[mod]space[0.1][space]

should i add suffocation (drowning) to the space?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 26, 2015 21:44

yes
7%
yes but also something to protect yourself from it
86%
decide on your own...
7%
no
No votes

Total votes: 14

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

[mod]space[0.1][space]

by davidthecreator » Post

this mod adds the outer space to minetest (starts 1500 nodes above sea level ends at 31000 above sea level)

the space contains:

*darker sky (even at daytime!)
*meteorites, ice comets and stars (blocks that spawn in the space and can be mined to get theyr chunks!)
*new tools! (all better than diamond can be made using bars of one of 3 possible things you can find in space ! that means meteorites, ice comets and stars, to get a bar of 1 of 3 possible materials smelt 1 chunk of the one you want and use the bars to craft the tools, the recipes are same as for default tools but theres no shovel because pickaxe works as both, shovel and pickaxe)

also you can swim in the space like if it was water! (because theres no gravity...)

the space at daytime

at night

and the tools (meteorite:worst, ice comet:average, star:best)(all of them are still better than diamond)

depends: default
license: WTFPL
mt version 0.4.12
Attachments
space.zip
(55.07 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

FreeLikeGNU
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [mod]space[0.1][space]

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

I like this idea alot. Air could be a resource that must be derived from maintaining a device that can replenish your supply...
For instance:
You have lost your space craft in a dense asteroid belt and your air is running out.
Your air supply device requires energy and you must find and mine elements that can help you generate that energy.
the air supply device is also breaking down and becoming less efficient, you must use your <replicator> to craft a replacement.
Your mining tools and replicator will also not last long without repair or replacement...

Can you get the resources you need to survive (and maybe thrive) in space...
As you mine the resources around you, you will have to venture farther to stay in the place you have established, or will you become a nomad? What dangers will you encounter in your travels?

A stars lifecycle (particularly if it has an explosive death) forms most of the elements we know.
Stars convert the abundant hydrogen in the universe to heavier elements once it is massive enough to maintain a chain reaction of hydrogen. As a stars hydrogen fuses into helium, the star will not have enough hydrogen, collapse then fuse its helium into other elements like carbon, oxygen nitrogen, etc but at some point the star cannot fuse the heavier elements such as iron and the star colapse creating even heavier elements.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_nucleosynthesis

Us, our own planet and the rest of this solar system is made of the elements of stars that exploded long ago.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Last edited by FreeLikeGNU on Thu Aug 13, 2015 03:54, edited 1 time in total.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

The Mothership of the aliens that made Mese!!!! :-P The king of all mobs, overlord of the Orkkis, <insert name here>!!!

davidthecreator

FreeLikeGNU wrote:I like this idea alot. Air could be a resource that must be derived from maintaining a device that can replenish your supply...
For instance:
You have lost your space craft in a dense asteroid belt and your air is running out.
Your air supply device requires energy and you must find and mine elements that can help you generate that energy.
the air supply device is also breaking down and becoming less efficient, you must use your <replicator> to craft a replacement.
Your mining tools and replicator will also not last long without repair or replacement...

Can you get the resources you need to survive (and maybe thrive) in space...
As you mine the resources around you, you will have to venture farther to stay in the place you have established, or will you become a nomad? What dangers will you encounter in your travels?

A stars lifecycle (particularly if it has an explosive death) forms most of the elements we know.
Stars convert the abundant hydrogen in the universe to heavier elements once it is massive enough to maintain a chain reaction of hydrogen. As a stars hydrogen fuses into helium, the star will not have enough hydrogen, collapse then fuse its helium into other elements like carbon, oxygen nitrogen, etc but at some point the star cannot fuse the heavier elements such as iron and the star colapse creating even heavier elements.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_nucleosynthesis

Us, our own planet and the rest of this solar system is made of the elements of stars that exploded long ago.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
actualy... this mod dosent make you lost in space ... it adds space you can travel to by somehow going 1500 above sea level...

AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

ModError: Failed to load and run ..\mods\space\space\init.lua
Error from Lua:
..\mods\space\space\init.lua:18: attempt to index global 'default' (a nil value)

Martno

by Martno » Post

Very good idea.

davidthecreator

UjEdwin wrote:...
Error from Lua:
..\mods\space\space\init.lua:18: attempt to index global 'default' (a nil value)
works to me and probably everyone else with no errors you probably got older minetest version than 0.4.12... or something.

TheMCPenguin
In-game: TheMCPenguin

by TheMCPenguin » Post

davidthecreator wrote:
UjEdwin wrote:...
Error from Lua:
works to me and probably everyone else with no errors you probably got older minetest version than 0.4.12... or something.
That happened to me too! I fixed it though, by entering the error files, and deleting any line that mentions sound. I know, it's annoying, but that's all I got.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

The depends.txt file is in the modpack folder. You need it in each of the mod folders. Then the sounds will work.

Love this idea.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here