Re: Amhi

by Dragonop » Post

Pretty amazing tough!

kidmondo
IRC: kidmondo
In-game: kidmondo

by kidmondo » Post

Dragonop and I having some fun exploring a little while ago.
Attachments
screenshot_20150731_224541.png
screenshot_20150731_224541.png (948.96 KiB) Viewed 588 times

DoubledNebula51
In-game: DoubledNebula51

WARNING!!!!!

by DoubledNebula51 » Post

minecraftkick is griefing this server! Protect your home and beware of minecraftkick! He WILL place protection blocks and flood your home and land with lava! NEVER EVER LET HIM IN YOUR AREA! FOR ANY REASON! EVER! OR HE WILL DO WHAT HE DID TO Jacob-plays-MC! James Has been warned about this minutes ago.
I can be an Angle or your worst nightmare! It all depends on you! However, I'm nice by default.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Do you load world from backup? Because my house was deleted and my mine not so deep as it must.

everamzah
GitHub: everamzah
IRC: everamzah
In-game: everamzah

by everamzah » Post

Yes. I believe three days worth of data were lost. I neglected to perform my regular 24 hour backups immediately before a series of lightning storms, all without the security of a battery backup, or even a grounded outlet. Ouch.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

I need to correct everamzah. Only 2 days of data where lost.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Maybe you try mount in ram only dir /players and migrate from sqlite to leveldb, then if you pc shut down suddenly the database will not lost. But i don't know about speed work.

everamzah

by everamzah » Post

This is a good idea, and I only now realize that leveldb is faster than sqlite, and redis is faster than leveldb. I did try to make a leveldb world once but I got an error so didn't continue on. So can I ask: Do I only need to change world.mt backend to leveldb and then do --migrate leveldb?

Edit: Also, what about "speed work"? And, how does mounting players dir as tmpfs(?) work? Does it make things faster? Do I need to worry about it being tmpfs if the machine loses power?

amadin

by amadin » Post

You must edit world.mt AFTER migrate (in wiki writed nothing about changing world.mt on leveldb, so i think you don't need to edit world.mt), and don't use redis (it may freeze server after some time). About mount to ram, i writed in this topic link to manual, but you must change it if you mount only dir /players. If you don't used tmpfs why you lost database, database must save every some time (you can set it in minetest.conf in seconds - server_map_save_interval)?

everamzah

by everamzah » Post

I'll definitely look into it and do some experiments, and ultimately migrate to leveldb and look for any speed improvements. I'm worried my CPU will be taxed more than before, though. It's a pity about redis crashing, it's an attractive idea to offload the database to a secondary machine if it gives the machine running minetestserver more resources so it runs faster.

Edit: I've migrated the world backend from sqlite3 to leveldb, and mounted players dir as tmpfs. Hopefully it's smoother now, though I couldn't tell.

Edit2: The Minetest server listing is now showing Amhi with zero users when it actually has a dozen players connected. Also, it resets the uptime, even though minetestserver had never restarted. I'd never noticed this before switching to leveldb today. I'm hoping tonight/tomorrow when I backup/restart it'll magically stop doing that.

everamzah

by everamzah » Post

Spoiler
Attachments
DSCF0033.JPG
DSCF0033.JPG (182.78 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Well, maybe 35 slots for players was too much?
Btw, what actually happend? another storm? or it was just too much for the cpu?

kidmondo

by kidmondo » Post

Erm...
16:11:57: ERROR[main]: Access denied. Reason: Your client's version is not supported.
16:11:57: ERROR[main]: Server version is 0.4.12-dev,
16:11:57: ERROR[main]: server's PROTOCOL_VERSION (strict) is 26, client's PROTOCOL_VERSION is 13...24

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

Someone is using an old vertion of MT probably, the one in the Ubuntu repos is OLD...

kidmondo

by kidmondo » Post

benrob0329 wrote:Someone is using an old vertion of MT probably, the one in the Ubuntu repos is OLD...
What O.o

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

I mean that whoever is trying to connect to your server is using an older vertion of Minetest, so it doesnt work. The Minetest package in Ubuntu 14.04 is still on vertion 0.4.9 (i think) so that could be a problem.

It could also be that someone is trying to connect to your server from one of the illeagle copies (they dont put there source code out...) of MT found in the App Store and Play Store, which are generaly quite old too.

kidmondo

by kidmondo » Post

benrob0329 wrote:I mean that whoever is trying to connect to your server is using an older vertion of Minetest, so it doesnt work. The Minetest package in Ubuntu 14.04 is still on vertion 0.4.9 (i think) so that could be a problem.

It could also be that someone is trying to connect to your server from one of the illeagle copies (they dont put there source code out...) of MT found in the App Store and Play Store, which are generaly quite old too.
This is me trying to connect to Amhi :P

kidmondo

by kidmondo » Post

Looks like an admin may have had some fun XD

programmingchicken
GitHub: pchicken
IRC: chicken pchicken

by programmingchicken » Post

This reminds me of DOA, except more organized. Oh, and if you haven't heard of DOA, you probably haven't scrolled down the server list randomly a year ago.
<gamerdude> I apologize for the above content

everamzah

by everamzah » Post

Recently the server has crashed twice in a way that I have to hard reset the machine to restart it. Both times the server was down for a number of hours before I noticed.

I hadn't noticed the lockup before starting to use a CRT monitor on the machine, and I've now unplugged it in the hopes that it's related. The server log shows only ^@^@^@^@ repeated a couple hundred times.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

well, the server just died with a crash

everamzah

by everamzah » Post

I had to turn on ignore_world_load_errors because the thing was crashing on map load errors. Yikes!

shacknetisp
GitHub: linewriter1024
IRC: behalebabo
In-game: beha

by shacknetisp » Post

When I try to connect to the server I just get a gray screen with the debug information, the map and hud don't load. All other servers work fine.

My account here is "beha".

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

shacknetisp wrote:When I try to connect to the server I just get a gray screen with the debug information, the map and hud don't load. All other servers work fine.

My account here is "beha".
This is a known bug for people with slow connection, or a high ping. Try deleting your "cache" folder on the minetest folder.

shacknetisp
GitHub: linewriter1024
IRC: behalebabo
In-game: beha

by shacknetisp » Post

I'm still getting it after deleting cache.
Last edited by shacknetisp on Sun Dec 06, 2015 00:35, edited 1 time in total.