big projects with this do to the sake they are subject to change for a few days).
    pipeworks - To organize and move items from one place to the next(do not make big projects with this do to the sake they are subject to change for a few days).
    technic - Addes many machines to make life easier(do not make big projects with this do to the sake they are subject to change for a few days).
    turrents - To kill players on your land ( this kills anyone on your land including allies).
    names_per_ip - This limits players to 2 accounts.
Rules
Spoiler
  • - Keep cursing in a private chat and out of the public chat. Cursing will not be tolerated.
    - Griefing is a auto-ban if found doing so.
    - Respect your fellow players and staff. Disrespect is not tolerated.
    - Do not ask for extra privs or items they will not be given. If pushed a punishment may be put in place until deemed otherwise.
Helpful Info
Spoiler
  • - There are teleport requests. Do /tpr playername to send a request to teleport to them and /tphr playername to request them to teleport to you. To accept a teleport request just do /tpa.
    - If you accidentaly claim land you dont want just do /unclaim and that will refund you your landclaim.
    - There are warps set by staff for fast travel to far out places without a bunch of travelnets. Just do /warp to view all the warps and do /warp name to go to a set warp.
Last edited by Clouds on Fri Oct 16, 2015 17:30, edited 13 times in total.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

Re: VoidPixel Server {0.4.12}

by Dragonop » Post

Does this server has any relation with the game that the spanish youtuber "pagoru" it's making (under the same name)?

everamzah
GitHub: everamzah
IRC: everamzah
In-game: everamzah

by everamzah » Post

...buy and sell items securely with the chance of being scammed.
Hi. Typo?

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Dragonop wrote:Does this server has any relation with the game that the spanish youtuber "pagoru" it's making (under the same name)?
No, none at all, it just happened like so. If they name is a issue for anyone because of what Dragonop just stated, I will leave it as VoidTest.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

everamzah wrote:
...buy and sell items securely with the chance of being scammed.
Hi. Typo?
Yes, sorry about that its fixed now.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Update

- Made it so when a player does /unclaim that they get there landrush claim back.
- Added Hardened Clay.
- Added a pieced together mod called advancedteleport, this adds warps, teleport requests, and a /spawn command.
- Added Plantlife to add more nature and more to look at when wondering around.
- Added xban2.
- Added xdecor for a some house decor with a few extra bonuses.
- Added travelnet so players can make personal teleport zones with out having to have admins setting up a bunch of warps.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Update

Adds
- Added tiny trees for the sake of a few more trees and better looking nature with over doing it with moretrees.
- Enabled Hunger. This is not to take away from the game what so ever, its purpose is to give food a use.

Changes
- Replaced money mod with vendors and money2 to fit the money system old landrush used.
- Gave vendors a updated texture look to match current chests and made it so it will fit any future changes to the chest texture.
- Changed Hunger so that mining, digging, and walking/running around won't lower hunger almost at all and set it to loss 1 hunger every 3 min ( around an hour and 30 min with out needing food unless you are moving then its about an hour ).

Known Issues
- Do to Plantlife and tiny trees adding stuff on mapgen, the server lags quite alot when generating new areas and lags a little when loading areas withe plantlife and tiny trees inside them. If anyone has a decent solution please let me know.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Update

Adds
- Added mesecons, do not make big projects with this do to the sake they are subject to change for a few days.
- Added pipeworks, do not make big projects with this do to the sake they are subject to change for a few days.
- Added technic, do not make big projects with this do to the sake they are subject to change for a few days.
- Added turrents that BrandonReese created because they was in the original Landrush.
- Added names_per_ip, this limits players to 2 accounts.

Changes
- Changed growing wheat and cotton drawtype firelike from plantlike for the fact they look fuller as a crop.
- Removed itemframes:frame and replaced it with xdecor:frame.
- Removed xdecor:stone_tile and replaced it with moreblocks:stone_tile.
- Removed xdecor:coal_tile and replaced it with moreblocks:coal_checkered.
- Changed bones with a new rewritten bones mod to fix the hoes not working. The credit goes to TenPlus1.
- Found a way to speed up map generation thanks to lag01's minetest server settings.
- Fixed skins not showing up.
- Fixed technic breaking the sandstone.
- Removed the mushroom mod from plantlife as there is already mushrooms in default.

Known Issues
No current issues, if a problem is found please report it so it can be dealt with.

TheMiner
In-game: Thron

by TheMiner » Post

Hi Clouds

Just to pop in here and say, man you have a really stable and fast server. I just love playing on the server!!
And thanks for being always so helpful with the smallest task or problem.

I will really encourage everyone to play here!!!

Good work Clouds

Cheerz
TheMiner

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

A issue with minetest has come up and is causing the server to crash quite often. Im not sure what is causing it and this is not the only server experiencing this issue.

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

Clouds wrote:A issue with minetest has come up and is causing the server to crash quite often. Im not sure what is causing it and this is not the only server experiencing this issue.
Is it the Lua "low memory" error?

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13001 <--- this said error, saying Unrecoverable. The only fix I had and that worked was not to shut-down just the server and the machine it was running on then after that to replace env_meta.txt file and that rendered the server usable again. But this by no means is a permanent fix... Its bound to happen again.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Update

Adds
- Added farming redo to add more foods to eat.
- Added news mod for a easier way to access rules and basic info.

Changes
- Removed names-per-ip do to it preventing new players from joining.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Builders competition

Regulations
- Admins are exempt from the building contest. Anyone who is granted admin is exempt from the contest even if their
builds was complete before hand.
- No teams are allowed. Rewards will only be granted to one person so to stop problems, team builds are exempt.
- The build must be complete before September 30, 2015. Anything after such time will be disregarded.

Rewards
#1 - Fly, 1500 coins, 99 diamond
#2 - 750 coins, 50 diamonds, 99 mese crystals
#3 - 250 coins, 25 diamonds, 50 mese crystals

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Clouds wrote: Builders competition
Good to see that there's one around again! Will it be themed in some way?
A list of my mods can be found here.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Clouds wrote: Builders competition
Good to see that there's one around again! Will it be themed in some way?

No this one isnt themed maybe the next one will tho. This is to jumpstart the server :)

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Update

Staff Changes
caveminer has been promoted to a TrialMod, they are still allowed to take part of in the building contest.
melzua has been promoted to a TrialMod, they are still allowed to take part of in the building contest.

mr.street
In-game: TheZutafly Richard

by mr.street » Post

Help please! My username (Richard) is fubar after yesterday's changes. I can log in but get blank screen. My location is 0,0,0 and I can't move not even /spawn, and I can't do anything else either. If I go there (0,0,0) under an alternative player name there's nothing there, and Richard is not even visible in /status.

Can someone take a look at my account and fix it please?

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Mhmmm strange... when i fixed your account it seems to have gotten worse. I will fix that right away.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Do to server instability, expect a lot of crashes. For some reason the server has gone from being able to stay up for days on end to crashing every few min and I'm not sure why. There are a lot of "Unrecoverable" errors. From my current standing I think about 30% of the map is now corrupted with the "Unrecoverable" error inside the chunks. Please hang in there while I try to find the reason behind this or even stop it. But 9 times out of 10 if I do find a solution we will have a full map restart because I tried moving some builds to the map and it seems they have hidden unrecoverable errors as well thus crashing the new map and prevent from builds being copied over.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

If any developers have solution please let me know.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Alright while going threw the debug it seems the server tossed out some legit errors. the Unrecoverable error finally give me a fix. So as long as this is the only problem the map should be fully functioning now.

Ivà
GitHub: melzua
IRC: melzua
In-game: melzua

by Ivà » Post

Yay!
I'll test it later today :)

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

As of today we now have people who can translate somewhat decently in the following languages: German, French, and Spanish. We are cover most of minetests most common languages. We welcome all

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Server will be down to switch hosts for a little while. Expected down time is about 2 hours.